HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Jessy's Pizza franchise is for sale in Riverview. Not sure if it's a new franchise, or the one that just opened not that long ago. But 80,000$ for a franchise + rent take over seems afordable.
I don't believe the store ever actually opened.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 11:36 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The Buddha Bear Cafe (in a shipping container0 is now open on the boardwalk in Riverview next to the Chocolate River Station.

T&T Photos

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 8:38 AM

Roverview has set aside funding to purchase land to consider a future roundabout at Pine Glen and
Pinewood Road.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 3:10 PM

An UN-NEEDED roundabout. It's just the incompetent Town engineer looking to spend money. #MakeWorkProjects

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoutDog View Post
Roverview has set aside funding to purchase land to consider a future roundabout at Pine Glen and
Pinewood Road.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 3:12 PM

Quite simply the ugliest building in Metro Moncton. They took a cool shipping container and make it into a disaster. I give this place 6 months before it shuts down or the taxpayers are underwriting the rent for this tenant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The Buddha Bear Cafe (in a shipping container0 is now open on the boardwalk in Riverview next to the Chocolate River Station.

T&T Photos

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 4:41 PM
Random Contributor

Quote:
[/I]

I tried the coffee. It was good , you can tell it's fresh roasted. The perogies were a bit doughy.

I doubt they'll be able to compete in Riverview without a drive through window. The counter opening points away from the parking lot where most customers will be coming from. It might work better in the summer.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 7:17 PM

Man, what a Debbie-Downer. It's sounds like you are a Riverview person so why not shop local, eat local, spend local, enjoy local.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_Man View Post
Quite simply the ugliest building in Metro Moncton. They took a cool shipping container and make it into a disaster. I give this place 6 months before it shuts down or the taxpayers are underwriting the rent for this tenant.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
I tried the coffee. It was good , you can tell it's fresh roasted. The perogies were a bit doughy.

I doubt they'll be able to compete in Riverview without a drive through window. The counter opening points away from the parking lot where most customers will be coming from. It might work better in the summer.
I had the breakfast perogies this morning, I thought they were very good. Service was friendly. I agree they may be slow in winter, they are only open until 2 and I don't see that being a busy spot at lunch in Riverview as there's not many workers around. Lots of walkable neighbourhoods around that area though so in summer they could do well with kids and teachers off school & if they get a small patio area/beer garden I bet that would do really well at night. Riverview doesn't have a single licensed restaurant that has a patio.

There's lots of runners/cyclists coming through that area on the weekends once the weather improves.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoutDog View Post
Man, what a Debbie-Downer. It's sounds like you are a Riverview person so why not shop local, eat local, spend local, enjoy local.
lol All 16 of his posts are infected with negativity. Seems like he has some axe to grind with the town of riverview. Maybe its Scott Bulman

Old Posted Feb 22, 2018, 4:28 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I see Riverview has a plan to increase traffic capacity on the Gunningsville Bridge while the causeway replacement is occurring.

The want to put in two left turning lanes on Coverdale Road eastbound for bridge traffic, and to put in two right turning lanes northbound for traffic coming off the bridge onto Coverdale Road westbound.

Sounds like a smart plan to me.......

Old Posted Feb 22, 2018, 5:52 PM

Quote:
I see Riverview has a plan to increase traffic capacity on the Gunningsville Bridge while the causeway replacement is occurring.

The want to put in two left turning lanes on Coverdale Road eastbound for bridge traffic, and to put in two right turning lanes northbound for traffic coming off the bridge onto Coverdale Road westbound.

I think you meant to say southbound for traffic coming off the bridge heading west on Coverdale since everything coming off the bridge to Riverview is heading south not north.

I will hold judgement on this until I see it in action. I'm amazed they actually are planning something. I assume they will have to widen roads or change some infrastructure in order to make this work. They will also have to make three lanes in the morning on the bridge dedicated to northbound and the reverse in the evening or none of this will work. I live eastbound on Coverdale so I guess i'm ****** either way.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2018, 1:07 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
I think you meant to say southbound for traffic coming off the bridge heading west on Coverdale since everything coming off the bridge to Riverview is heading south not north.
Indeed yes, I meant to say southbound traffic on the bridge, sorry.

In terms of modifying the infrastructure, I gather not much may be necessary.

There are paved shoulders on either side of the traffic lanes on the bridge. These could be narrowed (with bicyclists encouraged to use the wide sidewalk across the bridge instead). This would help to give room to add another vehicle lane. the westbound exit off the bridge onto Coverdale could be widened to two lanes just by shaving the size of the "island" a little bit. Coverdale Road itself may need a little widening just in the vicinity of the bridge.

This might actually make a good fix for rush hour traffic using the bridge, even after the causeway replacement is finished. The traffic on the Gunningsville Bridge during rush hour can be quite hairy at times, even now......

Old Posted Feb 25, 2018, 11:33 AM
Random Contributor

Quote:

There is already complaints with the new plan. Seems East Riverview drivers are confused as to why two left turn lanes make sense coming from Moncton, but going to they get blocking of their single dedicated right on lane with a yeild to West traffic. A yeild is going to reduce flow from the East in the morning as they will have to slow down and look before entering the bridge.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2018, 11:59 AM
Random Contributor

I think a solution to give East Riverview a second access to the bridge would be extending Old Coach road to Gunningsville. This would also give easier access to the new Riverview East School.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2018, 2:40 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Thanks for posting the actual proposed plan. It's always easier when you can actually see the plan. I must admit, my understanding of the plan was flawed to begin with.

I agree, turning the northbound on ramp onto the bridge into a yield is a bad move.

In essence, they will improve the morning commuting situation for west Riverviewers, and the evening commuting situation for east Riverviewers, but actually make things worse for east Riverview commuters in the morning, and potentially west Riverview commuters in the evening (if they put in that other yield sign too).

This plan need further thought.......

Last edited by MonctonRad; Feb 25, 2018 at 3:09 PM.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2018, 3:18 PM
Random Contributor

Quote:
...actually make things worse for east Riverview commuters in the morning, and potentially west Riverview commuters in the evening
Its not so bad coming off the bridge heading right because few people will be turning left from Gunningsville onto Coverdale in the evening. This should clear easily when their light is green for West Riverview.

The opposite is true for people entering from East Riverview. When their light is green then twice as many left turners are jumping in. And the one's supposedly staying in the left lane on the bridge are trying to change lanes to the right to get to Assumption.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2018, 5:47 PM

Just drop a roundabout and be done with it. Riverview wants one so bad that they want to plan it for an area it's not needed, and has no space for it. Build it here at the Cross of Guningsville, and Coverdale.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2018, 7:09 PM
Random Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Just drop a roundabout and be done with it. Riverview wants one so bad that they want to plan it for an area it's not needed, and has no space for it. Build it here at the Cross of Guningsville, and Coverdale.
The issue with the bridge entrance is timing. Whatever is chosen needs to be completed in less than 2 years. The less roads they need to rip up to get her done, the less disruption to traffic flow in the meantime the better. A roundabout for the bridge wouldn't even be able to be planned in that time, let alone getting the environmental studies, property acquisitions, and political will.

The roundabout for Pine Glen they are considering is in front of the fire hall. You'd surely agree keeping traffic flowing there is better than to backing it up behind lights or stop signs blocking the fire hall access.

Last edited by riverviewer; Feb 25, 2018 at 8:25 PM.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2018, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
The issue with the bridge entrance is timing. Whatever is chosen needs to be completed in less than 2 years. The less roads they need to rip up to get her done, the less disruption to traffic flow in the meantime the better. A roundabout for the bridge wouldn't even be able to be planned in that time, let alone getting the environmental studies, property acquisitions, and political will.

The roundabout for Pine Glen they are considering is in front of the fire hall. You'd surely agree keeping traffic flowing there is better than to backing it up behind lights or stop signs blocking the fire hall access.
Fine Can't really disagree with the Keeping the front of the Firehall clear.
I'll acept an extended Wheeler Blvd into Bridge form crossing the Peticodiac, and Conecting to a Newly reconstructed Avondale Drive.

Curently I think I'm just stating every type of intersection that has been propositioned to Make access between Moncton, and Riverview easier.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2018, 1:41 PM
Random Contributor

If I am allowed to dream further... An intersection at Old Coach Road opens a rear entrance to the Moncton Golf Course and offers a development opportunity for a hotel overlooking downtown Moncton almost within walking distance of the Arena.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces