HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Montreal Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Montreal Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 2:17 AM

The tallest building will be approx. 124 meters tall. Youtube video link.

http://youtu.be/qGUHCx06320

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 2:19 AM

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 3:01 AM

Very impressive, just what that area needs!

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 3:02 AM

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 3:13 AM
Look at me!

Wow!!

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 3:46 AM

WOW now if only that sheraton hotel close by could get a renovation.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 5:28 AM
Look at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexcaban View Post
WOW now if only that sheraton hotel close by could get a renovation.
Well now the pressure's on. Remember when the Hilton garden Inn came on Sherbrooke a few years back, quickly after that the ugly green hotel next door completely renovated its exterior. Ya never know...

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 5:28 AM

Ahah! Nice surprise this evening! The shorter tower is about the same height as the Hilton which is 118m tall. The taller tower is a good 5 stories taller than CCE which is 119m tall. Should be 130m + !

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 5:30 AM
Look at me!

An interesting note, the Queue de cheval restaurant on the corner remains intact. The buzz was that they were gonna tear it down for this project and move to the former mount stephen club...

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 6:58 PM
testify

actually, i think i'd prefer queue de cheval at the mount stephen club, personally. thanks for posting those new renderings, it's precisely what i needed to like this project. very very nice design, though a shame that the elevations are such that it won't have a huge impact - if only this were being built in the qds or over the habitations jeanne-mance.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight_from_kamakura View Post
if only this were being built over the habitations jeanne-mance.
You know that people live there, do you ? Lots of families. With children. Seriously.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 7:54 PM

Disons juste que ça a vraiment de la gueule comme projet
«La francophonie, c'est un vaste pays, sans frontières. C'est celui de la langue française. C'est le pays de l'intérieur. C'est le pays invisible, spirituel, mental, moral qui est en chacun de vous.» -Gilles Vigneault, un grand Nord-Côtier

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 8:01 PM
Look at me!

Quote:
if only this were being built in the qds or over the habitations jeanne-mance.
Agreed. The habitation JM are a colossal urban planning mistake. I have no gripes against HLM, but the way they did it is so egregious. Wiping out the street grid, disconnecting families from the sidewalk and surrounding their homes with parking lot. I had the misfortune of working security at these bunkers, and from a purely urban perspective, it wasn't pretty. A terrible shame.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 4:46 AM
Give us a kiss

New Icône rendering from Montreal 2025:

source: http://montreal2025.com/photos/large/1334671485.jpg

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
Agreed. The habitation JM are a colossal urban planning mistake. I have no gripes against HLM, but the way they did it is so egregious. Wiping out the street grid, disconnecting families from the sidewalk and surrounding their homes with parking lot. I had the misfortune of working security at these bunkers, and from a purely urban perspective, it wasn't pretty. A terrible shame.
That may all have been true in the past, but right now the Habitations Jeanne-Mance has become a model for social housing, with community gardens, programmes d'entraides, beautification with graffiti artists, etc. It's not the slumb that you think it is. The idea that someone would want to erase that to build yuppy rich condos is just nut.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 5:49 PM
Look at me!

Not nuts, no. Just take a walk down de Maisonneuve sometime between St-Dominique and Sanguinet some time. The geniuses who designed the project made sure that most of the buildings face away from de Maisonneuve, shitty little patches of brown grass and 2-3 storey brown brick apartments that look more like POW camps than housing. No amount of murals on blank walls can fix this debacle.

Its not the concentration of welfare collecting people that bothers me, but the planning of this mess. It is such an anti-urban experience to walk through this site, as if the urban planners who were in charge back in the 50's hated Montreal's streets, and gave the future inhabitants the lowest possible standards of architecture and quality. And all this right in between le quartier des spectacles and quartier latin.

But to each his own, I reckon.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 5:56 PM
testify

the urban horror that is the habitations jeanne-mance is directly responsible for the blight that is st cath east of st laurent. obviously, when the habitations are finally redeveloped, it'll need to be done in stages to keep the families there, but it has to be done. it's just a total planning failure.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 6:19 PM
Look at me!

Quote:
the urban horror that is the habitations jeanne-mance is directly responsible for the blight that is st cath east of st laurent. obviously, when the habitations are finally redeveloped, it'll need to be done in stages to keep the families there, but it has to be done. it's just a total planning failure.
Agree with everything.

The first step in fixing this nightmare should be redeveloping the lots bordering Maisonneuve. Building new buildings with heights ranging from 8-15 floors with shops on the first floor so that one can walk from Berri UQAM station to St-Laurent station while experiencing a concise urban narrative.

I used to work security for just for laughs (when it was still on St-Denis) and was posted on Sanguinet and Maisonneuve. I cannot count how many tourists simply avoided the area at night, not because its actually dangerous, but because it looks like a cold, empty fringe housing project from 1950's Bronx.

And to the travellers arriving to Montreal by bus (poor them), walking from the station centrale on Berri to their hotel somewhere in downtown must seem like a depressing experience, having to walk through HJM.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2012, 12:30 AM

LISTE DE PRIX / PRICE LIST
À partir de / Starting at Entre / Between
Studio 323 à/to 421 pi2 /sf 181 900 $ à/to 338 900 $
Une chambre / One bedroom 530 à/to 771 pi2 /sf 285 900 $ à/to 499 900 $
2 chambres / Two bedrooms 788 à/to 1166 pi2 /sf 420 900 $ à/to 650 900 $
3 chambres / Three bedrooms 1516 à/to 1524 pi2 /sf 832 900 $ à/to 862 900 $
Stationnement / Parking 55 000 $
Casier / Locker 3 500 $
Frais de condominium (approx.) / fees (approx.) 0.35 $ / pi2/sf

Old Posted Apr 19, 2012, 2:44 AM
The good old days are now

Quote:
Un autre projet de condos près du Centre Bell

Hugo Joncas . les affaires.com . 18-04-2012 (modifié le 18-04-2012 à 16:15)

Après le Crystal, le projet Icône. À deux pâtés de maisons du Centre Bell, Michael Dickey démarre un autre projet de copropriété dans le centre-ville de Montréal.

Juste au nord des projets de Broccolini et de Giorgio Tartaglino, son entreprise, les Stationnements métropolitains, commence les ventes d’unités pour la première des deux tours du projet. Située du côté ouest du lot, elle fera «38 ou 39 étages» et comptera 382 unités.

« Nous aimerions commencer la construction au printemps 2013 », dit Michael Dickey, rencontré dans le bureau de ventes du projet.

L’immeuble comptera des unités de très petite taille : 323 pieds carrés, pour les plus modestes. Mais la plupart des plus petites feront plutôt 400 pieds carrés, et seront vendues 198 000 $. «Mais il y en aura jusqu’à 1 400 pieds carrés, dit l’architecte Olivier Legault, de Béïque, Legault, Thuot. Il pourrait même y avoir des unités à 3 000 $.»

Le budget de construction est de 120 millions de dollars, dit Michael Dickey.
http://www.lesaffaires.com/secteurs-..._campaign=unis

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive