HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Hotel Indigo/Holiday Inn Express in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Austin Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Oct 16, 2016, 2:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
Yelpers have taken note of the location:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/hotel-indigo-austin
You would think.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2016, 2:53 AM
クラブトクヨ

So the hotel sucks on the inside also?

Old Posted Oct 16, 2016, 2:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubtokyo View Post
So the hotel sucks on the inside also?
I take Yelp and any online reviews with a grain of salt because angry people are always more motivated to post reviews than people with neutral and positive reviews. But this hotel does seem worse than normal per the reviews.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2016, 3:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
I take Yelp and any online reviews with a grain of salt because angry people are always more motivated to post reviews than people with neutral and positive reviews. But this hotel does seem worse than normal per the reviews.
Staff was great, staff sucked, room was great, room sucked, even when buying a product, the reviews can be hit and miss. I recently made a purchased against the advise of the majority of the reviews, for the price point, and I think I got a good value and product for what I paid.
I say ignore the 1 to 2 star reviews as well as the 5 stars. Most of the whiners could have had a better experience in higher end hotels in town, but they expect steak on a hamburger budget. As far as the bad review because of our homeless folk, I would say to that person, "Don't get out much, do ya?!" I've encountered homeless in every big city I've been to, expecially Washington DC. where they seemed to be everywhere you wanted to be. They are and always will be part of the landscape. There is a homeless camp next to the Sleep Inn in Wellsbranch, and guests there encounter homeless people. They are everywhere.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2016, 11:39 AM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post

Staff was great, staff sucked, room was great, room sucked, even when buying a product, the reviews can be hit and miss. I recently made a purchased against the advise of the majority of the reviews, for the price point, and I think I got a good value and product for what I paid.
I say ignore the 1 to 2 star reviews as well as the 5 stars. Most of the whiners could have had a better experience in higher end hotels in town, but they expect steak on a hamburger budget. As far as the bad review because of our homeless folk, I would say to that person, "Don't get out much, do ya?!" I've encountered homeless in every big city I've been to, expecially Washington DC. where they seemed to be everywhere you wanted to be. They are and always will be part of the landscape. There is a homeless camp next to the Sleep Inn in Wellsbranch, and guests there encounter homeless people. They are everywhere.

That, and the vast majority of homeless people are not dangerous nor are they unfriendly. If people get out of their bubbles, they'll realize that they don't need to immediately fear someone based on their appearance (but there's another, potentially long and off-topic, discussion there).

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 8:01 PM

Looks like it's getting a new paint job. Must be trying to keep up with the Homewood Suites.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2018, 6:55 AM
World Traveler

Odd, but better than Homewood Suites.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2018, 2:37 PM

Happy to see the effort.... that was one Plain building.....

Old Posted Aug 2, 2018, 7:56 PM

Well, at least it is actually indigo now....

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin