HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Apr 19, 2022, 5:22 PM

Frontier feels strangely car oriented for an area that has all of the retail amenities needed and access to rapid transit. A 15-minute neighborhood without the walkability. Hope the area around the towers will improve in the coming decade.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2023, 11:38 PM

I guess they're not planning to build the next tower anytime soon. The property is now fully covered by surface parking lots and trees have been planted.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2023, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
I guess they're not planning to build the next tower anytime soon. The property is now fully covered by surface parking lots and trees have been planted.
That's too bad. I was really hoping we'd see the Gloucester Centre area transform completely within a decade, but it seems all projects have stalled at this point.

Maybe in a year or two when the interest rates go back down.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2023, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
That's too bad. I was really hoping we'd see the Gloucester Centre area transform completely within a decade, but it seems all projects have stalled at this point.

Maybe in a year or two when the interest rates go back down.
I doubt they would have planted trees if they planned to do it in a year or 2.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2023, 6:46 PM

I think the redevelopment of Gloucester Centre and all of these towers was highly dependant on the LRT. Since the LRT has had multiple shutdowns and issues since the launch, the demand for apartment living at Blair has most likely softened.

Might not explain 100% but I would imagine it's playing some role in not seeing the 3rd Frontier tower as well as the 4th tower which was supposed to be connected to the mall & the station.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2023, 2:12 AM
Cigritbutt enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTSkyline View Post
I think the redevelopment of Gloucester Centre and all of these towers was highly dependant on the LRT. Since the LRT has had multiple shutdowns and issues since the launch, the demand for apartment living at Blair has most likely softened.

Might not explain 100% but I would imagine it's playing some role in not seeing the 3rd Frontier tower as well as the 4th tower which was supposed to be connected to the mall & the station.
The lack of a ground level fare gate at that end of the station is infuriating... every time I am around there I see people walking through an area "they aren't supposed too" .. like ... get real... I walk through it... and I'd beak off the cop that tells me I cant.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa