HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan

Taipei Twin Towers D1 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Taipei Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 6:06 AM

thanks for posting, williamchung_taiwan!

im not sure if I'm the only one thinking this, but I think this development has become increasingly disappointing in design. the original MRDV design was daring and special, and I was hopeful that it could usher a new style in architecture in taipei. i think the decision to switch designs and contractors was understandable, but the new design was a bit of a let down. they claim that the design was developed by architects, SOM (who designed the one WTC and other great projects), but I was pretty let down by the uninspiring design. at least the green-wall design was great and would look good. fast forward now, we end up with probably one of the boringest design in my opinion. i think this project had so much potential, but we ended up with two slabs of glass for the buildings.

sorry for this rant, I just feel frustrated about the changing design. tho, to be more optimistic, at least its getting built. PLEASE taoyuan terminal 3, don't change your design too much. the last thing we need is another terminal 2 design!!!! thanks for coming to my ted talk. Taiwan 加油

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 7:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch&Design View Post
thanks for posting, williamchung_taiwan!

im not sure if I'm the only one thinking this, but I think this development has become increasingly disappointing in design. the original MRDV design was daring and special, and I was hopeful that it could usher a new style in architecture in taipei. i think the decision to switch designs and contractors was understandable, but the new design was a bit of a let down. they claim that the design was developed by architects, SOM (who designed the one WTC and other great projects), but I was pretty let down by the uninspiring design. at least the green-wall design was great and would look good. fast forward now, we end up with probably one of the boringest design in my opinion. i think this project had so much potential, but we ended up with two slabs of glass for the buildings.

sorry for this rant, I just feel frustrated about the changing design. tho, to be more optimistic, at least its getting built. PLEASE taoyuan terminal 3, don't change your design too much. the last thing we need is another terminal 2 design!!!! thanks for coming to my ted talk. Taiwan 加油
The design is amended due to investor has to achieve land owner interest. The development is like joint venture which involve different stakeholders, include government, private land owner and actual investors. So investor change proposal to match their interest for example higher rental value and more floor area.

Last edited by williamchung taiwan; Jun 2, 2020 at 1:32 PM.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 11:32 AM

yes, u make a very good point.
however, I still think its a shame that good design is often sacrificed. its definitely logical, and im sure that the contractors and investors are trying to save money and maximize utility, but when this happens too much, all of our buildings will be simple glass and concrete slabs

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch&Design View Post
yes, u make a very good point.
however, I still think its a shame that good design is often sacrificed. its definitely logical, and im sure that the contractors and investors are trying to save money and maximize utility, but when this happens too much, all of our buildings will be simple glass and concrete slabs
I like previous proposal more, however due to complex of this development involved so many stakeholders, investor has to change it.

Original Design that never happen
Video Link

Old Posted Jun 3, 2020, 9:15 AM

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 2:42 AM

Old Posted Aug 17, 2020, 9:32 AM

The height of new proposal stay 360m and 280m

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 8:44 AM

Since Sixth Bid, SOM has revealed 3 different proposal.
1st Proposal
2018年台北雙子星競標 藍天宏匯集團設計方案 傍晚效果 by William Chung, 於 Flickr
2nd Proposal

3rd Proposal
台北雙子星藍天宏匯集團設計方案修正後第二版本-1 by William Chung, 於 Flickr

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 4:35 AM

Old Posted Dec 2, 2020, 9:13 AM

台北雙子星首度環評審查 委員憂恐成國際笑話擇期再審
2020-12-02 12:29 聯合報 / 記者林麗玉/台北即時報導
台北車站特定專用區C1/D1土地聯合開發案的首次環境影響評估審查,環評大會主席劉銘龍宣布,將由開發單位補件後擇期再審。記者林麗玉/攝影
台北車站特定專用區C1/D1土地聯合開發案的首次環境影響評估審查,環評大會主席劉銘龍宣布,將由開發單位補件後擇期再審。記者林麗玉/攝影

台北車站特定專用區C1/D1土地聯合開發案(雙子星聯開案)今天首次環評審查,由於雙子星將興建地上76層、61層兩棟超高大樓,周邊交通被視是環境影響的重中之重,目前捷運局已留設地下820席汽車、500席機車停車位,但開發單位仍規劃於地面四層增設上千席車位,遭委員打臉,「全世界沒看過在這麼精華、高地價地點設地面四層停車位,恐成國際笑話。」

今天的環評大會,因多位委員對建材、循環經濟、綠能、空汙防制、交通衝擊、節能減碳等規劃,仍有疑慮,台北車站特定專用區C1/D1土地聯合開發案的首次環境影響評估審查,環評大會主席劉銘龍宣布,將由開發單位補件後擇期再審。

延宕16年的台北車站特定專用區C1/D1土地聯合開發案,北市府與最優申請人藍天宏匯團隊於去年底簽約後,今天首度送環評大會審查,全案投資金額將高達606億元、總開發量體約16.6萬坪,預計2027年正式對外營運。

不過首度的環評大會,委員對於大樓循環經濟、綠能、節能減碳等規劃仍有意見,有委員提到,雙子星的量體將相當龐大,用的建材也相當多,應該基於循環經濟,部分比例採用回收建材,並納入循環經濟概念規劃;有委員認為,雙子星量體大,未來營運後,耗能也會相當大,相當於小電廠,目前規劃認購量偏低,建議認購綠能,非目前規劃的一百萬度,而是應該達到一定比例。

不過有委員更憂心雙子星的周邊交通。目前捷運工程局已在地下留設820席汽車停車位、500席機車位,但目前開發單位評估,既有留設汽機車位後,汽車仍不足898席至1351席;機車仍不足1828席至2503席,規劃地上層適度增設停車位,以滿足停車需求。

不過委員認為,開發單位應是在既有820汽車及500席機車位的條件下,用先進的共享等交通管理模式,有效規劃才對,否則目前的規劃將成國際笑話,另外,雙子星應該要能帶動鄭州路以北更新,並連結迪化街歷史建物活絡。外界對雙子星的期望,目前規劃並沒有感受到。

環評委員直言,雙子星應該是要帶動周邊是正面、非負面影響。但目前的交通規劃卻相當鬆散。

開發單位的交通顧問回應,規劃雙子星的停車數量時,已將TOD導向概念引進,若僅820席汽車、500席機車位,將是周邊估算停車需求的3折,擔心會有停車外溢問題,後續會再規劃研議,是否透過大樓承租者契約,採物業管理方式,用單雙號停車、或時段等來限制停車位需求。

https://udn.com/news/story/7323/5059936

Old Posted Dec 2, 2020, 9:26 AM

This first meeting of Comprehensive Planning Division (Department of Environment Protection of Taipei City Government) review Taipei Twin Towers Development today. The meeting discuss design issues to current proposal and ask addition information for next meeting. For me, the biggest problem is they add ground-floored car park inside building podium, and cause height of building podium over 48m. In the result, it violate condition of agreement sign with Taipei City Government. Under condition written in contract, developer is not allowed to propose podium over 48m height. In other words, building podium cannot be higher than Taipei Main Station.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 4:08 AM

Could you clarify which of the 3 previous designs you posted was chosen? Or is that still being worked out?

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 8:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by East District View Post
Could you clarify which of the 3 previous designs you posted was chosen? Or is that still being worked out?
The final confirmed proposal should wait after government approval process, that include assessing Environmental Impact, Heritage Protection and Urban Design.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2020, 2:47 PM

Old Posted Dec 17, 2020, 8:59 AM

Wow! So this design is now confirmed?

Old Posted Dec 23, 2020, 12:35 PM

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 7:00 AM

Yep, seems like they changed all website materials to this new rounded design.
Im just going to say how I feel - they say that SOM designed this, but it really doesnt feel that way. Either SOM was very very limited by design budget, or there was probably just one SOM architect in the room, but this does not seem up to par to their usual architecture designs.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2022, 12:46 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan