HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Neptune/Sixth in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 20, 2016, 12:18 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2016, 12:42 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

If this tower were to be in Newark NJ, it would be a major addition to the skyline. Lucky for the neighborhood. Not too shabby. Decent I'd say, but nothing to write home about. Better than the housing next to it at least.

Hopefully more will rise. Always nice to see the prospects of a new highrise node.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2016, 9:30 PM

The scale is so overwhelming for the area, I really think this is going to be an eye sore.

I recently walked by Luna Park (the complex, not the amusement) and the new brick color schemes really do a good job at making the ground level more inviting and light. Sure all these apartment buildings are old and dull, but if the rest underwent some facade renovation they could be better.

Framing has also begun to go up for the commercial complex on Sheepshead Bay Road.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2016, 10:53 PM
New Yorker for life

For a residential building, I don't think it's all that bad. In fact, I think it's better than a lot of the stuff going up in Downtown Brooklyn and Long Island City now.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2016, 11:59 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^^

I was in the area today, and there's another tower u/c near Coney Island that looks like its slightly over 300 ft as of now. Still rising. I know in the high rise thread we have a post for it (I'm gonna look for it), but it stands out let's just say. Get a nice idea of how it stands out from the Verrazano's.

Actually, if you are headed to Avenue U, you can get a glimpse of it.

At 450 ft, this will really stand out.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2016, 12:01 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^

As a follow up:

Okay I think I found it. Its this one.

1501 Voorhies Avenue its called; over in Sheepshead Bay. Well, its u/c, and it stands out big time. \

No pics from me unfortunately, as driving and pics don't mix.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2016, 2:50 PM

Yeah I've seen that driving on the Belt Parkway. Kind of came out of nowhere.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2016, 1:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steyin View Post
The scale is so overwhelming for the area, I really think this is going to be an eye sore.

I recently walked by Luna Park (the complex, not the amusement) and the new brick color schemes really do a good job at making the ground level more inviting and light. Sure all these apartment buildings are old and dull, but if the rest underwent some facade renovation they could be better.

Framing has also begun to go up for the commercial complex on Sheepshead Bay Road.
Eyesore? Eventhough it is not that exciting design-wise, it is still the best looking building in an area full of depressing towers-in-the-park/commie blocks and parking lots.

If there were more buildings like this and less of those other buildings, then this area would improve immensely.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2016, 1:39 PM

And that's not even including the fact that this project includes retail that services all the residents in the area. Those existing commie blocks don't provide any services to their residents so people living in them have to drive elsewhere to buy groceries, banking, dry cleaning, post office, doctor, etc.

This will be a vast improvement over the poor Corbusian designs that whole area suffers from.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2016, 1:42 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

well I like how they fit it right in with the plaza, that's actually great.

however, the plans for upscaling the shopping plaza itself...yikes.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2016, 1:46 PM

As for that Voorhies tower, I am glad it's replacing what was a vacant/weedy lot. I am however very disappointed that because of stupid NYC zoning (again), they had to tear out a bunch of retail buildings that had added to the vibrancy of Sheepshead Bay Rd to make way for essentially a driveway.

Old Posted May 18, 2017, 8:18 PM
New Yorker for life

https://therealdeal.com/2017/05/18/c...tallest-tower/

Cammeby’s taps Suffolk Construction for Coney Island’s tallest tower
Company will serves construction manager at 532 Neptune

By Kathryn Brenzel
May 18, 2017

Quote:
Cammeby’s International Group has tapped Suffolk Construction to take on what will be Coney Island’s tallest tower.

Suffolk will serve as construction manager at 532 Neptune Avenue, a planned 40-story mixed-use tower at the site of the Trump Village Shopping Center, representatives for Cammeby’s confirmed on Thursday. The tower is part of the developer’s Neptune/Sixth redevelopment, which also includes a seven-story office and retail building at 626 Neptune Avenue.

Old Posted May 19, 2017, 12:16 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Towers like 1501 Voorhies Avenue, Haylcon, and now 532 Neptune add a new dynamic to neighborhoods. Both Greenpoint and Sheepshead have new tallests. In the future, Coney Island. I'd be nice if East NY and Jamaica see new tallests down the line. Lots of potential around the border edge of Brooklyn/Queens bordering Nassau County.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2017, 9:10 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Dec 22, 2017, 4:11 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Construction Begins on Southern Brooklyn's Golden Superstructure

Quote:
Developers are placing their bets on Southern Brooklyn. The area, made up of the borough's southern waterfront communities, will soon see its tallest tower at 532 Neptune Avenue - a 446-foot-tall mixed-use residential structure. Developer Cammeby's International is behind the 42-story, 576-unit rental, called "Neptune/Sixth," and S9 Architecture is responsible for the sleek golden design. Until the new project is complete, Southern Brooklyn's tallest tower is still Avalon Brooklyn Bay in Sheepshead Bay.

Neptune/Sixth is a large development consisting of three phases of construction and two addresses in Coney Island. The first is the 7-story commercial/retail building at 626 Sheepshead Bay Road, which is now nearly complete, according to aerial photos taken by Net Power Electric.

Next up is the 1-story base building at 532 Neptune Avenue, which is on its way to fully replace the Trump Village Shopping Center. Demolition and construction have started for the base and completion is expected in a year (they are still relocating tenants). It will hold 24 retail spaces, a residential lobby, laundry facility, a bike room, and the first floor of a multi-level parking garage. In total, the development will hold a whopping 931 parking spaces, some of which will be attended. The Commercial Observer reported late last year that CVS, one of the current Trump Village tenants, had signed a new 11,300-square-foot lease at the same site and will continue to operate there until construction on the new store is complete.

The last phase of the project will be the golden superstructure that will sit atop the 1-story base. And while southern Brooklyners were against the relocation of their beloved DII department store, they were more outraged over the Manhattan-sized building proposed for their neighborhood, which had become a retirement community. Amends seem to have been made with the department store - which is set to relocate to 626 Sheepshead Bay Road - but it looks like the developer isn't budging on the tower height. In fact, the building has gained an extra two stories since we last covered the development.
==========================
https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/marke...tructure/14984

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 3:45 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 2:38 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Neighbor sues Cammeby’s, Rybak to stop view-blocking project
Trump Village property challenges zoning approval in Coney Island

Quote:
Rubie Schron’s Cammeby’s International Group and Rybak Development’s three-tower project in Coney Island is on its way to becoming one of Brooklyn’s largest residential developments.

But a nearby co-op and its property manager could delay those ambitions.

Neptune/Sixth, at 532 Neptune Avenue, would span 758,6000 square feet and bring 499 residential units to South Brooklyn. The project would bolster Cammeby’s push to become a ground-up developer.

The firm has become a prominent New York City real estate player by focusing on acquisitions since the late 1960s.

Trump Village Section Four, a large co-op near Neptune/Sixth, filed a lawsuit this week against the Cammeby’s-Rybak venture alleging the project lacks the proper zoning. Some Trump Village residents are upset that the massive project would block their views of the Manhattan skyline.

The suit, signed by Trump Village property manager Igor Oberman, alleges the Department of Buildings erred in approving the development. As a result, it will be overbuilt by 133,835 square feet, according to the lawsuit.

Specifically, the suit alleges the development was supposed to have a floor area ratio of no more than 2.4, but instead will have a FAR of 3. Trump Village and the Cammeby’s-Rybak entity have filed back and forth lawsuits against each other since at least 2017.
=================
TRD

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 3:42 AM

This isnt even very tall anymore lol

https://rew-online.com/cammebys-ryba...neptune-sixth/

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 6:49 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Towers like 1501 Voorhies Avenue, Haylcon, and now 532 Neptune add a new dynamic to neighborhoods. Both Greenpoint and Sheepshead have new tallests. In the future, Coney Island. I'd be nice if East NY and Jamaica see new tallests down the line. Lots of potential around the border edge of Brooklyn/Queens bordering Nassau County.
the newish alvista towers next to the jamaica station are pretty imposing for the area. i dk if more is to come around there?

also, the recently approved urban village in east ny on empty old starrett city blocks isnt all that tall i dont think, but it will be massive with 2k all income adjusted apts, which is awesome news.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals