HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted May 16, 2012, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by durhamite View Post
Typical response from you, no substance, no facts - I deal with empirical data, part of my job, not some clown's or uncle jed's opinion. The Charlotte Biz Journal doesn't post only good news but bad news. So, it was a bit of good news, accept it. The country is suffering but slowly recovering, you seem to think Charlotte is surrounded by all these great economies in other metros...if so, show me some FACTS. If and when the data reveals Charlotte is a disaster area, I will be the first to state it, but you are way off base and seems part of your agenda is to spew unwarranted negativity.

Bank of America and Wells Fargo are still hiring people. There are shifts in operational needs so banks are re-organizing and downsizing some units - other units are growing like many other companies and industries. In my small world, I know several people who still work at both banks in Charlotte (pre and post recession) and specific departments that are hiring people.

Let me go enjoy my Wells Fargo PGA outing today to see Tiger and Phil...thought I was dreaming when I saw em yesterday....but they're REAL!...Quail Hollow is a real golf course.

Again, great photos Initial D.
There is always someone who thinks he knows more about your city than you do and has nothing decent to say about it - especially toward southern cities. It gets irritating, but most of us know what is real and what is fantasy.

Great photos!

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 12:33 AM
lite

RobertWalpole may not be eloquent, but he does understand the dynamics of the Charlotte real estate market. I've had a house on the market since 2010 (Worked for BOA). Purchased in 2005 for 875k, now I'll be lucky to get 700k. The value goes down every day now. It's not an assay on the South, rather a retort of the r/e market, which is quite hostile and slow there.

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jerk View Post
RobertWalpole may not be eloquent, but he does understand the dynamics of the Charlotte real estate market. I've had a house on the market since 2010 (Worked for BOA). Purchased in 2005 for 875k, now I'll be lucky to get 700k. The value goes down every day now. It's not an assay on the South, rather a retort of the r/e market, which is quite hostile and slow there.
Not denying that, but there are many challenging markets throughout the country and Charlotte is far from the worst. You purchased at or near the height of the r/e bubble, and selling a 3/4 million house in Charlotte would take a while during a "normal" market; that's getting near the upper end of the housing bracket in Charlotte.

Provided is a list of the predicted worst housing markets for 2012:

http://www.housingpredictor.com/2012/worst-markets.html

Best of luck.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos