HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 3:56 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Bomberjet and alittle please reframe from posting entire articals as acordance with Our 3rd party posting protocols u2 should know this

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 4:36 PM

Okay. I'll have to re-read the rules. Can only post two or three paragraphs or something like that?

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 4:58 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Okay. I'll have to re-read the rules. Can only post two or three paragraphs or something like that?
Corect and link and auther date artical name as well

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 5:15 PM
North End Troublemaker

Why do I love the Winnipeg Zoning Bylaw? Because a 4800 square foot addition to the Humane Society building requires an additional 11 parking stalls... Because 79 isn't enough for all the dogs and cats.

It's somewhat crazy that the original building got built with the required amount of parking. I'm willing to wager those 79 stalls have been filled exactly never in the 8 year history of the building. I'm glad they won't make that mistake again.

http://www.winnipeg.ca/CLKDMIS/ViewD...ba/2014/a13886

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 5:31 PM

I went there a couple weeks ago and it was actually quite full. I had to squeeze into half a handicap stall half a regular stall. Handicaps were super wide and everyone was parked all willy nilly. But I do agree with you on the parking requirements.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 5:34 PM
North End Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I went there a couple weeks ago and it was actually quite full. I had to squeeze into half a handicap stall half a regular stall. Handicaps were super wide and everyone was parked all willy nilly. But I do agree with you on the parking requirements.
That's actually somewhat surprising... I never would have thought.

I know they do classes/outreach and other sorts of things for kids and such, but I didn't think it would be that popular.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveosnyder View Post
Why do I love the Winnipeg Zoning Bylaw? Because a 4800 square foot addition to the Humane Society building requires an additional 11 parking stalls... Because 79 isn't enough for all the dogs and cats.

It's somewhat crazy that the original building got built with the required amount of parking. I'm willing to wager those 79 stalls have been filled exactly never in the 8 year history of the building. I'm glad they won't make that mistake again.

http://www.winnipeg.ca/CLKDMIS/ViewD...ba/2014/a13886
I thought the city was going to be sending a rapid transit line directly next door that was going to alleviate the need for vehicles?

The city could at least pretend they have any hope for Rapid Transit. Cutting out eleven parking stalls is a very cheap way to signal that...

Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 6:15 PM

They may have had some type of function going on at the time I went there. There seemed to be lots of elderly folks and possibly a CTV vehicle.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2014, 6:39 PM

Can't remember the last time I seen this price here.

Gas prices drop below $1 per litre in Winnipeg

http://globalnews.ca/news/1682656/ga...e-in-winnipeg/

Old Posted Nov 23, 2014, 7:22 PM
I am a typical

Crazy. It's like is 2010 all over again!

Old Posted Nov 24, 2014, 3:55 PM

The fun part of filling up with gas at this price is watching the litres go around faster then the dollars and cents.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2014, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Crazy. It's like is 2010 all over again!
5 years already, it's been a long time. Hopefully it'll stay at this level, 101.9 today, for a while longer.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2014, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittle1 View Post
The fun part of filling up with gas at this price is watching the litres go around faster then the dollars and cents.
I thought this same thing, back in 2010 I guess it was, when prices climbed over $1.00! haha I thought, "never again will I see the dollars go slower than the litres". And here we are, well I'll be!

Old Posted Nov 25, 2014, 4:03 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Old Posted Nov 26, 2014, 7:41 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

opinions?
http://1ajs.com

Old Posted Nov 26, 2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
opinions?
http://1ajs.com
Nice start.

Why don't you host your own images? I know it seems like a major pain in the arse to host your own content but you have much more control of your website? Same with your poems.

Your domain host has some good packages. I have several sites registered at the same place.

I code all my sites by hand with notepad,(old school) but if your using an editor it may be easier.

Anyway good luck..PM me if you have anything you can't figure out in the future.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 1:18 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

i do i just dont want to take up more room then i need to right now on my server my pointdouglas.com thing is quite a monster as it is.

i put it together with notepad btw

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
i do i just dont want to take up more room then i need to right now on my server my pointdouglas.com thing is quite a monster as it is.

i put it together with notepad btw
I was wondering why your index page frames were being hosted from your pointdouglas site. Makes sense if your storage space is limited, your photo collection is quite extensive on that site. Unlimited domain hosting but limited to a preset amount of bandwidth and storage...unless you upgrade? I've done it myself. It's easier to manage multiple sites with one host. Whatever works best..

Yeah, I kinda figured you coded it by hand, I was talking more about your use of Subdreamer on your previous site. Pretty much does the work for ya.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 4:54 PM
the first stamp is free

I heard yesterday (from a fairly reliable source, so take this as a rumour) that MPI is working on a three year time frame for implementing mandatory winter tires in Manitoba.

Cars will not get a safety if they are driven during the winter months without winter tires - or something to that effect.

Manitoba seems like a logical place to require winter tires. We have them on our cars - I am a huge proponent of using them.

What do other people think?

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
I heard yesterday (from a fairly reliable source, so take this as a rumour) that MPI is working on a three year time frame for implementing mandatory winter tires in Manitoba.

Cars will not get a safety if they are driven during the winter months without winter tires - or something to that effect.

Manitoba seems like a logical place to require winter tires. We have them on our cars - I am a huge proponent of using them.

What do other people think?
Yeah, I'd say that the time has come. In this climate it's a reasonable thing to do. I'm sure that the announcement, when it comes, will be met with the usual Manitoba willingness to embrace positive change (LOL) but obviously MPI will account for that factor in its plan. Looks like they're already starting to phase it in with the loan program.

I am ashamed to admit that I don't have winter tires yet. Thing is I don't have a garage... part of the reason I've been stalling is because I don't like the thought of lugging them into the basement every spring. People in condos and apartments will face a similar issue. Someone with extra warehouse space could probably make a tidy sum by offering to store winter tires... does such a thing exist already?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan