HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Oct 19, 2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Any new constructions pictures yet? How it go?

From Sept so more progress has been made since these photos.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2015, 3:54 PM

update from the webcams today.. here's a new view from inside the stadium on the west upper deck level. Gives you an idea of the ATL skyline views youll have through the eastern windows

and the render to compare to the above view - from a little lower down

to tell you the truth, i wish they would just leave it open like this.. wont be near as nice of a skyline view once they put the roof on, and though the circular screen is kinda cool, it is really just a gimmick. we dont really need a retractable roof. but in general im cool with the new design

Last edited by forj; Oct 19, 2015 at 4:48 PM.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2015, 5:00 PM

The stadium seems really far along to be opening in 2017 but I read that it will take an entire year to construct the roof, not to mention the complicated exterior.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Oct 19, 2015 at 7:12 PM.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2015, 6:27 PM

yeh they got a nice head start on it. much farther along than the braves stadium which has to open like 6 months earlier. I wonder if they will demolish the Georgia Dome before the start of the 2017. I suppose they could demo it as soon as the season if over in January and that should give them plenty of time to clean it up.. but there are lots of other events throughout the year normally in the Ga Dome, so maybe they will keep it up until after the 2017 season.

i have a feeling the Braves new stadium site is going to feel very much like a construction site when the 2017 baseball season starts in April. no way will they have all the mixed use development completed by then

Old Posted Oct 27, 2015, 6:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forj View Post
i have a feeling the Braves new stadium site is going to feel very much like a construction site when the 2017 baseball season starts in April. no way will they have all the mixed use development completed by then
Right, they will begin in April 2017 for Opening Day. It will take a time to completed new Braves stadium. You have be patient. Give it a time. I hope so for the sake. I have no doubts about that. If those date is subject to change. If they release new regular season schedule. You won't know for sure.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2015, 2:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forj View Post
yeh they got a nice head start on it. much farther along than the braves stadium which has to open like 6 months earlier. I wonder if they will demolish the Georgia Dome before the start of the 2017. I suppose they could demo it as soon as the season if over in January and that should give them plenty of time to clean it up.. but there are lots of other events throughout the year normally in the Ga Dome, so maybe they will keep it up until after the 2017 season.
There was an article about a month ago about the events winding down at the Ga Dome. I believe it stated the amount of days left until the dome closed and by my calculations it came out to be March 1, 2017. That's weeks before Atlanta United will begin playing in the new stadium that spring.

The Metrodome in Minnesota took 3 months to completely demolish, so hopefully the same can be said for the Dome.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2015, 10:02 PM

SCAD tapped for artwork in Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

Atlanta Falcons Stadium Co. hired the Savannah College of Art and Design to install art in the new, $1.5 billion Mercedes-Benz Stadium.The operator of the stadium said the deal includes professionally commissioned, selected and installed original artwork, as well as the professional installation of memorabilia.

“We are delighted to partner with one of our ‘own’ in finishing out the interior and exterior of Mercedes-Benz Stadium,” said Arthur Blank, owner of the Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta United FC, both of which will play its games in the stadium. “With nearly two million square feet of space, there are plenty of opportunities to further enhance this iconic building through art and memorabilia, as well as depict who we are and what our great city and state stand for.”
Financial terms were not disclosed.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...z-stadium.html

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 10:41 PM

Atlanta lands 2018 college football title game

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/colle...le-game/npGLg/

Quote:
College football’s national championship game is coming to Atlanta.

The marquee event will be played in Mercedes-Benz Stadium – the Falcons’ new home, which is under construction downtown — on Jan. 8, 2018, College Football Playoff executive director Bill Hancock said this afternoon.

The game will cap the first football season in the stadium, which is slated to open in March 2017.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 3:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Wow! I heard Miami who lost the bid for 2018 college football. I am so disappointed. Oh well! Maybe next time.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2015, 12:24 PM

New renderings of bridge to Mercedes-Benz Stadium

Old Posted Nov 19, 2015, 2:14 AM

Thus it begins...

First section of the roof structure in place.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2015, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashATL View Post

First section of the roof structure in place.
Wow! That looks huge.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2015, 1:49 AM

I noticed in this photo the beginnings of one of the "wing" sections

Old Posted Dec 9, 2015, 5:52 PM

Aerial Panoramic View

Old Posted Jan 10, 2016, 11:56 AM

Some of the exterior facade has been installed

and another recent photo

Old Posted Jan 15, 2016, 1:41 AM

Mercedes Benz Stadium drone flyover https://youtu.be/yxHHqSyXBVs

Old Posted Jan 22, 2016, 4:46 PM

Mercedes-Benz Stadium falls behind schedule

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/foo...chedule/np9Jg/

Quote:
Construction of the downtown stadium that will become home to the Atlanta Falcons and a new professional soccer team won’t be completed in time for a long-planned March 2017 opening.

The new target date for completion of Mercedes-Benz Stadium is June 1, 2017, Arthur Blank, owner of the Falcons and Major League Soccer team Atlanta United, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution in an interview Thursday.

Blank attributed the delay to the design process for the steel structure that will support the stadium’s complex retractable roof and massive video board.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2016, 11:25 PM

3D seating preview

Old Posted Feb 3, 2016, 3:12 PM

Watch 18 Months of Mercedes-Benz Stadium Construction in One Minute

Quote:
A time-lapse video recently released on the project's website reveals the full process of construction from June 2014 up until the end of December 2015.

Work in progress on the roof structure for Mercedes-Benz Stadium, image courtesy of mercedesbenzstadium.com

Old Posted Feb 6, 2016, 8:49 PM

Two sections of the roof are now in place, along with more of the side framing.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta