HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 3, 2018, 9:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habskilla View Post
People using the centre lane to pass just reinforces how out of control that section of road is.

Police have apparently been issuing citations all last week, and Possibly over the weekend. While going on that section of Mountain road I seen a few pulled over, and was unaware Moncton had 3 Unmarked at least.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2018, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habskilla View Post
People using the centre lane to pass just reinforces how out of control that section of road is.
Yes! More than once I've met a car coming at me head on in the wrong lane since this road change.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 12:43 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

They're busy tearing the guts out of the (old) RBC customer support centre on St George Blvd in the MID Industrial Park. Does anyone know if there is a new tenant moving in???

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
They're busy tearing the guts out of the (old) RBC customer support centre on St George Blvd in the MID Industrial Park. Does anyone know if there is a new tenant moving in???

Not sure but I saw then up on the roof last week seemingly doing inspections so either they have a tenant planed for the location, or they are doing the work before hand to make it more enticing for a potential new tenant. either way it's good news it seems.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Not sure but I saw then up on the roof last week seemingly doing inspections so either they have a tenant planed for the location, or they are doing the work before hand to make it more enticing for a potential new tenant. either way it's good news it seems.
I just posted about this in the Moncton general thread. It's Nordia, moving from Edinburgh Dr, they are doing a roughly $4M renovation to the building, expected move is in January.

Organigram owns the building they are in now, and they will continue their expansion into the Nordia space after the move. This space has been Xwave, ClientLogic, Sitel, and currently Nordia...soon the whole structure will be Organigram.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 1:38 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo1 View Post
I just posted about this in the Moncton general thread. It's Nordia, moving from Edinburgh Dr, they are doing a roughly $4M renovation to the building, expected move is in January.

Organigram owns the building they are in now, and they will continue their expansion into the Nordia space after the move. This space has been Xwave, ClientLogic, Sitel, and currently Nordia...soon the whole structure will be Organigram.
Thanks for the info and welcome to the forums!!

As to where to post, as you already know, there is a general Moncton thread, but there are about a dozen other Moncton threads loosely organized along three lines

1) - project specific threads (for example FiveFive Queen or the Hyatt Place Hotel)
2) - neighbourhood specific threads (e.g. Moncton Northwest or Riverview)
3) - topic specific threads (like the retail thread).

It's nice to keep things organized, but it is not uncommon to see posts on a particular topic showing up in more than one thread (like Costco posts appearing in both the Retail Thread and the Moncton East Thread). Since most everyone reads all the threads, it doesn't really matter too much where you post, but as a general guideline, I would suggest:

1) - All posts on a specific project (like the events centre) should go in their dedicated thread (in this case the Events Centre Thread).
2) - Major retail news about Champlain Place or any of the big box developments (Wheeler Park, Granite Centre, Mapleton Centre etc) should go in the Retail Thread.
3) - Most other posts (including minor retail news) should go in the neighbourhood specific threads (for example a new Tim Hortons in Riverview should go in the Riverview Thread).
4) - general posts or news pertaining to the city as a whole should go in the main Moncton Thread.

That's it. Looking forward to your future contributions.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 8:31 PM

Thanks MonctonRad.

The Nordia move is a pretty big indicator that Organigram is not slowing down, they've taken the parking lot for a new electrical substation, and building yet another building and will gut an utilize the Nordia space once they vacate. They've also cleared a treed area on the corner of English Dr & St. George as their new employee parking lot.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2018, 1:41 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

According to the T&T, the new iteration of the Wharf Village Shops at Magnetic Hill "exceeded expectations" during their first full year of operation and they are "pretty sure" they made a profit.

Next year they plan on more patio seating, a new restaurant menu and more live music.

https://www.telegraphjournal.com/tim...=story-rotator (paywall)

Old Posted Sep 24, 2018, 3:47 PM

^^ I actually went for the first time yesterday since the've done the renos. They were having a local market day where the wharf was lined with local vendors and there was live music etc. We stayed for lunch as well. I was thoroughly impressed with the job they've done so far and will most certainly be back. You can tell there's still some work to be done inside some of the shops but they are definitely building a nice little spot there.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 7:29 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Coming soon to the Evergreen Plaza (corner of Mountain & Gorge):

Close to the Heart
The banner in the window under the name pretty much says it all:
https://www.facebook.com/closetotheheart.shop/

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 3:26 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

At tonight's city council meeting, they issued an RFP for the extension of Twin Oaks through to the Horsman roundabout.

This will provide more direct egress for many people from the Evergreen/Kingswood neighbourhoods through to Berry Mills Road, and is a necessary precondition for the construction of the new north end YMCA community centre, which is supposed to commence construction sometime next year.......

Old Posted Oct 21, 2018, 10:40 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I think they have started site prep work for the new Ambulance NB depot on Gorge Road.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2018, 10:33 PM

Quote:
At tonight's city council meeting, they issued an RFP for the extension of Twin Oaks through to the Horsman roundabout.

This will provide more direct egress for many people from the Evergreen/Kingswood neighbourhoods through to Berry Mills Road, and is a necessary precondition for the construction of the new north end YMCA community centre, which is supposed to commence construction sometime next year.......
It’s about time!!! I’ve been waiting years for this!

Old Posted Nov 2, 2018, 3:19 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Ana Banana have closed their doors. Curiously, their satellite store in Saint John remains open........

Old Posted Nov 2, 2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Ana Banana have closed their doors. Curiously, their satellite store in Saint John remains open........
I guess they are focusing on their online store in Moncton. It's sad, we really enjoyed shopping there as the "touch and feel" is important to us when buying things for the kids. The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. They also had a certified child car seat technician who could help you install the seat and make sure it is safe. It's honestly a real loss, and unfortunately a sign of the times....to me it's really worth paying a small premium for help and advice rather than have an Amazon package dropped on my front step.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 11:22 AM

The Maple Leaf Seafood restaurant has a for sale sign on it. I don't know if that is intended to change the owner of the building or sell the restaurant but considering they closed for "the season" it's a safe bet that they will not reopen.

I'm hoping the next, and probably yet another failed attempt, restaurant going there is Indian food!

Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
The Maple Leaf Seafood restaurant has a for sale sign on it. I don't know if that is intended to change the owner of the building or sell the restaurant but considering they closed for "the season" it's a safe bet that they will not reopen.

I'm hoping the next, and probably yet another failed attempt, restaurant going there is Indian food!
All those restaurants on that end of Mountain Rd seem to have issues staying open. It's such a common cycle of restaurant openings, and then being sold to new owners to be reopened as another failed restaurant its no longer note worthy IMHO.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2018, 12:01 AM

I can't think of any trend of restaurants dying quick deaths on that end of Moutain Road except for that one building, but maybe I haven't been paying attention?
Maple Leaf Seafood's prices were outrageous. They were doomed just for that reason alone. I couldn't wait to eat there beause I like their other restaurant with the buffet, but was shocked at the prices. I think its the only time in my long life that I left a restaurant without ordering because of the prices.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2018, 3:44 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Here are a few tidbits about the new North End YMCA from the Q&A on the YMCA site:

The new facility will be a compliment to the services provided at the main YMCA facility. Overall, the new facility will be about 35,000 square feet, about half the size of the downtown Y. The centre will include various components. Plans include a gym, an indoor splash pad, an indoor walking track, a wellness centre, a studio gym, multi-purpose spaces, a playground and a universal change room. The facility will be designed with expansion in mind as future projects like a library are an option.

Our goal is to have it built by the end of 2020, the year the YMCA of Greater Moncton celebrates its 150th birthday. We hope to break ground next spring (2019).

Acadian Construction of Dieppe had been named to build the YMCA community centre in the North End.

We’ve entered the design phase for the project. Architect 49 has been hired to prepare a preliminary design.

This is a $17-million project in total. The federal and provincial governments will contribute $4 million each and the City of Moncton will contribute $6 million. The YMCA will undertake a $3-million capital campaign towards the project.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2018, 3:54 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There will be a public information session regarding the North End YMCA on Wednesday between 6-8 PM ay Ecole le Sommet off of Ryan Street.

Drawings and renders will be available for review for those who are interested.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces