HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 31, 2015, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflint View Post
Ah, yes--the City of San Fran. You know, that's Spanish for Saint Fran--the patron saint of middle-aged aunts with lots of cats and musty guest rooms.

For She gave Her name to our city...and decreed "Go forth and prosper, and don't forget your jacket. It's going to get chilly later."

Saint Fran
Never knew that, thanks for this wonderful history of San Fran. Can't wait to tell visitors and tourists

Old Posted May 31, 2015, 10:53 PM

From last month, but still a great shot of Rincon Hill construction:

View of SOMA by Tom Coates, on Flickr

Old Posted Jun 4, 2015, 3:35 PM

San Francisco contemplating bringing back "beauty contests" instead of first-come, first-serve Prop M allocation: http://news.theregistrysf.com/san-fr...c10d1-79174653

I wasn't here in 2000 when this was last an issue, but can't say I agree with this.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2015, 5:22 PM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

From the article:

"If the city reinstates the contest, several factors will influence the Planning Commission’s decision to approve projects. Proximity to transit, whether the project provides replacement for PDR on or off site and/or pays in lieu fee to fund PDR or arts spaces, underling zoning of the site’s district and green, sustainable design.

But additional items will also be evaluated, said Antonini. Square footage from converted office to other uses could be added back to the office pool. Debiting of the allowed 875,000 square feet from the future to meet current demand. Ballot measures to allow higher annual amounts in some targeted areas, such as Central SoMa."

I don't mind any of that, to be honest.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 12:21 AM
Build Baby Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflint View Post
From the article:

"If the city reinstates the contest, several factors will influence the Planning Commission’s decision to approve projects. Proximity to transit, whether the project provides replacement for PDR on or off site and/or pays in lieu fee to fund PDR or arts spaces, underling zoning of the site’s district and green, sustainable design.

But additional items will also be evaluated, said Antonini. Square footage from converted office to other uses could be added back to the office pool. Debiting of the allowed 875,000 square feet from the future to meet current demand. Ballot measures to allow higher annual amounts in some targeted areas, such as Central SoMa."

I don't mind any of that, to be honest.
The first item you mentioned is really important. There is a ton of office space that has been turned into something else, 100 Van Ness for example. This could easily provide two full years of prop M square footage back into the office pool.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 5:26 PM

The Folsom off ramp is done with construction, looks like they just need to restripe it.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2015, 4:30 AM
JustAPhotoTaker

500 pine Rising! + 350 Bush: Shoring.
~~~~~
#350+500Rising!
#Gemdale
#HalthwayDinwiddie

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 1:36 AM
Build Baby Build

These are all out of order, but some updates from today.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 7:48 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by fimiak View Post
These are all out of order, but some updates from today.
Great--thanks!

Old Posted Jun 12, 2015, 2:31 AM

The Panoramic - 1321 Mission Street

I was by the Panoramic today & and a look at the "art" on the south face of the building. It has a strange look at a distance as if something is mission from the facade. I see lots of housing for pigeons in this one. I don't see it from my view which makes me happy.

The north face is still not clad. Apparently the material has not arrived yet to finish the wall. I find the building to be attractive.

The Panoramic - 1321 Market Street

Old Posted Jun 12, 2015, 9:54 PM

Update of the project at Larkin and Clay:

Old Posted Jun 20, 2015, 7:41 PM
dazzle me

keeping with the van ness corridor, here are small updates for four projects:

today there's a massive concrete pour at 1545 pine

further along at 1450 franklin

finishing up at 1650 broadway

and topped out at 1868 van ness

Old Posted Jun 20, 2015, 8:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a very long weekend View Post

further along at 1450 franklin

Good to know this tinkertoy building hasn't collapsed yet.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2015, 11:29 PM

350 Eighth Street Apartments - 8th & Harrison

You can see a picture of the complex here: http://4terrainvestments.com/

350 8th & Harrison_2015_06_19

Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 10:29 PM

To add to A Very Long Weekend's update, here are some shots of The Rockwell from the Whole Foods parking lot:

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 5:53 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Another market rate housing development may be coming to the Tenderloin. From the SF Business Times:

Quote:
Mosser Capital Management LLC, controlled by the Mosser family, is seeking to build a group housing project with 70 rental units on a parking lot at 105 Turk St., next to an existing 112-unit building that it already owns at 57 Taylor St., according to plans filed with City Planning.

The project would add 48,118 residential square feet and 718 square feet of retail next to the existing 53,805-square-foot building, according to plans filed with the city. The new building would be 130 feet and 11 stories, over twice as tall as the neighboring building of five stories. Construction would involve demolishing 1,000 square feet of an existing structure.

The developer estimates construction costs to be $21 million. Architecture International is designing the project.
More details on this and other nearby developments at the link. One curious note. The developer hints at a grocery store for the retail space. But at 718 square feet? That's a pretty small grocery store.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 5:55 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Also meant to mention that a deal was reached on the Flower Mart redevelopment, so the ballot measure will be withdrawn.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 8:46 PM
She needs her space

Lots of "deals" have been reached lately. Makes me wonder if things came to a boiled over head behind closed doors between a few developers/mayor/housing advocates/major firms that need office space, and those on the "other side" like Peskin, and some supes like Jane Kim.

I mean we are reaching emergency levels here with this economy and our housing shortage. I mean we are in a relatively unprecedented emergency. I think emergency deal making was done in a dim lit room, and if it means stuff now moves forward, then hooray!

I believe Kilroys Mission Bay development still needs a Prop M allocation. It's about 600+K sf.

We still have the Mission moratorium, some "neighbor" skirmishes in the Dogpatch, and these new complaints lodged against a couple new towers in soma to contend with.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 9:34 PM

It looks like we have another high rise proposal coming:

Quote:
A newly proposed 36-story tower with 350 units split between hotel and residential uses would land among a sea of new high-end buildings in San Francisco’s Transbay district.

Development giants SKS Investments and Pacific Eagle Holdings just filed a preliminary proposal for the 380-foot tower to replace two existing two-story buildings between 547 and 557 Howard St. The proposed building would include 127 residential units and 223 hotel rooms.
It looks like this one is across the street from Parcel F (750 feet) as well as 41 Tehama (380 feet) on the other side. From the PPA:

Quote:
Demolish two existing 2-story buildings and construct new mixed-use tower with ~194,000 GSF residential (127 units) and ~167,000 GSF hotel (223 rooms). The project will have 2 levels of below-grade parking (76 spaces). The PPA was submitted on 6/19/15 and the 90 day deadline is 9/17/15.
The site is already zoned for 350 feet, so that's one less hurdle for the developers.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2015, 6:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego-Honolulu View Post
I wish there were more mix-use apartment/hotel skyrises happening in the city. I know they are becoming very popular and San Fran would be a perfect city for some of these buildings.
I still don't know why there aren't more John Hancock (Chicago) type buildings built, as that concept was quite innovative, in its time: Shopping center in the lower floors, 40+ floors of office space, topped with 50 floors of apartments, with an observation deck at the top. Only thing missing was the addition of some floors for a hotel.

Has anything been built since, anywhere, that copied that? A city within a city concept?

I used to know someone that had a 67th floor apartment in that building!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations