HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Feb 26, 2018, 10:38 PM

To clarify, should have said begins to give way to Arizona rather than Arizona "dominates."

Old Posted Feb 27, 2018, 8:50 PM
B!tchslapping Since 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docere View Post
The difference between Atlantic and Gulf coasts is less stark than I thought. It looks like there are similar numbers of Northeasterners and Midwesterners on the Gulf Coast. But the Midwesterners are split between Florida and Arizona.

Maybe Ohio/Michigan folks head to Florida, but then Arizona becomes dominant to the west of there?
Ohio without question heads to Florida followed by the Carolinas. I've never heard of folks going to Arizona for snowbirding but perhaps some folks in the northern part of the state do?

Old Posted Feb 27, 2018, 8:59 PM

Michigan folks basically never go to Arizona. They go to Florida (Gulf side), or maybe a tiny bit to the Carolinas/GA (Hilton Head, Tybee, Charleston, etc.).

Old Posted Feb 27, 2018, 9:00 PM
E pluribus unum

Yeah, what few snowbirds we get in Arizona from Ohio are usually from either Toledo or Cleveland. The Indians draw okay out here during Spring Training, but they have some historical precedence in the Cactus League.

I'm also guessing that the majority of Ohio State fans who come out of the woodwork whenever the Buckeyes play in the Fiesta Bowl hail from the northern parts of the state. Then again, there's Ohio State alumni everywhere...

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Michigan folks basically never go to Arizona. They go to Florida (Gulf side), or maybe a tiny bit to the Carolinas/GA (Hilton Head, Tybee, Charleston, etc.).
As usual from Crawford, utter nonsense. Sitting now in a Tucson exurb, the number of my neighbors from Michigan (and Minnesota and Wisconsin) is huge. Add in Iowa and it often seems like that's where everybody here is from.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 5:44 PM

Anyway, it seems like there's now a map for where snowbirds (and others) are going and where they are leaving and it puts the lie to notions of California being depopulated in favor of Texas, for example.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/retiree...&page=1&pos=19

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
As usual from Crawford, utter nonsense. Sitting now in a Tucson exurb, the number of my neighbors from Michigan (and Minnesota and Wisconsin) is huge. Add in Iowa and it often seems like that's where everybody here is from.
Anecdotes are useless. Do you have data showing that Michigan is a major source state for Arizona retirement in-migration?

I would bet California #1 (by far), and Illinois and Texas are also very high on the list.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 6:36 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Texans like Nevada and Colorado.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Anecdotes are useless. Do you have data showing that Michigan is a major source state for Arizona retirement in-migration?

I would bet California #1 (by far), and Illinois and Texas are also very high on the list.
Crawford, you said Michiganers NEVER go to Arizona and that is wrong. Thousands of them do. You offerred no statistics and I'm not going to do your research for you. I know plenty of them do because I see the license plates every day and talk to the people from Michigan at the local farmers' market. You know nothing about the subject--have you ever been to either Michigan or Arizona?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions