HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Oct 25, 2006, 3:42 PM

I know buildings are built without the elevator core first, I'm just saying it would make it that much more convienent to stop construction after the parking garage is finished and wait. I'm just hoping to see the 8th + floors U/C.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2006, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azndragon837
The more "brown" rendering (without the crown) is actually an older rendering, then they redesigned it to the current one you see now (with the crown).

On its website, the rendering with the crown is showcased. I clearly remember last year when it had the old rendering, then all of us went nuts over the better design (with the shiny exterior and the crown). If I am not mistaken, the model that is showcased at the sales office is of the current design with the crown.

-Andrew
I really hope you're right. The version with the crown and the emphasized verticals and without the brown is sooooo much better!

Old Posted Oct 27, 2006, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy
As has been said before, a lot of buildings are built without the elevator core first...so I don't really think that's an issue of concern. (A good example here locally is the University of Phoenix building under construction at I-10 and 32nd St which is around 10-11 stories)

One thing I wanted to touch on...can the builder simply change the way a building looks after condos have already been sold?

Here is the original rendering on the left with one that seemed to have surfaced more recently on the right...

Not only is the crown gone...but the top floor's design is different and so is the color of the building. These changes from the original would definitely make an impact on me wanting to live there if I had committed to purchase a unit.
As mentioned, the rendering with the crown is presented on their website. In addition, the top two floors have large balconies, which are not so present in the brown design. On the website you can click on each floor of the building to see the floor plans, and the rendering with the crown is used (and matches the floor plans they show much better). I'm pretty sure we're going to get the silver/gray building, the crown is yet TBD.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2006, 6:27 PM
BANNED

guys, the brown rendering is over 2 years old. The silver one with the crown was released 6-8 months ago and is the current design of the building.

P.S. I'm back!!

Old Posted Oct 27, 2006, 8:09 PM

October 27th:

Looks like they are going up about 1 level every two weeks.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2006, 8:41 PM
Desert Urbanite

^Holy cow, ONE more level until the 8th floor, whohoo!!! Then, after that, it's going to be above that ugly garage to the north, and within a month or so, we will be able to see the tower's frame from the I-10 freeway going eastbound. Very exciting...thanks for the update!

-Andrew

Old Posted Oct 27, 2006, 9:48 PM

Haha...you sound more excited then me about this project, I didn't think that was possible.

I think once the 7th floor will be done, it will already be level with the parking garage next door (even though the parking garage is 8 floors, the ceiling heights and first level aren't as high). When the 8th floor is done, it should already stick up past the garage...especially since it's supposed to have 20' ceilings.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2006, 9:52 PM

How are sales going for 44 Monroe?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 2:11 AM

"One thing I wanted to touch on...can the builder simply change the way a building looks after condos have already been sold? "

Yes- it's called "Value Engineering"!

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 2:45 AM

I was looking over some of the old posts, and I noticed that in this particular diagram, the height measurements don't add up correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy
I didn't know all these were available to the public but I guess they are...

http://recorder.maricopa.gov/imaps/i...=PLAT&imgType=

Looking at Sheets 16, 17, and 18, it shows a height of 356' for all the floors, then another 11.5' for the roof, for a total of 367.5'.
There is something shown in the drawing above this level but no height figure is given...although it looks to be about another 11'...so maybe a total height of around 378'.

Another weird thing...I thought floor #8 was supposed to have a 20' ceiling but the plans show floor #7 with 15.5' ceilings and #8 with 12.7'.
If the tower were to be 356 ft to the roof, then each floor would be an average of 10.5 tall. That does not seem likely. In this diagram, each floor is at least 11.67 ft tall. I think the 356 ft height excludes the parking garage. If each level averaged 11.5 ft, the height to the roof should be 11.5 x 34 stories = 391 ft.

If floors 1, 7, and 8 are taller, then the height could be over 400 ft, plus the height of the potential crown.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 6:35 PM

I never really noticed before, but look at the SW (?) corner of the building right at about the 8th floor. There is a little area that kind of juts out from the building. Does anyone know what it is? Hopefully it is a large patio off of a restaurant/bar. Something like that is exactly what Phoenix needs. A (low) sky lounge/patio type thing.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 8:47 PM

^it's part of the pool/rec area for the condo owners.

The rendering on the left is by the San Diego firm Tucker Sadler. The rendering on the right, the original, is by a Seattle architect who took ill and dropped out of the project. I never established this as a fact, but it seemed this design was so uninspired that the builders might have decided the exterior needed tweaking. At any rate, they may or may not leave off the crown, depending on the cost.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan r1
I was looking over some of the old posts, and I noticed that in this particular diagram, the height measurements don't add up correctly.

If the tower were to be 356 ft to the roof, then each floor would be an average of 10.5 tall. That does not seem likely. In this diagram, each floor is at least 11.67 ft tall. I think the 356 ft height excludes the parking garage. If each level averaged 11.5 ft, the height to the roof should be 11.5 x 34 stories = 391 ft.

If floors 1, 7, and 8 are taller, then the height could be over 400 ft, plus the height of the potential crown.
It would be nice if that was true but according to the diagram, the 356' is from street level up to the top of floor 34. It doesn't seem to add up but it does because the parking garage levels are around 8' tall.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 8:38 PM

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 8:50 PM

Realtor only or open to everybody?

(My girlfriend is a realtor anyway but just for general knowledge)

Old Posted Oct 30, 2006, 4:46 AM

Well- nobody ever asks or knows if you're a Realtor or not.
You can simply say that you just got licensed with a brokerage of your choice!
(Or just find a Realtor to go with)
I'm not sure if I'm going or not...

Old Posted Oct 30, 2006, 8:27 PM

Just an observations, 44 Monroe is already up to the seventh floor yet to me it doesn’t seem to have the same punch as SCS had when it hit the seventh floor. It may be because SCS had fewer reference points and just seems huge standing out there all by its lonesome. I’m just speculating but I don’t think its going to make an impact until it is at least above the fifteenth floor.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2006, 8:41 PM

The floor plate for the 7th floor is already in place? If so, that would be very fast because as of Saturday evening it was not there...they were only up to the 6th floor and were working on the 7th.

I'm waiting to see how wide the building will be once they get passed the garage floors. I'm hoping, and I think, it will be more slender then the US Bank tower...which will make it appear taller then if it was fatter.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2006, 9:28 AM

A couple new things with 44 Monroe...

What's up with the City of Phoenix banner on the building?

They have also introduced a "Construction" link on their website, I guess we won't be needing to drive by and take pictures anymore...

http://www.44monroe.com/construction.html

They sure seem to be taking their sweet time, between last Friday and today...it doesn't seem they have done much...still working on floor #7.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2006, 9:28 AM

Last edited by HX_Guy; Nov 3, 2006 at 3:56 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest