HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

View Poll Results: Which transbay tower design scheme do you like best?
#1 Richard Rogers 40 8.05%
#2 Cesar Pelli 99 19.92%
#3 SOM 358 72.03%
Voters: 497. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 27, 2006, 2:27 AM

^^^I think those colors actuallygo well together(with the orange used sparingly. reminds me of buildings that use that green weathered copper as accents and on roofs).I wonder how that would look with a less intense blue..something with a blue tint or hue but glassy and reflective as well? I bet you are right about the Nimbys. Look at the Chicago Spire proposal-immensely tall but thin enough that nobody got too upset about it blocking any views. Same thing there I bet. Tall and thin also means that the entire site does not need to be used..I am not sure how wide the 1/3 block is but a symmetrical tower could just use the middle third and leave the other two thirds for something like pocket parks-like they did with the TranAmerica Pyramid and the pocket park planted with redwoods. Again the wood of the redwood tree brings me back again to that reddish orange color. that color would catch the color from the bridge as well as the trees. And blue of course for the sky and bay. JMO of course.*runs and hides* lol.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development