HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Nov 20, 2012, 1:56 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Old Posted Nov 22, 2012, 1:42 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Old Posted Nov 23, 2012, 6:35 AM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
November 22, 2012

Fortis Place and 351 by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr
Great photos Signal. Are you able to estimate which is taller, Scotia Centre or 351 (including the penthouses)? Is there a straight on angle midway between the two you can get which makes such a comparison possible? From this angle Scotia Centre looks taller.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architype View Post
Great photos Signal. Are you able to estimate which is taller, Scotia Centre or 351 (including the penthouses)? Is there a straight on angle midway between the two you can get which makes such a comparison possible? From this angle Scotia Centre looks taller.
I read somewhere that Scotia Centre is 50m tall which would make it about 3m taller than 351. However, I can't confirm the accuracy of the height.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2012, 1:23 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

November 23, 2012

St. John's Grit by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

Old Posted Nov 23, 2012, 1:24 PM

True. Scotia Centre sits at 50m, whereas 351 is just slightly below that at around 46-48m. Really the height difference between the two buildings will be unnoticeable

Old Posted Nov 23, 2012, 10:12 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

351 is going to be Class A office space, obviously, right?

Old Posted Nov 23, 2012, 10:22 PM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
True. Scotia Centre sits at 50m, whereas 351 is just slightly below that at around 46-48m. Really the height difference between the two buildings will be unnoticeable
I think they are closer to being the same, around 47 m. That's why I asked if there is a perceptable difference. ^ It will be class A.

I noticed somehwhere TD was listed as only class B, maybe it will go to class A after the renovations.

Quote:
November 23, 2012

St. John's Grit by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr
That is a most interesting urban grit view which will include the Mix as well.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2012, 9:25 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

November 24, 2012

I just want to publicly thank East Port Properties for this opportunity. They made me feel so welcome, and so special. It was truly a wonderful experience even beyond the fantastic views I was able to enjoy.

Have a look at what 351 Water Street has to offer businesses that wish to establish offices in St. John's:

Parkade of 351 Water Street by East Port Properties by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

Parkade of 351 Water Street by East Port Properties by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

Parkade of 351 Water Street by East Port Propertiester Street by East Port Properties by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

Office Floor 1 of 351 Water Street by East Port Properties by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

Office Floor 1 of 351 Water Street by East Port Properties by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

Office Floor 2 of 351 Water Street by East Port Properties by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

Office Floor 2 of 351 Water Street by East Port Properties by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

Office Floor 3 of 351 Water Street by East Port Properties by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

Office Floor 3 of 351 Water Street by East Port Properties by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

Office Floor 4 of 351 Water Street by East Port Properties by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

Office Floor 4 of 351 Water Street by East Port Properties by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

Office Floor 5 of 351 Water Street by East Port Properties by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

Office Floor 5 of 351 Water Street by East Port Properties by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

Office Floor 6 at 351 Water Street by East Port Properties by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

Office Floor 6 at 351 Water Street by East Port Properties by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

Old Posted Nov 24, 2012, 9:38 PM

Congrats again on getting hired by east port properties! They picked the right man for the job! I love all those shots! 351 will truly offer some of the best views in the city. I love the shots looking out towards the delta/cabot complex, especially those through windows. It creates such an urban feeling! These pictures will also look much better when Fortis is finished!

Speaking of Fortis.. Maybe with a recommendation from east-port properties, you could present your portfolio to Fortis in a few months when it`s closer to completion! When they see the quality of your work, hey might like to hire you to do the same thing. You never know!

But great shots today! It's nice to see the city in a different way than anybody (except the construction workers) has seen before. It will be a great place to have an office in! I'm glad you were given the opportunity to do this, one that will no doubt open doors for you in the future!

Old Posted Nov 24, 2012, 9:41 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Townie709 View Post
Congrats again on getting hired by east port properties! They picked the right man for the job! I love all those shots! 351 will truly offer some of the best views in the city. I love the shots looking out towards the delta/cabot complex, especially those through windows. It creates such an urban feeling! These pictures will also look much better when Fortis is finished!

Speaking of Fortis.. Maybe with a recommendation from east-port properties, you could present your portfolio to Fortis in a few months when it`s closer to completion! When they see the quality of your work, hey might like to hire you to do the same thing. You never know!

But great shots today! It's nice to see the city in a different way than anybody (except the construction workers) has seen before. It will be a great place to have an office in! I'm glad you were given the opportunity to do this, one that will no doubt open doors for you in the future!
Mom? Get off SSP!

Wow, Townie. Thank you VERY much. I appreciate it more than you know.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2012, 12:55 AM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

Congrats at capturing those never before seen views. You did a fantastic job !

Old Posted Nov 25, 2012, 1:17 AM

Awesome Pictures!!!!!

It actually seems higher than 12 storeys when on the top floor.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2012, 10:52 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Thanks, all! I went back today for a few more because I wanted them to have harbour views not obscured by fog.

November 25, 2012

View from Parkade of 351 Water Street by East Port Properties by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

View from Parkade of 351 Water Street by East Port Properties by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

View from 351 Water Street by East Port Properties by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

View from 351 Water Street by East Port Properties by Signal Hill Hiker Photos, on Flickr

Last edited by SignalHillHiker; Nov 26, 2012 at 11:25 PM.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2012, 11:55 AM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Old Posted Nov 28, 2012, 8:58 PM

omg are the corners curved!!??? it looks great!! I cannot wait to see the full thing!

Old Posted Nov 28, 2012, 9:15 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Nope, they're not curved. But the reflections do make a cool effect - especially since only some of the corner have those grey panels. Very... iceberg... and something that didn't come across in the renders because that didn't account for the reflections.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2012, 9:58 PM

Quote:

Nope, they're not curved. But the reflections do make a cool effect - especially since only some of the corner have those grey panels. Very... iceberg... and something that didn't come across in the renders because that didn't account for the reflections.
OHH i see it now! cant wait to see what it will finally look like!

Old Posted Nov 28, 2012, 10:16 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Me either. This iceberg effect is just... I am in love now. I am now 100% thrilled and proud of this building. Such a beautiful addition to St. John's.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Me either. This iceberg effect is just... I am in love now. I am now 100% thrilled and proud of this building. Such a beautiful addition to St. John's.
It took you this long?? Even Shannie Duff realized that over a year ago!

But I know what you mean the render really doesn't show off the glass very well. It makes it look all blue, when if fact it is mostly shades of white and grey. I think this is one of those rare times when the finished product looks better than the render!

Until I saw that shot, I was a little unsure if I would love it as I really only saw the three story column of windows facing water street east. But after seeing the different tones in the corners and stuff, it looks spectacular! Funny you should mention iceberg, because that's the first thing that pooped into my mind when I saw the picture!

If the office portion looks this good, I can't wait to see the result of the parking garage! All I can say is they better get those windows on soon if they want to steadily work through the winter without snow getting into the offices! I wonder why it takes so long. My guess is that they are not in. I always imagined to install them, you just pop the windows in with a bit of glue or something,haha. I know it must be much harder work than that. I would love for our friend who works putting the windows in at 351 to enlighten me on the process of how it's done if he wouldn't mind

But I agree, 351 is a spectacular addition to our city and I look forward to seeing it finished in the coming months

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's