HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Oct 24, 2016, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Workers are removing the tower crane from the office tower at Avalon. It's about half-way down. There is another tower crane at Avalon, not far from the tower crane being dismantled. I've noticed the flashing warning lights are turned-off on that crane and its been there for a while, without lights. I'm guessing that tower crane is for the hotel and conference center?
i'm a bit confused; i live nearby and i thought what they were building *was* the hotel, which is why i thought it was weird to top out at 9 stories.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2016, 2:00 AM
Fourth and Main

It's good to see I'm not the only forum member in the northeast suburbs. I take the Windward Parkway exit from 400 to go home. I look at this site every time I pass it on 400. The building looks skinny, like it could be the hotel? I'll post the reasons I labeled it "office building" (I sometimes call it Microsoft Building, but don't know the official name?) and you can look at the reasons, investigate them, and decide for yourself.

Reasons I labeled it "Office Building" in my posts:

Reason #1: The hotel's ground breaking was at the end of June. Around the time the ground breaking was announced, in the area newspapers, this building was already three or four floors out-of-the-ground, with a tower crane.

Reason #2: If you go to the Tesla dealership in Avalon and walk across the street, to the construction site, you'll see renderings and details on the expansion. For maybe two or three of the projects, it lists the completion dates. The largest office building is shown with a completion date of April 2017. The hotel was shown with a completion date of January 2018. To me, it seems more likely the office building would be topped-out, with workers disassembling the tower crane and a completion date of April 2017. It also seems more likely that workers would install a crane at the hotel site in early Fall 2016, with a completion date of January 2018.

Last edited by Matthew; Oct 25, 2016 at 2:36 AM.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2016, 12:46 PM

Emory plans 2.3M-square-foot development on I-85

Quote:
Two of Atlanta’s biggest hospital systems are set to create the city’s next “Pill Hill” at Interstate 85 and North Druid Hills Road.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...t-on-i-85.html

CHOA center for Advanced Pediatrics

CHOA ambulatory care center

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 2:30 PM

South City Partners buys land for Avondale Estates mixed-use project

I think Avondale has a lot of potential for TOD. Hopefully more will follow.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...mixed-use.html
Quote:
South City would develop a four-story building with 197 residential units and 8,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space. The project would rise along East College Avenue and Hillyer Street.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2017, 11:09 PM

City Springs progress

Old Posted Feb 17, 2017, 1:04 PM

An awakening in Chamblee

The article details the burst of development activity in the city.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...slideshow.html

Projects include ...
  • Peachtree Station - Whole Foods, Cooks Warehouse, Starbucks, Yeah Burger
  • The Olmstead - 283 residential, 10,000 sf retail/office
  • Parkview on Peachtree - 303 residential, 55,000 sf office
  • Trackside Chamblee - 80,000 sf office, 13,000 sf retail
  • The Malone on Peachtree - 189 residential, retail

Peachtree Station

Parkview on Peachtree

Trackside Chamblee

Old Posted Feb 19, 2017, 10:54 PM

The development in Chamblee is great to see. Atlanta is FINALLY beginning to take advantage of having HRT infrastructure that many cities would love to have. I think everything within a half of every station should be targeted for walkable density.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 11:17 PM

$200 million Atlanta Sports City planned

Quote:
The Discover DeKalb Convention & Visitors Bureau along with various sports, entertainment and economic development partners unveiled a $200 million, 190-acre sports tourism project Feb. 22.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...s-city-to.html

To be known as Atlanta Sports City
  • can host 22 different sports
  • 204,000 sf indoor athletic facility
  • 15,000 seat soccer stadium
  • 338,000 sf retail

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 5:43 PM

Alpharetta is proposing a local trail called the "Alpha Loop", which is essentialy two loops within a 4 mile loop just south of the Avalon. I think a few lurkers live or work near Alpharetta, so thought y'all may find that interesting.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2017, 5:53 PM

Wow, what an autocorrect!:

BISNOW reported Arby's is looking to relocate its HQ in central perimeter... to potentially a new building in central perimeter. No comment on if they're looking at other sub markets.

Last edited by Street Advocate; Mar 4, 2017 at 6:46 PM.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2017, 9:19 PM

North Point Mall Apple store relocating to Avalon

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 3:49 PM

Serta Simmons picks new HQ site, likely Doraville Assembly project

An earlier article indicated that Serta was seeking a 200,000-square-foot build-to-suit project for an expansion that could mean several hundred jobs.
IF true, this will be great growth in the kind of area that should be getting density and development. We are finally beginning to connect land use with transit.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...doraville.html
Quote:
The company, which has been exploring options for a new Atlanta campus for the past year, did not name the site in a statement released Tuesday. But, the Serta Simmons headquarters is widely expected to help launch the first phase of Assembly, the redevelopment of the former Doraville General Motors plant.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 9:23 PM

Bisnow has more details on Serta as well as other potential prospects for Assembly.

https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/...rospects-74032
  • Project Quartz, a headquarters that is seeking 140K SF of office and 70K SF of research and development space as well as a 115K SF parking deck. According to the Atlanta Business Chronicle, Project Quartz is the potential consolidation for Serta Simmons Co., one of the largest mattress makers in the world, which would consolidate operations from two other offices in Atlanta.

• Project Care - Integral is in talks with a healthcare company to move its headquarters under the moniker Project Care. Sources familiar with the deal said that is Norcross-based Pruitt Health, a company focused on senior living facilities, which is eyeing 200K SF of offices, possibly leaving the northern suburbs for a location closer to the city. Sources said talks with Integral were very preliminary.
  • Project Warrior, a 31K SF unidentified office user for Baler Village, a part of the overall Assembly development “which would be attractive to the burgeoning 'e-gaming' sector and demographic,” Integral officials state in documents. “Presently, there is a lease under negotiation for Project Warrior, which would serve as the anchor tenant for the Baler Village area.”
  • Eviva Yards, a 200-unit, 190K SF multifamily project that would include 30K SF of street-level retail. According to documents, Integral has a letter of intent with an unidentified developer. That developer could be Capstone South. Capstone president Michael Hahn — who also was involved in the development of Assembly's Third Rail movie studio project that is now in operation — wrote on his LinkedIn profile that his firm was developing Eviva Yards in partnership with Integral, with a groundbreaking set for this November.
  • Brewery - An unidentified local brewery, which, according to documents, would develop a 100K SF operation at Assembly. In some of the documents, the project was dubbed “Orph.” Atlanta-based Orpheus Brewing is eyeing various sites around town for a second brewing facility, which would be used to brew its main beer offerings that are sold in grocery stores, said Ford McClure, a brewer and office manager for the company. He declined to say if Orpheus is considering Assembly, but said that Orpheus wants to open a “production facility” in the next two years.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 8:22 AM

As exciting as development around doraville is, particularly from a TOD perspective and the cultural diversity of the immediate surrounding area, man I wish major company HQ moved to midtown or downtown. Doraville is the geographical mirror to Cumberland. Sure it will likely get people to commute shorter distances, move closer to the city, or closer to their place of work, but it doesn't do much for the interconnectedness of neighborhood's as a whole in the short term. The development will look good on chamblee now and I'm happy for the immediately surrounding neighborhood's, some of our best cuisine is within walking distance. However, this development is really another disjointed enclave for metropolitan Atlanta, a city whose major issues revolve around constituents not living close enough nearby to one another. Not everything needs to be in one or two neighborhood's, but we also don't need major hubs 10+ miles from one another.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 11:16 PM

Assembly Yards site plan

I believe Serta is slated for the office building in the bottom left corner. The site plan also reveals the locations of some of the other prospects mentioned in the Bisnow article. This project is much farther along than I realized.

Quote:
  • Project Quartz, a headquarters that is seeking 140K SF of office and 70K SF of research and development space as well as a 115K SF parking deck. According to the Atlanta Business Chronicle, Project Quartz is the potential consolidation for Serta Simmons Co., one of the largest mattress makers in the world, which would consolidate operations from two other offices in Atlanta.

• Project Care - Integral is in talks with a healthcare company to move its headquarters under the moniker Project Care. Sources familiar with the deal said that is Norcross-based Pruitt Health, a company focused on senior living facilities, which is eyeing 200K SF of offices, possibly leaving the northern suburbs for a location closer to the city. Sources said talks with Integral were very preliminary.
  • Project Warrior, a 31K SF unidentified office user for Baler Village, a part of the overall Assembly development “which would be attractive to the burgeoning 'e-gaming' sector and demographic,” Integral officials state in documents. “Presently, there is a lease under negotiation for Project Warrior, which would serve as the anchor tenant for the Baler Village area.”
  • Eviva Yards, a 200-unit, 190K SF multifamily project that would include 30K SF of street-level retail. According to documents, Integral has a letter of intent with an unidentified developer. That developer could be Capstone South. Capstone president Michael Hahn — who also was involved in the development of Assembly's Third Rail movie studio project that is now in operation — wrote on his LinkedIn profile that his firm was developing Eviva Yards in partnership with Integral, with a groundbreaking set for this November.
  • Brewery - An unidentified local brewery, which, according to documents, would develop a 100K SF operation at Assembly. In some of the documents, the project was dubbed “Orph.” Atlanta-based Orpheus Brewing is eyeing various sites around town for a second brewing facility, which would be used to brew its main beer offerings that are sold in grocery stores, said Ford McClure, a brewer and office manager for the company. He declined to say if Orpheus is considering Assembly, but said that Orpheus wants to open a “production facility” in the next two years.

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 11:44 AM

Is the Park at PCE/Dunwoody city hall redevelopment different than what we've discussed for projects in the area already? i haven't been following developments around here too closely.

"Todd Williams of Grubb Properties said plans in the works include keeping the City Hall building and the office building adjacent to it as office buildings with retail on the ground floor. Plans also include demolishing the building closest to I-285 to build two 14-story residential towers as well as another office tower.

Williams said there would be roughly 1,000 housing units and a total of some 500,000 to 600,000 square feet of office space. Williams also said plans are to have 75 percent of the residential units be owner-occupied and the remaining 25 percent be rental units, at about 650 square feet."

http://www.reporternewspapers.net/20...redevelopment/

Old Posted May 11, 2017, 11:18 AM

Chamblee MARTA station TOD breaks ground

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...derway-at.html
Quote:
Parkside Partners, under the leadership of Kyle Jenks, is developing an office building with 80,000 square feet of office space and 13,000 square feet of retail. The first phase will house the headquarters of Pattillo Industrial Real Estate, and it is expected to open in May, 2018. The project is known as Trackside.

Old Posted May 12, 2017, 2:35 PM

Kinda ironic Pattillo chose a transit oriented building for their company HQ, isn't it?

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted May 12, 2017, 3:17 PM

The Chamblee MARTA station area has a lot of potential. Unfortunately some of the immediate area is a pedestrian no-go zone (with the airport, high-speed traffic, no trees, etc), but all of the new housing and retail in the area is helping. "Downtown" Chamblee just down the street has a new crop of recent restaurants and retail. And now there's this infusion of office space. If only MARTA would redevelop the huge parking lot they own next to the station. It's heavily used, but they could build a deck incorporated into a new development.

Old Posted May 23, 2017, 5:01 PM

Terwilliger Pappas breaking ground on Solis Decatur

Quote:
Class-A, 4-story, 290-unit apartment development with 20K SF of ground-floor retail.

The site is part of an overall mixed-use development with 89K SF of retail space featuring a 365 Whole Foods Market, and will have access to more than 200K SF of retail within walking distance.

http://www.terwilligerpappas.com/com...solis-decatur/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta