HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Toronto

Old Posted Apr 30, 2014, 6:03 AM
BANNED

3 letters: TOD - Transit Oriented Development.

If they build high density residences near existing and future transit corridors, then, the cost of those lines become worth it.

In a way, it is a way to reduce the urban sprawl. Without it, there would be much more development in the suburbs.

Old Posted May 1, 2014, 6:34 AM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trofirhen View Post
But from what I see in future planned renders, Toronto seems intoxicated with height and design daring that goes to the limits. I think I'm thinking of the Theatre District in this case.
Design daring and height are the 2 qualities Toronto is lacking imo. It's quantity and common place design that rules the day here. Those Mirvish-Gehry triplets represent the first experimentation with something truly special. We need a lot more of that, not less of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trofirhen View Post
Love Toronto, want to see it get ever better, but please don't overdo it, is really what I'm saying.
Perhaps those in search of a toned down city can move to Vancouver while Toronto can get on with the job of morphing into a mega city. Can we not have one place in this big country that's a sensory overload bursting at the seams with life and energy? Let the metropolis be a metropolis.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Toronto