HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 7:14 AM

It looks like Evermore is back on. Work is set to begin this week and will now include and state-of-the-art go-kart track and the first VOID location.
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=43107319&nid...pleasant-grove

I hope that someday a VOID location will be built in Gateway. I imagine it having a similar draw to the escape rooms there, just geared towards a different client.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 12:31 PM

Good to hear. The whole VOID concept makes a lot of sense to me. I think this will over time develop into a big winner for Ken.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 12:58 PM

Cool, looks like this development has come a long way in the past few months. Phase I must be wrapped up at this point.

Jordan Valley Station TOD - Boulder Ventures - Phase I, Novi Apartments

Jordan Valley Station is a 40 acre master planned Transit Oriented Development located less than 20 minutes from downtown Salt Lake in the City of West Jordan, Utah. Located on the mid Jordan TRAX Station, the development is entitled for up to 1,396 multi-family units of varying product types and 85,000 square feet of ancillary retail, restaurant, medical and professional office uses.

NOVI, the first phase (4.54 AC) of Jordan Valley Station, is a 270 unit market rent apartment community, wrapping around the existing TRAX parking structures.

NOVI has been designed to accommodate today’s renter with the latest in technology and amenities.

http://images.apartmenthomeliving.com

http://static.wixstatic.com/media

https://static.wixstatic.com

Last edited by delts145; May 30, 2017 at 11:26 AM.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 3:50 PM

Wow. Actually adjacent to TRAX. That almost never happens.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 4:15 PM

And yet it still manages to fit the parking structures between TRAX and the apartments.

Ah well, I'll take what I can get. A 'pretty good' TOD is better than no TOD.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 4:41 PM

^^^
I kind of wondered about that too Hatman. However, it does seem like that particular area of the TRAX corridor is treated kind of like property that is adj. to a freeway. Not necessarily blighted, but still like the backyard alley, not the front yard where your making the prettiest presentation

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 5:06 PM

I know I may be against the grain so to speak about the parking being visible from Trax but my reasoning does work.

Most people in the area (95+%) drive to work. Those on the train don't. However, most people say they won't take Trax because of the lack of parking at the stations. So, by showing the parking to the riders, they can tell others about the large amount of parking available to hopefully gain additional riders.

Over time though, I do think there is enough room between the parking structures and Trax to allow for another building to be build to enclose and hide the parking.

If possible, a 15 story building would be great between the East (left) side parking structure and Trax. This could be built after the TOD is completely leased as desire for TOD living increases.

Sure, this may be 20+ years from now for the area, but it is still nice to dream.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 12:33 AM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
I know I may be against the grain so to speak about the parking being visible from Trax but my reasoning does work.

Most people in the area (95+%) drive to work. Those on the train don't. However, most people say they won't take Trax because of the lack of parking at the stations. So, by showing the parking to the riders, they can tell others about the large amount of parking available to hopefully gain additional riders.

Over time though, I do think there is enough room between the parking structures and Trax to allow for another building to be build to enclose and hide the parking.

If possible, a 15 story building would be great between the East (left) side parking structure and Trax. This could be built after the TOD is completely leased as desire for TOD living increases.

Sure, this may be 20+ years from now for the area, but it is still nice to dream.
You mean the west structure, (left in the photo)? I don't see that there would be any space between the east structure and the station, but they could definitely fit another residential building between the west garage and the station.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 4:50 AM

Quote:

Uhhh...you think the parking is there to show off to TRAX riders? Why would the developer care about showing off to TRAX riders? My guess is the parking is there because people don't want to directly face the rails with the additional noise that comes with it. People still need cars in almost all areas of the Wasatch front in that while getting to work on TRAX might be doable, getting groceries, running errands, etc. is pretty cumbersome in MOST places in Utah right now. Thus people still want to be able to park their cars, and to have them as a barrier between the rail that can be noisy and their homes, great. That's my thoughts anyway, nothing to really support them.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrent77 View Post
Uhhh...you think the parking is there to show off to TRAX riders? Why would the developer care about showing off to TRAX riders? My guess is the parking is there because people don't want to directly face the rails with the additional noise that comes with it. People still need cars in almost all areas of the Wasatch front in that while getting to work on TRAX might be doable, getting groceries, running errands, etc. is pretty cumbersome in MOST places in Utah right now. Thus people still want to be able to park their cars, and to have them as a barrier between the rail that can be noisy and their homes, great. That's my thoughts anyway, nothing to really support them.
The parking was built by UTA to encourage transit use, the Developer is building around it only recently.

FM, I thought this was on the North side that is why I thought it was the East that had the room. Thanks for the clarification.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 2:34 PM

Quote:
The parking was built by UTA to encourage transit use, the Developer is building around it only recently.

FM, I thought this was on the North side that is why I thought it was the East that had the room. Thanks for the clarification.
I love some of the knowledgeable forumers^^^ even the ones that sometimes I disagree with.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 4:37 PM

Quote:

Thanks, this makes the previous posts make more sense.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Valley Fair Mall in West Valley City has awarded the management contract to Vestar effective January 1, 2017.
This marks Vestar’s second entry into the Salt Lake City market as Vestar acquired The Gateway in downtown Salt Lake City last year.
http://www.utahbusiness.com/valley-f...ay-mall-owner/

Old Posted Feb 28, 2017, 6:05 PM

This is a South Salt Lake City thing, so I think it goes here...
Parley's Trail. It's planned to run from Parley's Canyon all the way down to the Jordan River Trail. Some of that length will be along the S-Line trail. The TRAX bridge over Roper Yard on the Green Line was built to carry a bike trail on the south side, but was never finished.
UNTIL NOW. Or sometime this summer. It isn't actually open yet (as I was to discover), but on the east side of the bridge there was no construction barrier or sign saying it wasn't open yet, so I went on up and had a look. There is a new steel bridge over 600 West, installed over the winter, that allows this whole project to work. I think it will be my new favorite place to watch trains; it goes right over the yard, two mainline tracks, FrontRunner, and TRAX is up on the bridge with you. It's pretty great. I just wanted to share how much I love it:

This trail links 300 West with 900 West. At 900 West you need to 'jaywalk' across the road to get to the Jordan River Trail connector, which is about 900 feet south of the new trail's head. Hopefully a pedestrian signal (or better, grade separation) is in the planning stages. Then, all that will be left, is to somehow bridge the gap between 300 West and State Street - about 4 blocks. Once that is done, the trail will be complete. And it will be glorious. I love how much biking and walking infrastructure is being built out in the valley. It adds so much to the community and makes Salt Lake a great place to live.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2017, 9:31 PM

It's funny the county wants to build a paved trail in dinppal dale were the residenace don't want it but can't complete this trail were the people need it.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 5:19 AM

Old Posted Mar 2, 2017, 1:25 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by asies1981 View Post
I enjoy your project updates. Can you do a update story of Sandy City? There's been a lot of development out there lately. Do you know when the city plans to break ground on those apartment high-rises south of city hall? Or any other developments in the works?

Old Posted Mar 2, 2017, 5:57 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportvids View Post
Do you know when the city plans to break ground on those apartment high-rises south of city hall?

That's a funny question.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2017, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportvids View Post
I enjoy your project updates. Can you do a update story of Sandy City? There's been a lot of development out there lately. Do you know when the city plans to break ground on those apartment high-rises south of city hall? Or any other developments in the works?
I would say 2050 at the earliest.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2017, 3:52 PM

Speaking of that area, the Hale Theater should just about be wrapping up by now right? Also, can't remember the schedule on this Gardner development. Has it broken ground and started it's construction yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highrise_Mike View Post
I don't know if this has already been posted on here but I found a couple renderings of the 11-story Gardner building that is going to be built next to the new Hales theater. It has 320,000 square feet of office space and they are building a parking structure between this building and the theater. I also saw a sign out on site for it but I am not entirely sure when construction will start.

*Renderings are from: http://gardnercompany.net/portfolio-...-center-plaza/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West