HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 2:53 AM

New-ish rendering shows the jumbotron and Austin beating Dallas 3-0

Sauce: https://www.daktronics.com/news/Page...w-Stadium.aspx

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 4:59 PM
クラブトクヨ

The shade.... lol 3-0 over dallas

Last edited by clubtokyo; Aug 17, 2020 at 3:02 PM.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2020, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynmark View Post
It has been awhile since my husband (Mark) did his last drone flight over the MLS Stadium. Very nice progress has been made since the last flight! The drone flight was around 7:20 pm 6/25/2020.

Here is the link to the video/pictures arranged with folders by flight date:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmeEiheXNMgOgv6YBdKE1Y3jGkdrI6E
Cheers
---------------------
Updated with a drone flight from yesterday 8/16/2020 around 3pm in the afternoon. Again, very good progress is continuing on the stadium. Cheers

Link the same as noted last time:

Old Posted Aug 17, 2020, 2:01 PM

Quote:
---------------------
Updated with a drone flight from yesterday 8/16/2020 around 3pm in the afternoon. Again, very good progress is continuing on the stadium. Cheers

Thanks for posting! As always, these are great shots

Also I can't be the only one who gets a laugh every time I see the Pickle Research Campus Nazca Lines, right?

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 1:53 PM

Stadium’s topped out, per Austin FC’s Twitter account.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by We vs us View Post
Stadium’s topped out, per Austin FC’s Twitter account.
General seating season tickets are also sold out.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 2:06 PM

how would on procure opening day tix? has that announcement been made?

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
how would on procure opening day tix? has that announcement been made?
Season ticket allotments were roughly 75% of all general seating (that excludes premium and supporters sections), so there will still be plenty of single game tickets available, though I think some of those will first be made available to people on the season ticket waiting list.

Opening day might be hard to find at non-scalper prices but I think later in the season will be a lot easier.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 4:08 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsnail View Post
Season ticket allotments were roughly 75% of all general seating (that excludes premium and supporters sections), so there will still be plenty of single game tickets available, though I think some of those will first be made available to people on the season ticket waiting list.

Opening day might be hard to find at non-scalper prices but I think later in the season will be a lot easier.
That would leave only 5,125 seats available. And, if I'm remembering correctly, 1,000 of those must be reserved for youth teams (or something like that). That leaves 4,125 seats available to the general public. Those will get snatched up in minutes.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 7:32 PM
Resident Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
That would leave only 5,125 seats available. And, if I'm remembering correctly, 1,000 of those must be reserved for youth teams (or something like that). That leaves 4,125 seats available to the general public. Those will get snatched up in minutes.
I also assume there is a visitors section of at least a few hundred seats.

I will say, expect a lot of season ticket holders to sell single-game seats. My wife and I have two East club seats and because of work travel will almost certainly miss about 1/4th of games. The team has a good system in place for selling singles to make sure the stadium is actually full vs. UT who just prefers to get your money and let half the lower bowl of the FEC to be empty for all but the biggest games.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 9:16 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoOgE View Post
I also assume there is a visitors section of at least a few hundred seats.
Yes. I believe most (or all) of section 228 is reserved for away fans.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2020, 5:14 PM

Quote:
---------------------

Another drone flight was done yesterday Sunday, 9/6/2020 around 1:30pm. Link to pictures/video same as in quote above. Cheers!

Old Posted Sep 8, 2020, 12:19 AM

Anyone seen the video posted from near the roof of the FC stadium during a thunderstorm. All the rain water was funneling on the electrical panels. It was posted on a texas storm spotter page.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2020, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Another drone flight was done yesterday Sunday, 9/6/2020 around 1:30pm. Link to pictures/video same as in quote above. Cheers!
Great work capturing the stadium. Alot braver than I am getting close to those cranes. Thats a shot I want to get though.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2020, 2:10 PM

Quote:
The link now has the video/picture files for a drone run that was done last Sunday , 10/4/2020. Enjoy and Cheers everyone

Old Posted Oct 14, 2020, 10:06 PM

Green glass going in:

From facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AustinFC/ph...0508671976307/

Old Posted Oct 19, 2020, 4:17 PM

Grass should be going in the next couple weeks.

Also, Prop A would build a new train stop at the stadium. Vote YES.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 7:29 PM

There were a couple of semi-interesting tidbits about the stadium plans in the September 2020 NACA meeting minutes (as mentioned on the most recent Capital City Soccer Podcast). I highlighted the parts I found interesting in blue and put my own thoughts in red:

Quote:
The facility will have 800 parking spots on-site. The Austin FC management team continues to work closely with Capital Metro, because the best way for fans to get to and from the stadium will be through mass transit. I still think we're likely to see some form of game shuttle service from various locations (like Parmer) in addition to core service from CapMetro. I would also hope for some extra capacity around gametime on the Red Line and 803/3/383/392 Routes.

Stormwater management plans will be rolled-out and communicated to the community, in co-ordination with the city and civil engineers. Offsite stormwater will be routed through an on-site bio-filtration pond for water quality. The pond will allow for slower release than before the site was developed and should help with flood mitigation. That pond and the vault over the stadium (the what?) and other civil engineering aspects of the facility are designed to be more than adequate to withstand a 500-year storm event.

Neighborhood associations will also be in real-time communication with the stadium command center, so any issues can be addressed immediately. There will be signage to prohibit and discourage stadium spectators from using neighborhoods for parking, etc. Event schedules will be shared in advance as well. Austin FC is interested in making sure that the impact on neighborhoods is all positive. Discouraging people from parking in the neighborhoods is just a matter of putting a couple of posters out. Prohibiting on the other hand sounds like permit-only street parking

Although the loop of streets (Donnelly-Delta-Denton, near Metric by the KBVO TV station and across from 4th Tap Brewing Co-op) seems a good place for Uber drop-offs, but so far, there are concerns that it is too dangerous to cross the railroad tracks to the stadium grounds. As a result Capital Metro and Austin FC will probably be putting up fences to discourage that. Conversations are ongoing with Austin Transportation to make sure concerns like this are addressed. Austin FC wants to keep parking and other transportation issues like this as close to the site as possible to minimize the number of pedestrians on surrounding streets. In a perfect world, Prop A passes and this fencing is just temporary. Pedestrians would cross at the new Red Line station. If not, this is going to be a fairly awkward arrangement at D/D/D.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsnail View Post
There were a couple of semi-interesting tidbits about the stadium plans in the September 2020 NACA meeting minutes (as mentioned on the most recent Capital City Soccer Podcast). I highlighted the parts I found interesting in blue and put my own thoughts in red:
Great update. I love how the flood mitigation will actually be better than the original site despite all the nimby protests saying the opposite would happen.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 7:34 PM
Resident Moron

If I own those warehouses on the otherside of the tracks I am pushing for prop A so hard. It'll increase the property value super high due to transit access but also easy stadium access will open up tons of bar/restaurant sites.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin