HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Feb 8, 2024, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post
The heck is a red room? It seems to be more of a dance club than anything else
when I was in there for one drink, which cost $20 BTW, there were beds upstairs available for activities. use your imagination.

I haven't gone back, but I have heard from other people that this is the place to go for "the ladies."

I'm sure everything is now on the the up and up and the gentleman has applied for all permits required for the patio renovations he had done and so on.

Also, according to the google review I had seen, the cut up hot dog on noodles looked like a hit!

Old Posted Feb 20, 2024, 5:41 PM

The District Education Council meeting is tonight and on the agenda are discussions about the following new schools

8.2. New Shediac K-12
8.3. New Salisbury Elementary School
8.4. New Dieppe K-12 School
8.5. New West End Middle School

I have it on authority that for Shediac at least, they are in the process of finalizing the purchase of the land to build the school and will be voting on the proposed size of the school at this meeting. The size is supposed to be based on population estimates for 2034, but we will have to wait and see. This vote will determine the size and layout of the school. This means that an announcement could happen as soon as the purchase of the land is finalized, and will be made by the minister of Education.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2024, 5:44 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Thanks for the update.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2024, 1:19 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Proposal for a couple of two storey townhomes (18 units total) on Roy Mollins Drive:

https://plan360.ca/media-planning/me...rt-24-0011.pdf

Proposal for three small apartment buildings (36 units total) on Bellevue Heights Road:

https://plan360.ca/media-planning/me...rt-23-1392.pdf

The links include renders for these projects. Nothing special though.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2024, 12:27 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

New owners give Shediac drive-in major makeover
"It's going to be a brand new space," said Shediac Wonderland co-owner Sébastien Després.
Author of the article: Payge Woodard
Published Mar 11, 2024 • Last updated 6 hours ago • 2 minute read
https://tj.news/moncton-miramichi/ne...major-makeover (paywall)

Quote:
it felt like they “hit the nail on the head” with the idea to redefine the drive-in dining experience.

The upgrades include a commercial kitchen equipped with an authentic wood-fired Texas-style smoker.

“We’re going to make the best meats southeastern New Brunswick has ever seen,” said Després.

He said the menu at the canteen, named the Morse et Marteaux BBQ Smokehouse, will feature fresh, local snacks that represent the region.

“Obviously, we will have great popcorn too,” he said.
Quote:
No equipment upgrades were needed with the theatre already being equipped with an Ultra 4K projector but Després said everything else has been gutted and is being redone.

It’s going to be a brand-new space inside with accessible washrooms and all of the modern conveniences,”
Sounds very unique. A drive in theatre with gourmet smokehouse foods available at the canteen. This could be a winner.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Mar 12, 2024 at 12:39 AM.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2024, 10:59 AM

Shediac arena

I’m hearing rumours that a new arena /community centre has been approved for Shediac . If these rumours are true the facility would have all the accommodations we expect (besketball court, weight room , walking track.) plus apparently a pool has been included in the plan . I hope these rumours are true

Old Posted Mar 16, 2024, 1:29 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Welcome to the forums.

I am not personally aware of any new proposed multipurpose centre in Shediac, but, I do not live in the town. Perhaps one of the forumers from Shediac can answer your question.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2024, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymac View Post
I’m hearing rumours that a new arena /community centre has been approved for Shediac . If these rumours are true the facility would have all the accommodations we expect (besketball court, weight room , walking track.) plus apparently a pool has been included in the plan . I hope these rumours are true
I always thought Shediac was the perfect size of town for a junior A hockey team. The league thrives in the smaller communities of the maritimes. The league has 12 teams currently and hasn’t expanded in close to 20 years. I think there is certainly other markets that’s could support a team, Bridgewater, St. Stephan, Woodstock and Dieppe have all had teams in the past and I believe could host them again in the future. Currently the Valley Wildcats (based in Berwick) is the weakest team in terms of attendance so I could see them potentially relocating at some point, that could open the door for a potential team in Shediac.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2024, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Welcome to the forums.

I am not personally aware of any new proposed multipurpose centre in Shediac, but, I do not live in the town. Perhaps one of the forumers from Shediac can answer your question.
The town hired consultant Luc Bujold who was involved with uniplex in Dieppe becoming reality. Presentation was giving at Town public meeting on Feb 20 for wellness centre. Very early stage with deadlines of what type building site selection to fundraising the target opening would be late 2028 to early 2029. Talks are sportsplex, two ice surfaces and aquatic centre with possibilities of renting space in building such as daycare, physio and gym for example. Also in radar moving city hall and library in same building as Town still leasing current building.

Last edited by caidehs; Mar 16, 2024 at 5:36 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:02 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Shediac building permits rise to new heights in 2024
Town of Shediac has issued $25 million worth of building permits in the first quarter
Author of the article:Brunswick News
Published Apr 18, 2024 • 1 minute read
https://tj.news/moncton-miramichi/sh...eights-in-2024 (paywall)

Quote:
At the end of the first quarter, the town reported almost $25 million worth of building permits, highlighted by a $17.5-million industrial project, a 139,000-square-foot cold storage warehouse in the Scoudouc industrial park, the town said in a news release.

There were also 17 residential building permits valued at just over $1.36 million, $5 million in multi-residential permits and $261,743 for other industrial building permits.
It appears that the town may be heading towards a second consecutive $100M+ year for building permits issued.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces