HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jun 7, 2019, 2:31 AM
Member since 2001

W.t.f.

Anyone know who went into Austin's wiki page and erased all of the data pertaining to the U/C buildings and approved/proposed buildings?

It's all gone!

Old Posted Jun 7, 2019, 2:39 AM

Old Posted Jun 7, 2019, 3:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBoot View Post
Anyone know who went into Austin's wiki page and erased all of the data pertaining to the U/C buildings and approved/proposed buildings?

It's all gone!
I noticed that the other day - though I didn't know that there ever was a list of proposed/UC buildings. Can't you go back and restore it somehow? I think wikipedia archives old versions of the articles...

Old Posted Jun 7, 2019, 5:01 AM
Member since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith_atx View Post
Looks like some Fuck named Mattximus erased all of it on June 5th! And, I believe the shithead is from nowhere near Austin. God, I hate how easy it is to access changes to wiki.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2019, 6:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBoot View Post
Looks like some Fuck named Mattximus erased all of it on June 5th! And, I believe the shithead is from nowhere near Austin. God, I hate how easy it is to access changes to wiki.
Well I don't know who Mattximus is, but i went and clicked undo on his edits. Guess we will have to see if he or anyone else comes along and erases it all again.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2019, 11:22 AM
Meh

That's why I would never trust Wikipedia for building height info. Anyone can edit it.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTrox73 View Post
Well I don't know who Mattximus is, but i went and clicked undo on his edits. Guess we will have to see if he or anyone else comes along and erases it all again.
Judging from his comments:
Quote:
no source provided for 3 years, needs to be removed without proper citations
He took it upon himself to "clean up" the page. I'd guess he's doing this on more pages than this one.

Does Wikipedia take any sort of stance on how long non-cited content should be kept around? Or does he just have a stick up his ass?

Old Posted Jun 7, 2019, 1:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul78701 View Post
Judging from his comments:

He took it upon himself to "clean up" the page. I'd guess he's doing this on more pages than this one.

Does Wikipedia take any sort of stance on how long non-cited content should be kept around? Or does he just have a stick up his ass?
I don't know if there's a specific deadline, but I believe their stance is that it _shouldn't_ be kept around.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe...ding_citations

(I'm slightly fuzzy on "challenged or likely to be challenged", but I guess this guy qualifies as a challenge, or whoever made that note 3 years ago)

Reverting the edit my work for a bit, but it's quite likely this guy or someone else will eventually delete it again.

The "correct" long term fix would be to add the content back with the references.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2019, 2:46 PM
Meh

Their tendency to delete edits is one major reason I won't bother contributing to them, despite the fact that the data I'd be bringing is coming straight from the source or other very respectable ones.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2019, 2:47 PM

Somebody added citations to almost every tower in those sections, so I removed the maintenance templates. This shouldn't be a problem going forward.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2019, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
That's why I would never trust Wikipedia for building height info. Anyone can edit it.
for that reason it is largely the most accurate pedia around

Old Posted Jun 7, 2019, 9:24 PM

I occasionally updated that list until about three years ago. I gave it up because my updates kept getting deleted or replaced.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin