HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 6:14 PM

There was an Article in the Times this week about the colisium, and what will happen to it after they open the Event Centre. Turns out the city plans on keeping it for trade shows, and such. I wonder if this means they will be trying to get more trade shows in, or what though.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 6:33 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
There was an Article in the Times this week about the colisium, and what will happen to it after they open the Event Centre. Turns out the city plans on keeping it for trade shows, and such. I wonder if this means they will be trying to get more trade shows in, or what though.
Yes.

The Coliseum apparently can be profitable just from the trade show business alone. Without competition from the Wildcats, this will increase availability for the Coliseum on the trade show circuit. The Coliseum is the largest trade show space in the region and is highly sought after.

Apparently they are going to keep the ice plant and allow use of the rink in the wintertime for things like ringette and women's hockey.

They have however given the NBL Magic the heave ho (much to their chagrine). The team had hoped to avoid the increased rents at the events centre.

Finally, they are looking at selling off about half of the current parking area, for commercial ventures fronting on Killam and for residential in behind.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The Coliseum apparently can be profitable just from the trade show business alone. Without competition from the Wildcats, this will increase availability for the Coliseum on the trade show circuit. The Coliseum is the largest trade show space in the region and is highly sought after.

Finally, they are looking at selling off about half of the current parking area, for commercial ventures fronting on Killam and for residential in behind.
Hmmmmm, could be a good spot for a small motel to service the MID/Coliseum.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2018, 6:49 PM

There where city trucks in the Colisium Parking lot, and it looks like they where mesuring out section on the corner of Killam, and Worthington. Does anybody know how many lots they plan on deviding out of that area cause they seem to be mesuring out all the way to the backyards of the homes on Pellerin.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2018, 10:24 AM

Work with heavy machinery to clear the land has begun off Gorge next to the Impact Church. Presumably this will be some kind of multi tenant residential, not sure what else could go there. Crossing my fingers it'll result in removal of the ATV trail back there as it's loud being close to residential.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2018, 1:32 PM

There is a new daycare centre that looks like it will soon be open at the 200th block of Ryan Street. It's just a few building down from the Ryan Street Hildergard intersection.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2018, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
Work with heavy machinery to clear the land has begun off Gorge next to the Impact Church. Presumably this will be some kind of multi tenant residential, not sure what else could go there. Crossing my fingers it'll result in removal of the ATV trail back there as it's loud being close to residential.
As a fanatical ATVer I'd like to apologize for that idiot on his loud bike who goes by almost every evening. He must have a girlfriend in Magnetic Hill or something. Friggin' jerk rides beside the TCH almost every evening from the Harrisville area all the way to, apparently, somewhere west of |Gorge, skirting homes all the way there and back.
There is no pleasure riding an ATV beside a four lane highway, so I can only conclude he has some sort of job or activity west of Moncton every friggin' day.
I've sat at the \Elmwood Dairy Queen a few times in the evening trying to have a polite word with him about his heavy thumb on the throttle and loud exhaust in residential areas giving us bikers a very bad name, but to no avail.
So far anyway.

Back on topic, I thought that digging at the Gorge was to put in sidewalks and perhaps road widening, no?

Old Posted Jun 27, 2018, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
As a fanatical ATVer I'd like to apologize for that idiot on his loud bike who goes by almost every evening. He must have a girlfriend in Magnetic Hill or something. Friggin' jerk rides beside the TCH almost every evening from the Harrisville area all the way to, apparently, somewhere west of |Gorge, skirting homes all the way there and back.
There is no pleasure riding an ATV beside a four lane highway, so I can only conclude he has some sort of job or activity west of Moncton every friggin' day.
I've sat at the \Elmwood Dairy Queen a few times in the evening trying to have a polite word with him about his heavy thumb on the throttle and loud exhaust in residential areas giving us bikers a very bad name, but to no avail.
So far anyway.
It's the few riders that act like this that give the rest of us responsible riders a bad reputation. There are provincial laws about loud custom exhausts on ATVs. Unfortunately, there are not enough officers to enforce it.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2018, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrhardt View Post
It's the few riders that act like this that give the rest of us responsible riders a bad reputation. There are provincial laws about loud custom exhausts on ATVs. Unfortunately, there are not enough officers to enforce it.
I was asking someone about that this morning actually. To be honest it hasn't been as bad this non-existent Spring and late Summer but like you say, there's always one guy out there ruining it for everyone.

And L'Homard, this is definitely not just sidewalks. I was sitting out back and the sounds reminds me of the beginning of the Terminator. I'm just waiting on the machines to crash through the woods.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2018, 10:17 AM

Call Arnold Schwarzeneggee!

Old Posted Jun 30, 2018, 1:02 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

RKB KOZY Quilts are opening a physical retail location at the Shoppes at Hastings Ridge on Mountain Road.

https://www.facebook.com/RKBKOZYQUIL...n=group_dialog
https://rkbkozyquilts.com

The store will sell lamps, night lights, soaps and some gifts in addition to quilts, duvets, pillows and bedding.

With this opening, Hastings Ridge returns to full occupancy.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 7:00 AM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Holiday Inn Express on Mapleton Rd opened on Friday

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 1:37 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
This is the land in question that has been cleared (on the NW corner of the TCH/Gorge interchange, basically surrounding the City Impact Church.

According to the SNB Property Assessment website, this land was sold on April 3rd of this year for $950,000. No indication as to whom the land was sold to. FWIW, there is no physical connection (or plans for physical connection) to the adjacent Mountain Woods subdivision. The current zoning for this property is highway commercial

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jul 2, 2018 at 1:56 PM.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrhardt View Post
Out on the trails today I Noticed there where RCMP. Got asked for all the paperwork, and sent back on my way no tickets. But hit an open area, and there where a bunch all got pulled off, and must have gotten ticketed. Not sure the amount but I'm sure it was quite painfull to there wallets. (This is from the explicits that here being used) at least 1 Arested his buddy jump off the back of one quad, and onto his so police never confiscated. But not sure if the arest had to do with the modded exaust (it was deff modded) or... Something else. He was either drunk, or high.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 9:35 PM

Stupid question. Does modified exhaust do anything other than make more noise?

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 11:05 PM

Hi performance race machines at times require a modified exhaust.
About 99.999 per cent of loud mufflers in NB exist purely to make noise, from what I've seen.
I don't get it. I'll never be one of the cool kids I guess.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Stupid question. Does modified exhaust do anything other than make more noise?
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
Hi performance race machines at times require a modified exhaust.
About 99.999 per cent of loud mufflers in NB exist purely to make noise, from what I've seen.
I don't get it. I'll never be one of the cool kids I guess.
Agree with L'homard here. In NB, and most of Canada really majority of these mufflers are just to make as much noise as posible. Also people seem to put them on there Civics, or any other compact car to make it sound meaner then it is. But Don't tell the people they pull up next to, and try to intimidate. (Every person with a classic car that was actually built for speed.)

Old Posted Jul 9, 2018, 10:11 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Things are beginning to move along quite quickly at the Mapleton/TCH interchange as they begin to widen Mapleton Road under the TCH overpass. I'm not sure if the current work will include aligning the Mapleton/Northwood/Queensway intersection or not.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 8:48 PM

Signs up on Gorge next to the church, it's an Ambulance depot... right in my backyard

I guess there's some kind of rules about when they turn on sirens? I'm not sure but maybe MonctonRad can fill in the blanks even though it's not your end of the hospital

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 12:11 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Signs up on Gorge next to the church, it's an Ambulance depot... right in my backyard

I guess there's some kind of rules about when they turn on sirens? I'm not sure but maybe MonctonRad can fill in the blanks even though it's not your end of the hospital
Not to worry about the new ambulance base next to your house.

When the ambulances roll out of the ambulance bay at the Moncton Hospital on their way to a call, they will have their lights flashing, but generally don't turn on the siren until they need to (generally the MacBeath/Connaught intersection.

Of course, the new ambulance depot will occupy only a small portion of the lot. I think you should worry about the 24 hour truck stop that will occupy the remainder of the lot.

(just kidding).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces