HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jun 7, 2014, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post
http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-...ctice-facility

This is a good thing for the Sixers.
How? This is basically moving management and back office jobs of the sixers out of the city and into New Jersey.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2014, 1:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks native View Post
Renders: Interface Studio
Could they have picked anything uglier to put there? Yellow and off-white? Seriously, this is the one of the worst designs I've ever seen.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2014, 9:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post
http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-...ctice-facility

This is a good thing for the Sixers.

No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPhilly View Post
Could they have picked anything uglier to put there? Yellow and off-white? Seriously, this is the one of the worst designs I've ever seen.
....and no.

I quite like it and the townhomes across the street is far worse.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2014, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
How? This is basically moving management and back office jobs of the sixers out of the city and into New Jersey.
True, and I know. But the Sixers desperately needed a practice facility and they needed it ASAP. Camden stepped up to the plate. Sixers did what they had to do. Free agents love those fancy practice facilities. The City could've been working on a site with the Sixers, but they couldn't work it out - not sure what happened with the Navy Yard site. Oh well, I dont blame the Sixers at all.

The Flyers practice in Voorhees, it's not that big a deal really.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2014, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by relnahe View Post
....and no.

I quite like it and the townhomes across the street is far worse.
Well I hate it . It already looks dated, imagine this thing in 10 years. I much prefer brick in this neighborhood and detest the color yellow. This thing would fit in great in the early 70's.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2014, 3:44 PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but google maps street view now has a "time travel" type button where you can view images back from previous years.... looks like the oldest go back to around 2007.... could be a cool tool to check out some changing neighborhoods and the progress over time.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2014, 9:46 PM

6/9

15th and Walnut:

Mormon Temple:

Old Posted Jun 10, 2014, 11:34 PM

Old Posted Jun 11, 2014, 5:43 PM

Real estate firms investing in east end of Center City

Old Posted Jun 11, 2014, 10:47 PM

Kensington

Rendering via Star/NKCDC

The dilapidated five-story warehouse located at the intersection of Ruth and Somerset Streets dates back to the late 1800s and will be renamed the Orinoka Mills Complex.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2014, 6:13 PM

AQ Rittenhouse. Crane going up!

Old Posted Jun 14, 2014, 8:55 PM

Anyone know if a cheap, easy to use alternative to PhotoShop? I'm getting anxious about all these proposals. I'd love to play around with what the skyline's going to look like in about ten years. This building boom almost seems bigger than the one ten years ago.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatonian View Post
Anyone know if a cheap, easy to use alternative to PhotoShop? I'm getting anxious about all these proposals. I'd love to play around with what the skyline's going to look like in about ten years. This building boom almost seems bigger than the one ten years ago.
Yeah, it does. Good point. So, I wonder: Is it just Philadelphia?

Old Posted Jun 15, 2014, 2:11 AM

Quote:
Yeah, it does. Good point. So, I wonder: Is it just Philadelphia?
NY, LA, and Chicago are still brazenly building, but they always have. A lot of cities though seem to be struggling to fill the buildings they never should have built. Namely Phoenix, Las Vegas, and Miami. And cities like Portland and Seattle seem to have plateaued.

I started thinking about it when the PCC relaxed its rules. It's already making headlines in the event planning industry and hotels are undoubtedly coming.

It's actually pretty exciting if you think of the possibilities. The downtown location of the PCC is already better than nearby convention centers in comparable cities like D.C. and Baltimore. Conventioneers love the PCC, the only thing they hated were the rules. New Market East development is going to make it even better.

Two decades in, the PCC could become the game changer the state thought it would be. We could easily own the NE convention market, even giving New York a run for its money.

I wish there was an emoticon for gushingly optimistic

Old Posted Jun 15, 2014, 4:38 AM

Gallery Gutting, elevator shafts are gone:

Old Posted Jun 15, 2014, 1:51 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatonian View Post
pixlr.com

I used it to make that CITC rendering I posted awhile back

Old Posted Jun 15, 2014, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaamazarite View Post
pixlr.com

I used it to make that CITC rendering I posted awhile back
Oh sweet. I didn't realize you could do more than basically add filters to stuff on Pixlr. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2014, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowbat2 View Post
Gallery Gutting, elevator shafts are gone:
Wow! Is this the part where Strawbridges used to be? I can't wrap my head around the location.

On a related note - and I hate to admit this - but I'm actually starting to miss Kmart. I need a new AC unit and my car died, so I have no way to get one. I hope Center City gets another discount department store. Not necessarily something as dreary at that Kmart, but perhaps a Target. Zip Cars are great, but they're not an answer to pedestrianization. I'd like to be able to walk my granny cart somewhere and pick up the kind of stuff not sold at CVS and Rite Aid.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2014, 7:56 PM

Yeah that's the little atrium area looking towards the former Strawbridges (this was taken through the glass at 9th Street, they always paint it over but the paint gets peeled away) haha.

Quote:
On a related note - and I hate to admit this - but I'm actually starting to miss Kmart. I need a new AC unit and my car died, so I have no way to get one. I hope Center City gets another discount department store. Not necessarily something as dreary at that Kmart, but perhaps a Target. Zip Cars are great, but they're not an answer to pedestrianization. I'd like to be able to walk my granny cart somewhere and pick up the kind of stuff not sold at CVS and Rite Aid.
Kmart was my place to go for steel toed boots (for work) and they had some pretty good black friday deals last year. I too kind of miss it/not miss it if you know what I mean....

I kept hearing there was a deal for a Target in the Girard (East Market) development (a "standard" store, not a City Target) Early renderings showed the bullseye logo as well. Doubt they are part of the plans though now judging by the latest renderings....

Old Posted Jun 15, 2014, 8:21 PM

Quote:

Rendering via Star/NKCDC

The dilapidated five-story warehouse located at the intersection of Ruth and Somerset Streets dates back to the late 1800s and will be renamed the Orinoka Mills Complex.
My oh my....hoping against hope that they manage to pull this off. This will work wonders in so many ways for that area....

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development