HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted Mar 25, 2009, 4:40 AM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinkprof View Post
I knew a group of 7 students that lived in a small 2 bedroom apartment in Brentwood a few years back. It sucks that situations like that are what causes grief for the rest of us.
Part of me has to ask why that's any of the landlord's business. Those 7 people use exactly the same amount of space as 2 people. If it's utility use, then figure out how to charge for it - plenty of apartments do. If it's damage caused by too many people - collect a bigger damage deposit.

Guess I just don't understand the landlord mentality anymore.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2009, 12:19 PM

^I don't think it was utilities and things like that. More like tenants, friends, and other guests coming and going at all hours of the night.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2009, 12:42 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinkprof View Post
^I don't think it was utilities and things like that. More like tenants, friends, and other guests coming and going at all hours of the night.
Again, weird. I can just as easily see 2 people causing that as 7, depending on the people. Same rules (should) apply.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2009, 1:03 PM

I'm pretty sure there's some health or zoning bylaw against 7 people living in a 2 bedroom suite.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2014, 12:03 PM

be careful with coped keys

when it comes to copy a key sometimes the landlaw will not give you a permision to do so .
even if you will go to a locksmith store or even a walmart copy machine if its whrriet there do not copy on itthey are not sllowe to so.
for more info you can call me about it http://www.locksmith-in-calgary.ca

Old Posted Feb 23, 2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Part of me has to ask why that's any of the landlord's business. Those 7 people use exactly the same amount of space as 2 people. If it's utility use, then figure out how to charge for it - plenty of apartments do. If it's damage caused by too many people - collect a bigger damage deposit.

Guess I just don't understand the landlord mentality anymore.
its actually the law, at least in bc. 2 bedrooms can have no more than4 people. my mom was a building manager, they had to kick out 5 students from china once in a 2 bedroom, but they ducked out before they got kicked out

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia