HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Nov 1, 2016, 11:27 PM

UTA runs a FREE bus from Frontrunner to Lagoon all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
While I have criticized him in the past, I do like that he's a dreamer and has shoots big. Sure none of it has worked out yet, but I do hope that he is able to get something going there. I think it's a good idea that he's starting small and owns enough acreage there that maybe it could expand into something larger if there seems to be a demand. I do like that they will provide a shuttle from Front Runner. Along those same lines, and I know I've posed the questions before, but does Lagoon have a free Front Runner shuttle?

I shouldn't be to hard on a dreamer as I'm one too.

Last edited by Stenar; Nov 2, 2016 at 12:01 AM.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2016, 5:46 AM

American Fork Transit Oriented Vision

So I came across this vision for American Fork on Perkins Eastmans Website.
Does anybody know anything about this?

I hope this really is in the works.
Here is the link to the page
http://www.perkinseastman.com/projec...ge_vision_plan

Old Posted Dec 24, 2016, 6:08 AM

Here is a link to American Forks City Council meeting about the TOD projecthttp://afcity.org/agendacenter/city-...?#10202016-898

Old Posted Dec 24, 2016, 9:10 PM

Is that land officially part of AF? I've been wondering if AF and Lehi would clash over annexing that area as well as clashing over acquiring the much coveted water rights from farmers.

I know Lehi and Highland were at odds over land recently.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2016, 3:47 PM

Commercial Development Booming Along Southern Wasatch Front

Deseret News - Jason Lee - http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...-counties.html

SALT LAKE CITY — As the state's economy continues to thrive, the volume of office buildings and commercial projects under construction of late along the southern Wasatch Front is at a near record pace — the bulk of which is situated in the heart of Utah's tech hub.

In Utah County, the amount of office space being leased has more than doubled since last year, and nearly twice the amount of 2014, according to data from commercial real estate firm Coldwell Banker Commercial Advisors.

The Utah County office market has experienced significant growth in 2016, with more than 1.1 million square feet of positive office space absorption, explained Lana Howell, director of technology services for CBC Advisors. The absorption rate is the level at which rentable space is filled or leased to a tenant.

"We're seeing the supply increase and the demand go up at the same time," Howell said.

This year, 1.6 million square feet of high-end space is reaching completion, with large amounts of new space on the market quickly absorbed by new and expanding tenants, she said...

Last edited by delts145; Dec 27, 2016 at 3:58 PM.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2016, 10:34 AM

A confluence of conservation and development: The top 5 north Utah County stories of 2016

The Daily Herald - Karissa Neely

The year 2016 was an interesting contrast of themes in northern Utah County. While north Utah County continues its reign as the heart of development and explosive growth,
it was also a haven for conservation as area residents still strove to protect the region’s natural beauty.

Here are the Daily Herald's selections for the top five stories in northern Utah County this year:
http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...dfc20f2e8.html

Doninic Valente, Daily Herald - Construction workers on site near the Traverse Mountain area work on new retail developments, including a new grocery store...

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 1:43 PM

Good to see this project back on. I think that the VOID aspect in particular has great potential for Ken in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanDesign View Post
It looks like Evermore is back on. Work is set to begin this week and will now include and state-of-the-art go-kart track and the first VOID location.
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=43107319&nid...pleasant-grove

I hope that someday a VOID location will be built in Gateway. I imagine it having a similar draw to the escape rooms there, just geared towards a different client.
Plans Back On For Fantasy Theme Park In Pleasant Grove

By Sam Penrod
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=43107319&nid...pleasant-grove

The Evermore Park project seemed to stall for the past couple of years, but construction
is set to begin later this week on what the founder believes will become a big attraction for Utah. (KSL TV)

Last edited by delts145; Feb 7, 2017 at 1:55 PM.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 12:18 AM
Exit 298

Considering I now buy regularly gasoline on a chunk of what was originally the park's site, I still am a huge skeptic.

That said, I do feel the project adds to the community -- but as a skeptic/realist I just do not believe it will ever actually be financed, built, or see sustainable foot traffic to stay open.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2017, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-215 View Post
Considering I now buy regularly gasoline on a chunk of what was originally the park's site, I still am a huge skeptic.

That said, I do feel the project adds to the community -- but as a skeptic/realist I just do not believe it will ever actually be financed, built, or see sustainable foot traffic to stay open.
This project is fully funded. Apparently Boyer views the project differently than you as they are the money behind most of it. If it hasn't broken ground it will shortly.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2017, 12:35 AM
Exit 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
This project is fully funded. Apparently Boyer views the project differently than you as they are the money behind most of it. If it hasn't broken ground it will shortly.
Hmm. Well, if true that Boyer is backing it --- well, that financing is a huge step. I wish them well.

I look forward to watching construction from Pump #5 at Holiday Oil.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2017, 5:59 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-215 View Post
Hmm. Well, if true that Boyer is backing it --- well, that financing is a huge step. I wish them well.

I look forward to watching construction from Pump #5 at Holiday Oil.
I wonder if Boyer offered to back it, if Ken decided to drop his Void Center proposal.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2017, 6:02 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanskeUtahn View Post
So I came across this vision for American Fork on Perkins Eastmans Website.
Does anybody know anything about this?

I hope this really is in the works.
Here is the link to the page
http://www.perkinseastman.com/projec...ge_vision_plan
This didn't get very much discussion, but if this were to come about this would be amazing. The fact that AF has this much vision in relation to their FrontRunner station is very impressive. This would be a true TOD. The fact that the station is approached from a promenade rather than a parking lot, I realize the parking garage is on the other side of the platform, and that the entire development is focused on that station. If they stick to their guns and can find developers that share this vision that will be a very impressive place.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2017, 3:56 PM

^^^
For a century American Fork was considered the hub of Northern Utah County. I think that has kind of been replaced by a far more aggressive Lehi. Maybe American Fork could grab back some of it's former glory if this were to actually come to fruition. I keep hoping that A.F. will someday realize it's incredible potential.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2017, 5:19 PM

There is a 0.0% chance than anything remotely close to what is depicted in that rendering comes to fruition.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2017, 5:45 PM

I think it will happen eventually, but not in our lifetime. Right now, I would be happy if Am. Fork would just give the historic core and Main/State the attention it deserves.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 4:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
I wonder if Boyer offered to back it, if Ken decided to drop his Void Center proposal.
You will be happy to know that the VOID is still planned to be part of Evermore. I got to take a special visit last week and try out their system with my wife. They are headquartered in the old Noah's bldg. in AF. It was even better than I could have ever imagined! It will be the next big thing that will put Utah on the map! After our trial run, we found out that they are still planning on having the void be part of Evermore and that they are breaking ground soon!

I should be awesome and you all should take the trip to AF once the VOID is open! Definitely worth your money!!

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 5:35 AM

Void is in Lindon, in the old Noah's building, I cannot wait for Void to open, it is going to be epic. I agree, It will definitely put Utah on the map!

Old Posted Mar 6, 2017, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanskeUtahn View Post
Void is in Lindon, in the old Noah's building, I cannot wait for Void to open, it is going to be epic. I agree, It will definitely put Utah on the map!
My bad, I don't know where the city boundaries are for UT county. Just saw something on the I-15 exit saying AF and that stuck in my head. You are right, it is in Lindon.

Definitely check it out when it opens though!

Old Posted Mar 7, 2017, 4:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
There is a 0.0% chance than anything remotely close to what is depicted in that rendering comes to fruition.
That's the spirit!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2017, 10:23 AM

Speaking of American Fork. Did they ever finally get that smell problem taken care of with the sewage treatment plant out next to I-15?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West