HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:19 PM
SD/OC

I really like the idea of a moving walkway (or possibly train) under the runway. A moving walkway means no waiting for trains. This assumes the engineering challenges could be overcome with moderate cost. People will be far more likely to utilize transit to the airport if there are fewer connections. I’m not sure the length of the longest moving walkways, but Atlanta and PHX are pretty darn long.

PS: The gondola is embarrassing and is not serious infrastructure. Another SD half-measure.

Old Posted Today, 2:36 AM

The fact the gondola idea is still being floated is ridiculous. It would make our city a joke. Gondolas are fine for people who want to take in the sights, but using that as transit to get to the airport? San Diegans are resistant to taking common forms of mass transit, who thinks they will hop on a gondola to go to the airport.

I think the most logical proposal is the Old Town grand central station with a connector to the airport. That idea seems the best not just for the airport, but for our entire transit system as a whole

Old Posted Today, 6:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eburress View Post
^^ Ooooh!
The pictures won’t load

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations