HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 1:29 AM

I believe Dicks Sporting Goods will be coming to the same development as Cabelas Outpost, southeast corner of Sunnyside and Hitt Road.

Forgot to mention, it will be larger than the mini-Cabelas.

Last edited by UTvision; Mar 20, 2014 at 1:51 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 1:50 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTvision View Post
I believe Dicks Sporting Goods will be coming to the same development as Cabelas Outpost, southeast corner of Sunnyside and Hitt Road.
That would make sense. Any word on a grocery store?

Will Ammon have to extend that road all the way to Hitt first?

It seems to me Mayor Kirkham and Mayor Casper can understand the concept of working together so all benefit more than previous leaders.

I still think we'll see a Del Taco around sometime soon. And so many would love a Cracker Barrell in Idaho Falls.

Thanks UTvision.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 2:16 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseAirport View Post
Great news for Idaho Falls!

Beginning June 13th, Frontier Airlines will fly a new nonstop flight from Idaho Falls to Denver. The flight will be operated 3x weekly on Mo-Wed-Fri from IDA, and Su-Tu-Thu from DEN.

F9 Flight 446, IDA-DEN
Departs 0635, Arrives at 0757

F9 Flight 447, DEN-IDA
Departs 2120, Arrives at 2244

Flights will be operated with the Airbus A319.

I think this will be popular with those wanting to visit Yellowstone, The Tetons and/or Jackson Hole but are on a budget or have kids.

I think this is a winner for both BYU-Idaho and ISU students too. Many currently dry to SLC for Southwest or other cheaper flights. Fares have come down every city that United and Frontier both fly direct flights.

Lots going at IFRA.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2014, 11:21 PM
World Traveler

2013 Census results for metros & counties came out recently...

Idaho Falls' CSA (combined statistical area) had a population of 232,740 as of 7/1/2013 (Bonneville, Butte, Jefferson, Bingham, Fremont, and Madison counties)

Idaho Falls' MSA (metropolitan statistical area) had a population of 137,073 as of 7/1/2013 (Bonneville, Butte, and Jefferson counties)

Bonneville County-107,517
Jefferson County-26,914
Butte County-2,642
Spokane, WA-Cd'A, ID CSA....785,302

Old Posted Mar 28, 2014, 8:36 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimthemanincda View Post

Idaho Falls' CSA (combined statistical area) had a population of 232,740 as of 7/1/2013 (Bonneville, Butte, Jefferson, Bingham, Fremont, and Madison counties)

Idaho Falls' MSA (metropolitan statistical area) had a population of 137,073 as of 7/1/2013 (Bonneville, Butte, and Jefferson counties)

Jefferson County-26,914
Butte County-2,642
I just saw a little bit about this. Thanks, Jim

Old Posted Apr 1, 2014, 3:28 AM
Honored Member

Butte County

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimthemanincda View Post

Jefferson County-26,914
Butte County-2,642
What is interesting about these numbers is the loss of population in Butte County. When I scanned the numbers for various counties, Butte Co. Had one of the highest loss of residents of the counties on 07/01/2013.

Unless INL secures business from either the private sector, like the work ongoing with Bill Gates and others, and/or various government agencies, I am concerned about how Butte County will economically survive.

Sometimes it's easy to assume there wasn't as much growth in the cities, which is true for Pocatello. However, in Idaho Falls, both the MSA and CSA include the loss of Butte County residents.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2014, 7:18 PM
Honored Member

Home 2 Suites Extended Stay planned for Snake River Landing

While tweaks are being made, the name of the first hotel cor Snake River Landing is out. It will be a Home. 2 Suites Extended Hotel, the 4th Hilton - Ball Ventures Hotel in Idaho Falls.

SRL originally planned for four hotels essentially around the Event Center. I'm confident this hotel will be maintained as well as all Ball Ventures properties.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2014, 6:54 AM
Always running Late

I really feel like it's only a matter of time and Madison County will be included in IF Metro population..what is it? 20 miles between rexburg and Idaho falls?

Old Posted Apr 16, 2014, 3:18 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiseguy View Post
I really feel like it's only a matter of time and Madison County will be included in IF Metro population..what is it? 20 miles between rexburg and Idaho falls?
Depends on who is driving More and more students and faculty are living in Bonneville County and commuting.

Also, BYU-Idaho is starting its first Masters program working with U. of Idaho. I'd like to see more higher ed programs in Idaho.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2014, 4:22 PM
The Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2I.F. View Post
Depends on who is driving More and more students and faculty are living in Bonneville County and commuting.

Also, BYU-Idaho is starting its first Masters program working with U. of Idaho. I'd like to see more higher ed programs in Idaho.
I think some of those willing to commute from IF to Rexburg for work and school is due to what IF offers over Rexburg. IF has a lot more retail and other services. But as Rexburg continues to grow the demand for services that IF has will grow and in time Rexburg will get those built there. For a town of about 30,000 students and residents and growing I was surprised at how little Rexburg had in the way of retail options. I am sure that over the next 10 years that will begin to change since the school will only continue to grow. Yes there will still be those willing to do the commute but not enough for it to be added into Idaho Falls MSA.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2014, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
For a town of about 30,000 students and residents and growing I was surprised at how little Rexburg had in the way of retail options.
Archer's not far to quench your taste for a Big Judd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Eastern Idaho

Last edited by AllOutOfBubbleGum; Apr 16, 2014 at 10:44 PM.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2014, 10:04 PM

It seems all of Rexburg and BYUI think that if they want to go anywhere to eat out, see a movie, or go shopping, that they need and want to go to Idaho Falls. I know there have been lots of places go out of business because they hoped to be able to attract the population that's there. I can only think of maybe 6 sit-down restaurants in town if you include Pizza Pie Cafe and Big Judd's. I grew up about 20 minutes from either IF or Rexburg and we didn't go to Rexburg for anything.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2014, 11:59 PM

At the end of the day, Rexburg is a college town. More than half of the population attends BYU-I. I assume there aren't many retail options there because students tend to not have much expendable income. Also, a city twice its size is 20 minutes south.

As time moves forward, I can see Madison County being added to the Idaho Falls MSA.

Last edited by GrandTeton; Apr 17, 2014 at 12:09 AM. Reason: a word.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2014, 8:45 PM

What would it take for Madison County to be added? Doesn't it have to do with a certain percentage of the population that commutes for work, or something like that?

Old Posted Apr 19, 2014, 3:04 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTeton View Post
At the end of the day, Rexburg is a college town. More than half of the population attends BYU-I. I assume there aren't many retail options there because students tend to not have much expendable income. Also, a city twice its size is 20 minutes south.

As time moves forward, I can see Madison County being added to the Idaho Falls MSA.
I agree. Plus there isn't the airport and other infrastructure in Madison County like Idaho Falls.

Someone here may know far more about two specific Rexburg questions than I. K-Mart announced their closure. A Super Walmart almost in Sugar City is planned. My question is how many or what percentage of Madison County businesses go out of business yearly?

I agree it's a college town. I wasn't under the impression enrollment would be limitless. But, I could be wrong. Does anyone have info about whether enrollment will cap? Thanks.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2014, 3:15 AM
Honored Member

INL Hiring for Scientific Jobs

Yesterday, the Post Register explained about additional hiring INL will be doing. This is great news as these are professional jobs in Nuclear, renewable energy and Homeland Security work that are growing current projects. I guess the Cyber -Security work is probably under Homeland Security, but I could be wrong.

More than 100 employees have been added since 1/1/2014. About 200 more are expected before 12/31/2014. This is the first year hiring has occurred through BEA. Collaborations with private business continue. Bill Gates' company working with INL had a conference in Idaho Falls today (or possibly tomorrow).

Besides your favorite news sources, remember INL.Gov to stay informed.

Old Posted May 3, 2014, 10:23 PM
Honored Member

Energy Innovation Center Open

Here's a link to the newly open Energy Innovation Center. Instead of expanding non radioactive labs and space at INL with the commute to the desert, this series of buildings is in Idaho Falls. Room to expand and right by University Place.

http://earthfix.opb.org/energy/artic...ns-in-e-idaho/

Plus what The Statesman Released: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/0...dedicated.html

Old Posted May 13, 2014, 12:17 AM
Honored Member

Camping World to Idaho Falls

A developer from Eagle is completing the zoning changes and other paperwork hoops to Develop property for Camping World. This will be the only non-Boise area Camping World in ID (so far).

I like having Boise developers starting to work in the Idaho Falls area again. I'm a major supporter of Ball Ventures and all the companies they work with building hotels, commercial and office buildings and more in Idaho Falls. Most of you know everything from Costco to the new hotels in Pocatello were all Ball Ventures sometimes alone, sometimes working with other.

I have nothing but respect for Ball Ventures and their business partners. I'm simply saying it's great to have Wadsworth enter the Idaho Falls market with a vreat new Starbucks on 17th. I believe Ball Ventures may have had a smaller roll in that, but Wadsworth has essentially restructured so they are not doing remodels and fill in as much to new property development.

Hawkins developed so much of the major properties going strong and creating traffic jams on S. Hitt Road.

I simply think it is good for a city to have multiple developers with the magic sound of building.....

Old Posted May 13, 2014, 12:25 AM
Honored Member

Trying to find IBEW Member

I am seeking someone who is an IBEW Member to confirm a project. This is big for the state, if true.

If you are an IBEW member and willing to confirm something I was told was in the last newsletter, please send me a PM with IBEW as the subject. All information is strictly confidential.

Thanks

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 7:33 PM
World Traveler

2013 Census results for cities came out today. Here's the population of some Eastern Idaho cities.

Idaho Falls 58,292 (2.60% growth since 2010)
Ammon 14,460 (4.66%)
Rexburg 26,520 (4.07%)
Pocatello 54,350 (.18%)
Chubbuck 14,125 (1.46%)
Blackfoot 11,854 (0.0%)
Spokane, WA-Cd'A, ID CSA....785,302

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West