HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 1:00 AM

I appreciate all of the photos, so I don't want to complain, but I think breaking it up will help. I know sometimes I miss things that were posted just because the page gets so long. Maybe if it's possible, using smaller image sizes would also help.

On another note, on your blog tennis, there are some photos of a five story concrete building with blue tarp. Is that the WWII museum garage? I was trying to figure out where that is.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 1:25 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
I appreciate all of the photos, so I don't want to complain, but I think breaking it up will help. I know sometimes I miss things that were posted just because the page gets so long. Maybe if it's possible, using smaller image sizes would also help.

On another note, on your blog tennis, there are some photos of a five story concrete building with blue tarp. Is that the WWII museum garage? I was trying to figure out where that is.
I have no control over the size of the images... tumblr sizes them.

And yes thats the DDAy Garage.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 5:30 AM

The hotel project where Stone Pigman Law Firm is located begs the question...will the law firm relocate to one of the surrounding office towers or build a new building? Law firms tend to use quite a bit of office space.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 5:18 PM

They relocated into one of the buildings on Poydras. This project and the Reilly Foods redevelopment have resulted in a quick absorption of a lot of Class A space recently.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 5:49 PM

RTA approves routes for new North Rampart streetcar, area bus lines

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...be7478f4e.html

A big win for transit in the CBD/FG/Treme area. We will now have a one-seat option from the Union Passenger Terminal to Elysian Fields. The Freret and MLK lines will continue on to Canal St. instead of terminating at the UPT. The St. Claude and Esplanade routes will continue to roll alongside the new streetcar and other routes will see improved schedules and increased frequency.

This should make the areas along Loyola and Rampart much more attractive, especially for residential and commercial development.

It's also great to see more office space being absorbed into the market. Maybe we'll finally see new office construction. I've always thought that the lower part of the Plaza Tower could return to office use, as it is probably to large of a floor area for residential. The upper floors would be perfect for apartments.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 7:35 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...be7478f4e.html

A big win for transit in the CBD/FG/Treme area. We will now have a one-seat option from the Union Passenger Terminal to Elysian Fields. The Freret and MLK lines will continue on to Canal St. instead of terminating at the UPT. The St. Claude and Esplanade routes will continue to roll alongside the new streetcar and other routes will see improved schedules and increased frequency.

This should make the areas along Loyola and Rampart much more attractive, especially for residential and commercial development.

It's also great to see more office space being absorbed into the market. Maybe we'll finally see new office construction. I've always thought that the lower part of the Plaza Tower could return to office use, as it is probably to large of a floor area for residential. The upper floors would be perfect for apartments.

Im happy to see the buses will still go along rampart too. I hate when they scratch buses just because theres a streetcar. Its a good balance to have.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 8:20 PM
NOLA Razorback

Rampart

Noticed on the MLS this building on Rampart that's for sale with a pretty modern design proposed. Anyone seen any permits for it? http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...6-17067#photo0

Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 9:06 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslonaker View Post
Noticed on the MLS this building on Rampart that's for sale with a pretty modern design proposed. Anyone seen any permits for it? http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...6-17067#photo0
First I'm seeing of this ! Project shows that's it's vcc approved so that's a big deal. Looks ok I guess ... Not sure it blends in that well with rest of French quarter but it's better than what's there

Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 11:50 PM

Superdome

Sneak peek: New Orleans Saints to debut 'largest of their kind' video boards Friday
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...incart_gallery
Video Link

Old Posted Aug 25, 2016, 12:23 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by typo86 View Post
Sneak peek: New Orleans Saints to debut 'largest of their kind' video boards Friday
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...incart_gallery
Video Link

Boards look great .. lets hope team came be at least decent this season

Old Posted Aug 26, 2016, 12:35 PM

Regarding the pictures, this forum always shows the same number of posts per page (default is 20), so yes, if you broke it up into multiple posts, the page length would decrease. You can change the posts per page # under user cp-> edit options-> thread display options->number of posts to show per page

Old Posted Aug 26, 2016, 3:30 PM

Bywater Navy Base Redevelopment Moving Forward:
http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...19bf5ee1c.html

Redevelopment of 400-unit apartment complex in New Orleans East Moves Forward as Funding Obtained:
http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...rt_river_index

Old Posted Aug 27, 2016, 1:10 AM

Domains Market

Potential new high-rise at Girod and S Rampart.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2016, 1:59 AM

Nice! It's about time we see some proper high-rise construction. It's not like the real estate market is cooling any time soon.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2016, 2:24 PM
NOLA Razorback

South Market

This looks fantastic!! Where did you find it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
Domains Market

Potential new high-rise at Girod and S Rampart.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2016, 4:44 PM

Very nice. Looks to be around 25 floors tall.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2016, 4:59 PM
-

Yes love it. Like the name too. Domains Market. Thanks for finding these and posting them. Is this another Morris Adjmi design?

Old Posted Aug 27, 2016, 5:05 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
Regarding the pictures, this forum always shows the same number of posts per page (default is 20), so yes, if you broke it up into multiple posts, the page length would decrease. You can change the posts per page # under user cp-> edit options-> thread display options->number of posts to show per page
Thanks .. Im going to try and get in habit of posting less per post. Seems best answer for everyone.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2016, 6:24 PM
TL;DR

Doesn't look like Morris Adjmi. Probably just the local guys at EDR.

This is probably one of the best high rise designs I've seen for NOLA in the last decade, but there's a few things off about it. I wish the parking deck wasn't such a basic box. Would be nice to squeeze the parking to the side a little more and extend the tower down to the ground.

Not sure "Domains Market" is the name of the tower. That seems more like generic signage to suggest a retail tenant. The tower will probably have a different name.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2016, 6:50 PM

Architect is Humphrey and Partners out of Dallas. That's the only other info I know about the project at the moment.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations