HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

View Poll Results: I am from:
the Calgary CMA 101 50.25%
the Edmonton CMA 67 33.33%
the Rest of Alberta 11 5.47%
somewhere not in Alberta 22 10.95%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Mar 28, 2007, 12:39 AM
The Republic of Alberta

Born in Banff, lived in Canmore then Calgary-Drumheller-Calgary and back to Drumheller. I don't wana go any further east than that!

Old Posted Mar 28, 2007, 10:15 PM

Born in Miami, moved to central Florida (Fruitland Park/Leesburg), then at the age of 9 moved to Atlanta metro area. Grew up in Powder Springs, lived briefly in Lithia Springs, now reside in Marietta.

Have visited Edmonton 6 times, Calgary once, Banff once, Jasper once, Red Deer once. Oh yeah, stopped off for dinner in Edson once.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2007, 12:02 AM

Born and raised in Edmonton, but have spent my post-U of A career entirely in Calgary. I consider myself a Calgarian after a total of 8 years living here on Co-Op terms and regular jobs. I am interested in Edmonton threads however.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2007, 12:49 AM

Born in Winnipeg, moved to Calgary in 1982 at the ripe age of 2.

Kris

Old Posted Mar 29, 2007, 2:38 PM

Born in Edmonton.

Places I have lived:
- Edmonton
- Wetaskiwin
- Lethbridge
- Morinville
- Grimshaw
- Peace River
- Whitecourt

Currently reside in Lloydminster.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2007, 3:50 PM

Born in High River
Grew up in Nanton, Blackie, Coleman, Turner Valley
Went to UofC for 5 years (4.5 year program)
20 years living in Calgary
Now almost 4 years living in Jakarta, Indonesia

Old Posted Nov 3, 2013, 5:48 AM

Is there a BC based one or can I make one?

Sorry for the off topic.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2013, 12:36 AM

Born in Lithuania. Lived most of my life in Vilnius. Last year came to Saskatoon spent there a month and moved to Edmonton. My wife and kids came just this summer and we are here to stay.. At least for a while. Edmonton has something good but its very hard to say what exactly. Calgary makes better impression at first look but .. The longer you live in Edmonton the more you like it

Old Posted Nov 11, 2013, 12:45 AM
ARTchitecture

I voted outside of Alberta. I live in Calgary of course, but I have only been here 18 months. I'm from Woodstock Ontario but I have lived in Ottawa, Toronto, London, Kelowna, Chilliwack, and Vancouver before moving here.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2013, 8:59 PM

For me:
Born in Edmonton
Calgary 14 yrs
Whitecourt 3 yrs
back to Calgary 2 yrs and counting

Old Posted Nov 18, 2013, 1:47 AM
formerly-furry flâneur

Born Hammond, Indiana. Left at 18 (1982) for what we call "college" in the US in Portland, Oregon. Off to Madison Wisconsin in 1986 for an MS (MSc in Canadian) and PhD at UW-Madison. Then (1993) two-year postdoc at medical college of the Univ of Kentucky in Lexington. Departed July 1995 to be a professor at the U of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. Just as I was ending my postdoc met my partner (of now almost 19 years) while at a conference in Toronto. Resigned tenure-track job at U of SA and emigrated to Canada in 1997. Lived happily in Toronto for three years but only had contract teaching jobs all over GTA and beyond (eg one year at Guelph), got tenure-track offer at U of Calgary in 2000 and moved here in August of that year. Friends assumed we (as a same-sex, interracial couple) wouldn't last six months in Calgary but we love this city and it loves us back. Been here almost 14 years now and absolutely consider myself a Calgarian- have not lived longer (as an adult) anywhere.

Canadian citizen- proud Canadian citizen- since June 1, 2001. And if you're doing the math, I turn 50... soon.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2013, 4:13 PM
European views

europe

Born and raised in budapest hungary but i finished high school in calgary and stayed.....currently i live in budapest but going back to calgary for christmas and have a job aligned...i think its important to true calgarians which in a way consider myself hear us out as we bring in a different perspective and excitement over certain project....calgary booming but not a tourist friendly city but it could do so much to become one because most tourist only land here just to move on to banff for example....i hate nose hill it protecting grass seems a waste land to me ...build a nice round lookout on top of it i bet usage would jump...or out some trees on it make it a nice forrest but in this state just a waste of space in the middle of city....paved bicycle ways? I could enjoy walking it more....anyways thats from a different point of view just for one thing...calgary atittude and city matured a lot the last 15 years i can imagine that will accelerate as more foreigners decide to actualy stay.....not just a work and trsnsit city no more.....

Old Posted Nov 26, 2013, 12:48 AM

Born in the ole Peg, moved to Victoria, then to Calgary for many years and now in Penticton but still back to Calgary fairly often.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia