HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 18, 2014, 2:33 PM

Another new building has broken ground in Tysons. A new 470' high rise for Capital One's new headquarters will be the tallest commercial/occupied/non-washington monument building in the DC Metro region.

http://thetysonscorner.com/capital-o...roundbreaking/

Old Posted Dec 18, 2014, 6:07 PM

Another update from the changing Tysons skyline. New tower crane is up for Greystar's second project in Tysons (will have pictures coming up soon) and the facadist redo of 7900 Westpark is complete on the shell. Its looking very cool. Has a nice LED light system that has been fun to watch this holiday season.

http://thetysonscorner.com/7900-west...vation-tysons/

Old Posted Dec 18, 2014, 8:17 PM
Chairman

-sb

Old Posted Dec 19, 2014, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
Correct. I hope to get some pictures of the foundation construction of that one as well as the pit at Anderson for the Garfield apartment getting ready to get foundations in.

Also, noticed the other day that the industrial warehouse/retail on Tyco is getting a nice facelift. Much better than the old corrugated metal shell (although still just a 2 story industrial space).

Old Posted Jan 31, 2015, 2:46 AM

15-story apartment at the corner of Dolley Madison and Anderson in Tysons East has their tower crane up.

http://thetysonscorner.com/garfield-...e-tower-crane/

Also Nouvelle is near top out on Westpark in North Tysons at 27 stories

http://thetysonscorner.com/nouvelle-...-final-height/

Old Posted Feb 5, 2015, 1:03 AM

Telsa is closer to completing their 90,000 sq ft. sales and service facility in Tyson's Corner. It's on Tyco Rd, very close to Route 7, next to the Audi dealership. Pics are from the TeslaMotorsClub.com forums.

[IMG]http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=70640&d=1422541328[/IMG

Old Posted Feb 11, 2015, 5:41 PM

Another project preparing for site work. This is Westpark Plaza, construction trailer has shown up for demolition of the old building

Old Posted Feb 11, 2015, 6:09 PM

Upcoming Silver Line events

There are two events related to the Silver Line that might be of interest.

1) There will be a Transportation Techies 'meet-up' event tomorrow evening, sponsored by Arlington's Mobility Lab. The event is titled, "Metro Hack Night II: Silver Line Edition."

"Metro Hack Night is a show & tell of Metro-related apps and data visualizations. Our focus will be on the impact of the new Silver Line. Doors open at 6:00 with pizza and drinks, and the presentations start at 6:30."

http://www.meetup.com/Transportation...nts/218874680/

2) The Japan International Transport Institute is hosting an event, "The Co-Development of Urban Railroads and Infrastructure," on March 4. Shyam Kannan from WMATA will be discussing development around the Silver Line, among other topics.

http://www.japantransport.com/seminar/2015/01/0304.php

Old Posted Feb 17, 2015, 10:32 AM
JoeCooper

How is the construction for the Capital One Headquarters progressng? Any recent photos of that project as of late?

Old Posted Feb 17, 2015, 7:33 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
How is the construction for the Capital One Headquarters progressng? Any recent photos of that project as of late?
The last time I drove by the site, excavation was in progress. Since the site is well within boundaries of Capital One's campus, the best view is from the Inner Loop.

-sb

Old Posted Feb 19, 2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
I wish there was a webcam for this project. One thing is for sure: it will make quite the skyline impression.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
The last time I drove by the site, excavation was in progress. Since the site is well within boundaries of Capital One's campus, the best view is from the Inner Loop.
There is a better vantage if you have a good camera from the curved part of Westpark Drive just before the bridge, or from the bridge itself if you are on the right side of the HOT lane bridge.

I've been giving the project some time before doing another posting/photos of it since right now they are just doing foundation/pile supports; so not much to see. I'm sure they will have a camera once their tower crane goes up.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 7:52 PM

Another side note, Lerner is also actively pursuing their first high rise apartments, a dual apartment tower, 31-stories, across the street from Kettlers 30-story VITA tower, with a possible ground breaking this year as well. (Area is fenced off and signs are up for it but no earth moving at this time).

That is also next door to 1775 (by Lerner) and a 2 minute walk from Nouvelle Apartments at Arbor Row

I think if that project were to begin as well, it would officially be a high rise boom in Tysons with greater than 10 projects in progress at the same time.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2015, 3:58 PM

New rendering and site construction photos for the dual tower mid-rise going in at Commons of McLean. It has an interesting 10th floor skywalk that is a common area that connects the two towers. Should be an interesting building.

http://thetysonscorner.com/hoar-cons...ons-of-mclean/

Old Posted Mar 22, 2015, 11:09 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Some renderings of "Tysons Central":

Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/fairfa...y/10949914344/

==================================
http://tysonscentraldevelopment.com/

Old Posted Mar 22, 2015, 11:15 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Tysons, Virginia Development (Overview of Future Plans)

Quote:
Location: Tysons lies between the community of McLean and the town of Vienna along the Capital Beltway, approximately 12 miles west of the heart of Washington DC. Tysons is Fairfax County's central business district with the largest concentration of office space in Northern Virginia. The area is also home to Tysons Corner Center, the largest shopping mall in the capital region.

Tysons West – The first phase, already being developed. Located on Route 7 at the intersection of Westwood Center Drive, just steps from one of the first Metro stations on the new Metrorail Silver Line, the new mixed-use development will have over 250,000 square feet of retail, 400,000 square feet office space and 700 residential apartments. Among the new businesses which will be included in the first phase of the construction are a small format Walmart grocery store and a full-service, state-of-the-art 24 Hour Fitness health club, amenities which will offer residents in the immediate area and surrounding community new shopping and lifestyle options. Upon completion, Tysons West will offer a variety of ground floor retail establishments, restaurants with outdoor dining, new residential housing, commercial and medical office space, and a fully renovated Sheraton Premiere Hotel.

Tysons Central 7 – The mixed-use project will include office, hotel, retail and residential properties totaling approximately 1.9 million square feet, located directly adjacent to the new Metro Station on Route 7. This district will also have a Civic Center, a public square to serve as a public gathering space for outdoor concerts or public markets. New buildings will be designed to include government services, a public library, post office and a cultural facility.

Tysons Central 123 – The area surrounding the Tysons Central 123 Metro Station is likely to remain a shopping destination with a walkable street network. Hotel and conference facilities may be added. A parking garage is being considered.

Tysons East – Subdistricts will be created to include an office district, a residential district and an education focused district. Scotts Run Park will remain as parkland and will provide an oasis for outdoor events such as concerts and family friendly activities. Arbor Row—CityLine Partners’ Scotts Run South project will add more than 6.6 million square feet of mixed use development near the future McLean Metro station. This project will erect 17 new buildings, including office, residential, retail and a hotel. Most of the development sits to the east of the stream valley park on a 23-acre site, along Route 123 near the intersection of Colshire Drive. To the west of the park, the development covers two parcels, totaling 6.9 acres, along both sides of Old Meadow Road from Route 123 to Colshire Meadow Road. The plan includes five new urban parks spread across about 3.6 acres, including a playground, two basketball courts, civic space, corner plaza, new naturalized park area. The approximately 12,000 square foot park along Anderson Road includes a playground. A 28,000 square foot civic plaza will offer ornamental landscaping and a water feature or splash pad for kids. Another 1.5 acre naturalized park will connect the development to the existing Scotts Run Park.
===============================
http://dc.about.com/od/realestate/fl...ture-Plans.htm

Old Posted Mar 25, 2015, 8:05 PM

Garrett plans 500 apartments and grocery store in Tysons.

One year after spending $26.5 million to acquire Kip Killmon’s Tysons Ford at 8201 Leesburg Pike, within a half-mile of both the Tysons Corner and Greensboro Metro stations, Garrett has applied to rezone the dealership site for a 600,000-square-foot, six-story development of apartments over retail.

“It’s not high-rise, but it is in keeping with the comprehensive plan for Tysons,” Andrew Garrett, the company’s president, said Tuesday. “This is what the county is looking for. They obviously don’t want high-rise throughout the whole 1,700 acres in Tysons Corner.”

Read more here:

http://www.bizjournals.com/washingto...or.html?page=2

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 9:29 PM

Massive Tysons project rebranded, final development plans filed

Massive Tysons project rebranded, final development plans filed

By Michael Neibauer
Washington Business Journal
Apr. 15, 2015

“One of the few massive Tysons overhauls remaining in the Fairfax County pipeline has a new name and a clear vision for the initial phases of development.

The Bethesda-based Meridian Group, which acquired the four-building SAIC (NYSE: SAIC) campus in July 2013, has rechristened the redeveloped 18-acre site as "The Boro," leaving behind the name Greensboro Place. The campus, bounded by Leesburg Pike, Greensboro Drive and Solutions Drive, is located almost entirely within a quarter mile of the Greensboro Metro station.

“We chose the name because it’s a unique play on the word ‘borough’ and references the Greensboro Metro station and surrounding area," said David Cheek, Meridian Group president. "The Boro has a strong destination or place-making quality to it. It conveys a mixed-use environment with an urban tone where residents, visitors and tenants all gather to live, work, relax and play…”

http://www.bizjournals.com/washingto...velopment.html

Old Posted Apr 17, 2015, 12:01 AM

The "Boro"? The name will have to grow on me but I do like the development overall. Being so close to the Metro is an added bonus.

Old Posted May 25, 2015, 1:37 PM

Wiehle Ave. Silver Line transit-oriented development

I took this photo of one of the residential buildings as part of the Reston Station development yesterday during my bike ride to Reston.

Also, note in the foreground of the photo you can see that Bozzuto is beginning work on its development at 11411 Sunset Hills Road, where there are 421 apartments planned adjacent to Comstock's Reston Station development.

Invest in transit and watch the surrounding area boom (it is incredibly foolish that Gov. Hogan is willing to miss out on a similar boom surrounding the Purple line)!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations