HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, SkyscraperPage.com's forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web.  The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics.  SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 2:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILNY View Post
432 Park is already dominating but there is still 500ft left! Can't wait to see full height. Nice update NYCLuver.
In the words of Han Solo, "this is where the fun begins"

Watching this baby rise throughout the summer will be a treat!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 2:26 PM

There is a core jump in progress. This means concrete has been poured up to apparent level 58 at 899' and the forms now are up to start 59 at 914' 6''

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 2:58 PM

Have my eyes tricked me? I actually saw the core rise earlier. Now, it appears that they actually lowered the core form down to its previous level. It also appears that that either concrete is being poured into the core form, or perhaps the concrete lines are being grouted in preparation for column pours. A mistake?

Currently, the columns are being poured, so perhaps the core form was lowered was to allow the concrete placing boom to reach the column / perimeter beam forms.

Last edited by marcatio; Apr 22, 2014 at 3:55 PM. Reason: addition

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcatio View Post
Have my eyes tricked me? I actually saw the core rise earlier. Now, it appears that they actually lowered the core form down to its previous level. It also appears that that either concrete is being poured into the core form, or perhaps the concrete lines are being grouted in preparation for column pours. A mistake?

Currently, the columns are being poured, so perhaps the core form was lowered was to allow the concrete placing boom to reach the column / perimeter beam forms.
I was thinking the same thing.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:04 PM

The only problem I have with this building is that I'm afraid it (and other Central Park supertowers) will take attention away from the Empire State Building and Chrysler Building. Call me a NIMBY, but I think the Empire State should have the Empire State Building dominate. Even with this problem, I cant wait for all of the projects to be finished

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:41 PM

Outrigger walls

Every 12 floors there are 2 mechanical floors which serve triple purpose: 1) accommodate technical stuff; b) connect the building core to the perimeter columns through outrigger walls; c) let air pass through the building, thus minimizing vortex excitation.

While browsing the internet in search of technical data about this building I have not been able to find any floor plans or construction photos of these mechanical floors. I am specifically interested in the outrigger walls: how thick they are, where are they located in plan and how the outrigger walls are connected to perimeter columns. There are hints about the presence of outriggers, but I haven't found any drawings.

I am doing individual structural analysis on the building and would really appreciate some information about the mechanical floor plan.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanel View Post
Every 12 floors there are 2 mechanical floors which serve triple purpose: 1) accommodate technical stuff; b) connect the building core to the perimeter columns through outrigger walls; c) let air pass through the building, thus minimizing vortex excitation.

While browsing the internet in search of technical data about this building I have not been able to find any floor plans or construction photos of these mechanical floors. I am specifically interested in the outrigger walls: how thick they are, where are they located in plan and how the outrigger walls are connected to perimeter columns. There are hints about the presence of outriggers, but I haven't found any drawings.

I am doing individual structural analysis on the building and would really appreciate some information about the mechanical floor plan.

There are diagrams in the first 100 pages. I will post any I see that might help.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinko View Post
Must you bring the old WTC into EVERY thread? This tower is nothing like them in use, structure, architecture, anything, except that it happens to be a rectangle and is tall.

For those that haven't read the thread and keep asking the same question over and over again, here's how the architects are dealing with the wind:

Image posted by nyguy
Here is some info.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:26 PM

[/QUOTE]

This diagram will be useful soon to see the floors and elevations.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:22 PM

Here is one a mechanical floor being built out.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction