HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 8, 2015, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
^Thanks for the update. I'd really like to see an updated render. Does anyone know for sure if the project has been scaled back or changes to utilize cheaper materials?
I would bet on this.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2015, 6:57 PM

Quote:
^Thanks for the update. I'd really like to see an updated render. Does anyone know for sure if the project has been scaled back or changes to utilize cheaper materials?
I would bet on it.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2015, 7:08 PM

Quote:

yeah me too, Can't find one at the moment all I know is they were issued a partial foundation permit in mid-2014 for $1.2M and just some variances orders from about 2 years back with various older build specs. No new images at the moment.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2015, 2:48 PM
There is always a way

Anyone drive by recently? Is there any progress can the speculation be put to rest? Or is this one of those massive teaser projects?

Old Posted Oct 27, 2015, 2:50 PM

^ With the two cranes on site, that would be one expensive teaser... the normal Winnipeg teaser approach is to go with the far cheaper option of just putting construction fencing up around the perimeter.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2015, 3:18 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusREIM View Post
Anyone drive by recently? Is there any progress can the speculation be put to rest? Or is this one of those massive teaser projects?
Drove by on Sunday. It seems to me they are forming/poured concrete leading up to what will be the second level now. Not sure if that is much progress from the last week or so, but it is more progress than a month ago.

Hopefully that is vague enough that you really don't know what I said, and can't blame me later for it even if you figure it out.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2015, 5:38 PM
There is always a way

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Drove by on Sunday. It seems to me they are forming/poured concrete leading up to what will be the second level now. Not sure if that is much progress from the last week or so, but it is more progress than a month ago.

Hopefully that is vague enough that you really don't know what I said, and can't blame me later for it even if you figure it out.
I'm holding you to that lol

Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 5:18 PM

Couple quick pics

Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 5:23 PM

^ Wow, so it's really happening. Good stuff.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatland Metropolis View Post

Couple quick pics
Looks like 1 floor/every 2.5 - 3 weeks, although I'd assume the initial prep, took longer for the ground level/1st floor..Nice to see the update and progress.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 4:37 PM
Ignore these four words.

Ok, almost two weeks since the last photo update. Does anyone know what's happened since?

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 5:24 PM

Drove by the other day, parkade progressing well. Article in the FreeP says they plan on having the parkade done this year and then having the main building done by the end of next year. A few people got refunds on their down deposits as they were frustrated by the wait but otherwise not much was mentioned in terms of design changes. Website still shows original design as well.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 6:00 PM
Ignore these four words.

^Thanks for the update.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 6:06 PM
BANNED

This area is becoming quite attractive. I question the advent of retail along here.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban recluse View Post
This area is becoming quite attractive. I question the advent of retail along here.
I loved the area when I lived there. It does feel a bit underserved when it comes to retail, although it's starting to change slowly as there are more options now than there were 10 years ago. I don't think it'll become a big hub or anything like that, but just having some basic amenities like cafes, lounges and convenience stores, all of which have popped up along Broadway over the past decade, make a positive difference.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 6:32 PM
BANNED

Definitely seeing some old homes converted to stores, cafes would be charming. Broadway does well in terms of retail occupancies; I see a new donut shop is opening at 326 Broadway. I would think next year, with 300 Assiniboine opening, and then D Condo, more shops, etc may open. Now, about all those vacant spaces on Portage...

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 6:36 PM

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 6:52 PM

Seems like a lot of folks are paying the FreeP for the news...

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 7:02 PM
Ignore these four words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I loved the area when I lived there. It does feel a bit underserved when it comes to retail, although it's starting to change slowly as there are more options now than there were 10 years ago. I don't think it'll become a big hub or anything like that, but just having some basic amenities like cafes, lounges and convenience stores, all of which have popped up along Broadway over the past decade, make a positive difference.
I lived there for a couple of years in the mid 90's on Edmonton between Assiniboine and Broadway. Loved that area but decided to buy a house and move to the burbs when the wife was 7 months pregnant. We woudn't have moved but did what's best for the familia. Everything was near - the Forks, Osborne Village and even a few concerts at the Convention Centre. I give it an 8 out of 10 for pedestrian friendliness.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 8:21 PM

I've often wondered why Broadway isn't more vibrant despite all the people living between it and Assiniboine. I guess the CRUs on Broadway cater more to the needs of the 9-5 office crowd. I think we're starting to get there though with new places like Fools & Horses and Nick's opening up

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan