HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Family Court Building in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 22, 2012, 1:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
Sorry, I have to agree. Not sure what Summer is so excited about. I like your enthusiasm Summer but being a high rise and replacing a parking lot can't be the only criteria for measuring development.

The building is a squat ugly box and a sad excuse for a courthouse (but still not as bad as the federal courthouse on 7th). Worse, like Philaw said, it will be a magnet for the lowest life forms. If you read the papers you know what Philly's finest kids are capable of (only in Philly is the term flashmob a negative connotation). And if you've ever walked by the Municipal Court (Broad and Arch) you might have an idea of what is to come.

Who's brilliant idea was to increase the concentration of losers in this area, which will surely make Love Park, Le Meridien Hotel (over/under until they close?), and the new Dilworth Plaza even less welcoming. They may have to open a second McDonalds.
Not to excuse the behavior or in any way indicate that this absolves Philly of its many troubles (flash mobs included) but the suggestion that its a phenomenon we alone experience isn't correct:

Chicago Police Brace for 'Flash Mob' Attacks

As for the courthouse, yes, the crowd that will be attracted there is unfortunate – shoot over to the current family court at 11th bt chestnut and market to see just how much. Perhaps the silver lining is that its drag on that portion of Market East will be displaced and the court at 18th and vine, which is a beautiful building, will be repurposed to show off just how nice the inside and outside is at the base of the parkway.

Or perhaps I'm trying to polish a turd. No stopping it now!

Edit to add: PS, I love Chicago, so for those Chicagoans, this isn't a knock, just a contextual reference

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive