HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Mar 27, 2019, 4:42 AM
World Traveler

Bumping this out of curiosity. Any photos or renderings of what the addition will look like? I can't find anything online.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2019, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
Bumping this out of curiosity. Any photos or renderings of what the addition will look like? I can't find anything online.
Nope I don't think so, which is really strange since it's already up to 5-6 levels now.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2019, 2:35 AM

There are three tower cranes currently working on the expansion. The new parking garage is 8-stories, and the rather large increase in office space is in an expansion of the current building(s). Since it's an addition to existing office space and is designed by the same architect, it will most likely be more of the same.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2019, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
There are three tower cranes currently working on the expansion. The new parking garage is 8-stories, and the rather large increase in office space is in an expansion of the current building(s). Since it's an addition to existing office space and is designed by the same architect, it will most likely be more of the same.
There's two cranes at Oracle. The third nearby is at Tinnin Ford and Lakeshore for new apartments I believe.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2019, 7:52 PM

Some Oracle pictures from today. https://imgur.com/a/ShXWYu3

And here's the other crane for the apartments next door.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2019, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith_atx View Post
There's two cranes at Oracle. The third nearby is at Tinnin Ford and Lakeshore for new apartments I believe.
That makes sense. I just see three cranes close together before crossing the river heading South on I35.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2019, 1:17 AM
World Traveler

Thanks for the photos! For such a relatively big expansion, it was strange that there was never a rendering or anything.

Also, in that last photo it seems that AMLI South Shore is adding some more units leading up to the water. The folks in that other building are probably sad to lose their view, but I presume that was a planned expansion, so ah well.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2019, 2:39 AM

Several 120' towers should be built just south of Oracle on Town Lake Circle, not related to Oracle. I think the Council has one more vote to approve with the two previous readings getting 10-1 approval.

Then there's all the Project Catalyst area that'll eventually turn into something big.

This is one of the most exciting areas of town, especially considering how chronically rundown it was for decades. A genuine transformation.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2019, 12:02 AM
Everywhere all at once

Those photos have me floored. When I moved into the neighborhood in 2014, the boardwalk has just opened. Other than the original phases of AMLI and South Shore District, there wasn't much else around, and those buildings still looked a bit out of place. A bit later on, Lakeshore Pearl and Azul were built, and when I left the area in 2016 the Oracle Campus had just been announced.

Everything else in those photos is new! Thinking of what's still to come.. mind = blown.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2019, 3:52 AM
World Traveler

I do think it's cool that they're keeping with the same basic shape to the new addition. I wish they built single, taller building, of course, but it's still a neat design.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2019, 1:59 PM

The Riverside Amli was a gem before they started Phase II. Right on the boardwalk with a giant lawn/hill under the sun with a few decent food trucks in the complex.

Old Posted May 16, 2019, 12:50 PM

According to the site plan, the new building should be 117 1/2 feet high when finished versus the other building which is 74 feet and 10 inches.

Old Posted May 16, 2019, 1:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumu View Post
According to the site plan, the new building should be 117 1/2 feet high when finished versus the other building which is 74 feet and 10 inches.
I saw finish out permits for the 8th floor and was surprised at the height compared to Phase I.

Old Posted May 30, 2019, 8:38 AM

Old Posted Aug 10, 2019, 3:28 PM

This is topped out now...the ceremonial tree was placed atop a week or two ago.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 5:45 PM

Oracle and AMLI South Shore. https://imgur.com/a/blIWaXn

Phase II of AMLI South Shore really does ruin the view for Phase I.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 6:36 PM

The Oracle campus is a disappointing design. It does not take advantage of the waterfront location, has low rise buildings, and could be a suburban office park anywhere in the country. Why did the Austin city council approve such a boring and un-urban development?

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 10:27 PM
Resident Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geographer View Post
The Oracle campus is a disappointing design. It does not take advantage of the waterfront location, has low rise buildings, and could be a suburban office park anywhere in the country. Why did the Austin city council approve such a boring and un-urban development?
10,000 jobs?

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
It has low-rise buildings because of the zoning - especially at the time it was approved. Blame the City for that. Also, the City Council would not have had any involvement in the design unless there was a zoning change request.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 11:50 PM

Quote:
It's built as close to the waterfront as reasonably possible.

The building under construction is almost 120 feet.

We all want higher and more density, but the City Council makes things 10x harder than they need to be.

Oracle has 2 or 3 more phases on this site, on land already purchased. The lot immediately south, the lot with all the concrete slabs (from a long demolished apartment complex), and one along Tinnin Ford across from the 4 story brownstone type residential buildings.. All these coming Oracle buildings are potentially 120 feet, maybe even 160 if more forward looking minds prevail.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin