HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 4:08 AM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
These are my old stomping grounds. I was in Attleboro all the time - ex-gf from North Attleboro. Lincoln is a nice place. That little trifecta of Lincoln, Johnston, and North Providence flies under the radar.

This area had three things going for it: whaling, cheap jewelry, and cranberries. Two of those three haven't been viable for a long time, but there's always demand for cranberries. And it's a good thing, because cranberries are about all you can grow in that sandy clay soil.

My parents want to "retire" to Warren or Tiverton. Walpole-Foxboro are "too close to the snow line" and the Rhodie towns on Narraganset sit in this little micro-climate where all the Nor'easters rain instead of snow. I looked into it and it seems they're actually right.

Yeah, I'd still totally live in this area too. Plenty of Commuter Line trains to Boston and Providence, and you're less than an hour from either city's downtown.
I just love Rhode Island and the outlying areas in Mass. I'd move to Bristol in an instant if I had the opportunity..which I always preferred over Newport. As far as waterfront...Narraganset more picturesque than BI Sound anyway. I even really liked Cranston. Grandfather's family from Fall River.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 4:39 AM

Gary, Indiana?

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 5:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
I just love Rhode Island and the outlying areas in Mass. I'd move to Bristol in an instant if I had the opportunity..which I always preferred over Newport. As far as waterfront...Narraganset more picturesque than BI Sound anyway. I even really liked Cranston. Grandfather's family from Fall River.
This is my Bristol joint: https://quitosrestaurant.com/

The wife asks to go here specifically every time we visit home. Quintessential New England clam shack fare. Colt State Park is a joy too.

Cool to hear about your Fall River connection! Great bones if they can ever get their act together - just look at how New Bedford has taken off in the past 10 years. And Rhode Island is actually my favorite state . . . moreso than Mass on the whole.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 2:20 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Got some of my best sunset shots from Colt State Park. Always something going on there and it's like a step back in time; classic cars meet-ups in the summer, picnics and Del's lemonade stands everywhere.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 2:28 PM
BANNED

Myrtle Beach, SC is really cheap. There are dozens of ocean view condos under $100,000. Often the mortgage payment will be less than the HOA.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 3:47 PM
Oak City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Belt View Post
Myrtle Beach, SC is really cheap. There are dozens of ocean view condos under $100,000. Often the mortgage payment will be less than the HOA.
I remember back in like 1999 my parents were looking at some high rise condos that were under 60k there.

Also living in Wilmington NC isn't super expensive. It's a pretty gritty small city with a nice downtown but a number of poor areas. The rich live in the oceanfront areas and commute the 20 minutes in I think. Also, it smells like cat pee but otherwise nice.

Source: Why does Wilmington, N.C. smell like cat pee?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions