HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Apr 19, 2013, 11:38 AM

Looks like 1111 Austin Hwy will have some company nearby.

Quote:
Developer Phil Bakke to build ‘urban-style’ complex

Urban Crest will span a total of 185,000 square feet over 5.6 acres of land at 3819 Harry Wurzbach. Plans call for 208 apartment units — ...

The units will be spread out over two, four-story buildings that will face each other, explains Jerry Lammers, a principal with locally based Alamo Architects, which has been hired to design Urban Cres

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantoni...-to-build.html

Old Posted Apr 19, 2013, 3:08 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

I was wondering what was going to replace that horrible old rundown apartment complex they demolished at that site last year.

Old Posted May 13, 2013, 11:30 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

USAA announces new La Cantera master-planned office development, WestRidge.

Quote:
WestRidge, a new, master-planned office development led by Patrinely Group, is located on La Cantera Parkway. The 42-acre property is planned for four office buildings, each consisting of approximately 128,700 square feet of Class A office space. WestRidge One will be the first 4-story office building proposed, with construction slated to begin 4(th) quarter 2013. The building is designed for LEED Silver certification.

Old Posted May 15, 2013, 6:15 PM

More development coming around I-10 & 1604. A little light on the details, but...

Quote:
More student housing to land near UTSA
By Jennifer R. Lloyd, Staff writer

The developer, NRP Group LLC, plans to finish the $32 million complex before the fall 2014 semester, according to a news release. It will include 212 units with 668 beds on a 15-acre site on the north side of UTSA Boulevard.

Read more: http://goo.gl/YllQA
NRP seems to have taken a big interest in SA as this is their 6th project in the last 2 years.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2013, 3:27 AM

Rendering of the new North Park Lexus of Dominion dealership under construction at I-1O and Milsa Drive.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2013, 5:04 AM

Looks nice.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2013, 2:17 PM

Some photos of the apartments at La Cantera. I wonder if the parking lot between the mall and the apartments will eventually be turned into another building.

Peaking out along the street of Phase 2.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2013, 12:11 AM

More office space for the la cantera area

http://www.westridgeatlacantera.com/

Map http://www.lacantera.com/map.html

Last edited by Daren; Jul 6, 2013 at 12:28 AM.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2013, 3:09 AM
Paradise

Anyone seen or heard of this?

Quote:
Paradise Development Partners began the development of an approximate 4.28 acre multi-family site in San Antonio, Texas in late 2012. In the Spring of 2013 construction began on Alamo Heights Apartment Homes, a proposed 107-unit Class A luxury apartment development located 5 miles northeast to the downtown central core. The project will consist of three institutional quality, 3 story buildings with private garages and an impressive amenity package superior to surrounding competition.

The site is strategically located just south of Austin Highway and Vandiver Road, adjacent to the highly sought-after area of Alamo Heights to the west and Terrell Hills to the south. Both neighborhoods yield some of the strongest demographics in San Antonio with average household incomes and home prices averaging approximately $120,000 and $530,000, respectively. While located in the City of San Antonio, the site is within the highly acclaimed Alamo Heights School district. The site presents a compelling marketing opportunity given its irreplaceable infill location and unique urban design to accommodate the growing demand of end users in the market looking for urban, infill product close to the downtown core, nearby job centers, universities, and entertainment drivers. Additionally, the Project benefits from recent substantial capital investment and revitalization efforts, which has transformed the immediate area along Austin Highway into a high-traffic retail corridor. This small boutique project with Mediterranean architecture and lush landscaping will create a unique sense of community within the complex itself, while continuing to feed off the prospering, ensuring a continual supply of future residents.
http://www.paradisedevelopmentpartne...ject/vandiver/

The project is called Vanidver. If it is actually getting built I did not notice. I guess it goes along with the Austin Highway revitalization.

Those apartments at La Cantera are looking nice also.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2013, 6:38 AM

Quote:
Nearly two years after I first reported that Victory Healthcare planned to develop a new hospital in northwest San Antonio, the company is ready to open its doors to that new facility.

Victory Healthcare has set July 31 as the date for the grand opening of its new Victory Medical Center Landmark campus.

The specialized surgical hospital is located near the intersection of Loop 1604 and Vance Jackson Road. The hospital will house 25 oversized patient suites with concierge services, six over-sized surgical suites and three special-procedure rooms.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice93 View Post
Anyone seen or heard of this?

http://www.paradisedevelopmentpartne...ject/vandiver/

The project is called Vanidver. If it is actually getting built I did not notice. I guess it goes along with the Austin Highway revitalization.
Drove through the area and I'm guessing it is this undeveloped lot on Vandiver which happens to be 4.28 acres.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 9:41 PM

I also snapped a few shots of 1111 Austin Highway.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2013, 1:04 PM

New development at Loop 410 and West Ave.

Koontz McCombs is developing a 12.15 acre piece of vacant property in Castle Hills near 410 and West Ave. The land is prime frontage road and has been vacant for as long as I can remember. Currently, a 2-story building is under construction which will be the new headquarters of Pape Dawson. Once this construction is complete (approx. 8 more months) they will start construction on the adjacent building; a 3-story building for Bank of San Antonio.

Images and Information courtesy of City of Castle Hills City Council http://www.cityofcastlehills.com/Doc...BsnA.9_Web.pdf

Last edited by sirkingwilliam; Sep 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM. Reason: Reduced the size of the pictures.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2013, 5:54 AM

Land clearing on 1604 and Babcock. Any ideas

Old Posted Sep 14, 2013, 3:27 PM

I've seen them working on that 410 site for a month or two. I was hoping they were going to build something in the 10 stories range. Woulda been nice to add
To the buildings around 410 in that area already.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2013, 12:11 AM

950 class A apartments to be built on 20-acres at the southeast corner of 1604/10.

As the article states, this will be part of the overall Landmark development and 5-acres of the 25-acres sold will be used for a medical office building.

Quote:
The units in phase one would range in size from 479 to 1,350 square feet. Rents will range from $800 to $1,750 a month.
That's a lot of units on just 20-acres.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2013, 4:32 AM

2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2013, 5:52 AM

This was also on that site.

Ladera - 1,125-acre master planned community.

http://www.cldc.com/investment-portf...opment/ladera/

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 1:36 PM

Paul In SA TX, I love all the mid and high rise development in the background of this rendering. Really has a "we are going for as accurate of a setting as possible" feel to it, doesn't it? haha

Sonterrra Blvd. is full of 20 story buildings. I'll never understand why developers do this.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreininger View Post
Paul In SA TX, I love all the mid and high rise development in the background of this rendering. Really has a "we are going for as accurate of a setting as possible" feel to it, doesn't it? haha

Sonterrra Blvd. is full of 20 story buildings. I'll never understand why developers do this.

The only high rise in the immediate vicinty is the Tesoro HQ and a few midrise extended stay hotels and hospitals but nothing like in the rendering.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Last edited by Paul in S.A TX; Sep 16, 2013 at 8:29 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio