HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Today, 2:20 AM
德克萨斯人 y'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Matt View Post
We had to know Paris would top the poll. People are likely voting based on holiday travel and familiarity of the destination, not considering the viability or business decision behind it.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the results. Since Austin already has a Europe connection, I don't think Paris would be next (at least I hope not). That doesn't mean it wouldn't ever happen, of course...just not next. I would think Asia would be next because of the tech industry. Of all the options, Seoul or Tokyo are probably best...though I still prefer a China connection (selfishly).

Digatisdi, aside from your admittedly selfish reasons, haha, is there any reason to bring a South American city on as a direct connection? I'm not sure of business connections to the region from Austin in particular.

Old Posted Today, 5:15 AM

I know there's a few connections to Brazil (specifically São Paulo) with the Accenture branch here, but that's about all I know. Probably not enough to support a direct nonstop, although there's a relatively large Brazilian community here, but issues with Brazilian visa regulations would also hamper the route. It is such a hassle to get a tourist visa to Brazil.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin