HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Mar 4, 2015, 1:55 PM

Any information or word for 98 14 Street project? I'm so long for something taller than 20-30 stories to break ground.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2015, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
Any information or word for 98 14 Street project? I'm so long for something taller than 20-30 stories to break ground.
That project has gone completely quiet since the big announcement last year.

I have to admit, I too would love to see something get built outside of this 20-25 story rectangular residential mold. Especially south of 10th street. Everything in that's getting built in that area is going to be practically the same height.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2015, 7:33 PM

The house on the southeast corner of Juniper and 6th has been demolished. It was a beautiful house. Is this part of the Broadstone Terraces development?

Old Posted Mar 10, 2015, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWatl View Post
The house on the southeast corner of Juniper and 6th has been demolished. It was a beautiful house. Is this part of the Broadstone Terraces development?
Yes that's the one. I didn't think they had their land development permit approved yet but it looks like the project is starting.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2015, 4:12 AM

Added a higher resolution rendering of Eviva Peachtree. I REALLY hope this one gets built.
(click)

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Mar 27, 2015 at 5:08 PM.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2015, 2:40 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Added a higher resolution rendering of Eviva Peachtree. I REALLY hope this one gets built.
(click)
From I hear all signs for this are looking good. Anyone have a general idea of when this would break ground? This is my favorite project in a looong time!

Old Posted Mar 16, 2015, 2:42 PM
i ain't no bubba

It's really unfortunate the construction of Broadstone Terraces (Juniper btwn 5 & 6) required the destruction of 821 Juniper.

It was a stunning yellow and white 2-story home with fantastic architectural details. Many in Atlanta wonder why people say this city has no personality. It's partly due to structures like this being wrenched down for non-descript new construction. I understand progress, it's just depressing to see such a beautiful building bite the dust.

Google-map link:
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.7769...nQNfeSmzJw!2e0

Old Posted Mar 16, 2015, 6:03 PM

[QUOTE=(four 0 four);6952299]It's really unfortunate the construction of Broadstone Terraces (Juniper btwn 5 & 6) required the destruction of 821 Juniper.

It was a stunning yellow and white 2-story home with fantastic architectural details. Many in Atlanta wonder why people say this city has no personality. It's partly due to structures like this being wrenched down for non-descript new construction. I understand progress, it's just depressing to see such a beautiful building bite the dust.

Yes, a little sad, particularly when the really unattractive houses across the street from this gem are really not worthy of any preservation. Still, there is a lot left of these types of houses, particularly on Piedmont and of course in Inman Park. For me, I sort of hate tearing down any worthy building when there are so many empty lots and parking lots still around for new construction.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2015, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (four 0 four) View Post
It's really unfortunate the construction of Broadstone Terraces (Juniper btwn 5 & 6) required the destruction of 821 Juniper.

Google-map link:
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.7769...nQNfeSmzJw!2e0
i was very disappointed with that. i was sure they were going to move it. there is no way that house should've been torn down.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2015, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
From I hear all signs for this are looking good. Anyone have a general idea of when this would break ground? This is my favorite project in a looong time!
I just looked at the LD permit application for 811 Peachtree and they are now only lacking approval of the Zoning Review section of the permit. If the project is all set to go once its approved, it should move forward pretty soon.

And if the speed at which they are getting through permitting is any indication, the developers of both Post Millennium and Modera Midtown seem to be very serious about moving forward with those projects. Both LD permits were filed two months ago and are farther along than the Amli Midtown project which was filed in early December.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Mar 18, 2015 at 9:37 AM.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2015, 5:09 PM

Quote:
According to rumor, this project is being redesigned due to a dispute with the neighboring property. The positive part of this is that they will likely have to increase the height of the building, possibly nine floors.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Apr 1, 2015 at 8:56 PM.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2015, 8:57 PM

I updated Eviva to its new height of 45 stories which is according someone with knowledge of the project.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2015, 6:29 PM

45 stories is pretty epic for this thing.. i hope it keeps the current look. for perspective on how tall 45 stories is.. look at The Atlantic in Atlantic Station ( 46 floors residential ). it will be about that tall most likely.. maybe a bit shorter.. but the location in midtown means it will create a new peak between the taller buildings around 14th st and the AT&T and Bank of America Buildings around Ponce/North Ave.. which is awesome. it will be a good deal taller than Viewpoint

Old Posted Apr 2, 2015, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forj View Post
45 stories is pretty epic for this thing.. i hope it keeps the current look. for perspective on how tall 45 stories is.. look at The Atlantic in Atlantic Station ( 46 floors residential ). it will be about that tall most likely.. maybe a bit shorter.. but the location in midtown means it will create a new peak between the taller buildings around 14th st and the AT&T and Bank of America Buildings around Ponce/North Ave.. which is awesome. it will be a good deal taller than Viewpoint
Exactly ! I was recently lamenting the fact that there were no peaks in the skyline in that part of the city. This will remedy that in what I think will be a beautiful building.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2015, 6:08 PM

Here's a proposed downtown development: 222 Mitchell St.

http://www.pollockcommercial.com/web...22Mitchell.pdf

Old Posted Apr 8, 2015, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUrbanist90 View Post
Here's a proposed downtown development: 222 Mitchell St.

http://www.pollockcommercial.com/web...22Mitchell.pdf
that isn't active yet, right? i thought they were still looking for a buyer/developer.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2015, 8:40 PM

This development was issued land dev. permit so it is likely to start construction soon:

http://npufatlanta.org/Z-14-028-2.pdf

It is at 2067 Manchester St. NE which on google maps looks like an odd place for a townhome development, it looks industrial/commercial around the area.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/20...eef04dfaf42afd

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 2:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
This development was issued land dev. permit so it is likely to start construction soon:

http://npufatlanta.org/Z-14-028-2.pdf

It is at 2067 Manchester St. NE which on google maps looks like an odd place for a townhome development, it looks industrial/commercial around the area.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/20...eef04dfaf42afd
Not really odd. The entire area is about to go residential.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

Old Posted Apr 24, 2015, 11:34 AM

It looks like demo/site prep might be happening or starting soon at the Azure site. Buildings at corner of 11th & Piedmont have all been torn down

Old Posted Apr 24, 2015, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcarrington View Post
It looks like demo/site prep might be happening or starting soon at the Azure site. Buildings at corner of 11th & Piedmont have all been torn down
Its most likely just demo at this point. I don't believe their land disturbance permit is approved yet.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta