HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 19, 2014, 1:45 AM

Wow. It's about to start making a real impact on the skyline. Not much longer befor this thing is the number one topic of discussion throughout town. Anyone care to guess how long before it overtakes One57? Can't be too long now. Only a couple hundred feet right? Looks like she will overtake Bloomberg within the month or so

Old Posted Feb 19, 2014, 2:54 AM

Awesome work by NY Guy. Thanks a lot.

In NY Guy's last pic, we can see a suggestion if how the concrete color, the window reflections and the proportions will lend an elegant air to this tower. I think the critics are in for a surprise.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2014, 6:21 AM
An Optimistic Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
It's already the second tallest building in this photo and will become the tallest in a couple of weeks.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2014, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd3189 View Post
It's already the second tallest building in this photo and will become the tallest in a couple of weeks.
^ What is that buff colored tower west of Trump Tower in that picture above? I don't know why I've never noticed it before.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2014, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.John View Post
probably been asked before... are they using the same 16,000 psi concrete as WTC1?
1 WTC used 14,000 - 8,600 psi concrete (cured strength reached 18,000 psi). I believe this tower uses mostly 12,000 psi concrete. So similar, but not exactly the same mix.
Source

Old Posted Feb 20, 2014, 12:42 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyr View Post
^ What is that buff colored tower west of Trump Tower in that picture above? I don't know why I've never noticed it before.
712 5th Ave

http://www.paramount-group.com/properties/712fifth/

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2014, 4:39 AM
Legos,Buildings,Drawing

Quote:

Thank you, I really need this for my lego model

Old Posted Feb 20, 2014, 1:24 PM
Urban Explorer

Quote:
Punched square openings are so original, they said. So pure. Never been done before, they said. The concrete and punches will look good when finished, they said.

Except they don't.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2014, 3:47 PM

About the mechanical floors : the renders show the 2 floor "mechanical" floors as being open, with the circular center, but looking rather wide open. I would expect that doesn't leave much room for the "mechanicals". Can they fit all ness. mechanicals in that space ?? What exactly do they need on these floors ??? Gotta be a lot of pumps, elec relays??? air handling ???

Old Posted Feb 20, 2014, 5:41 PM

i was just thinking the exact same thing the other day.. surely they cant fit all the "mechanical" stuff in the space created between the core and the circular thing.. but maybe they can

Old Posted Feb 20, 2014, 9:48 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gttx View Post
Punched square openings are so original, they said. So pure. Never been done before, they said. The concrete and punches will look good when finished, they said.

Except they don't.
I don't know which building you are referring to, but I hope you are comparing the two to make judgment of the one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Dweller View Post
About the mechanical floors : the renders show the 2 floor "mechanical" floors as being open, with the circular center, but looking rather wide open. I would expect that doesn't leave much room for the "mechanicals". Can they fit all ness. mechanicals in that space ?? What exactly do they need on these floors ??? Gotta be a lot of pumps, elec relays??? air handling ???
Professionals are at work here. Relax.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2014, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Dweller View Post
Answer removed.

Last edited by sbarn; Feb 22, 2014 at 3:25 PM. Reason: Due to unnecessary editing by moderator.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2014, 6:11 PM

I agree, valid questions deserve valid answers. If you don't have one then don't post something useless.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2014, 6:17 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

As of February 20th, 2014...

©jerrickh on Instagram

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Feb 21, 2014, 6:32 PM

Get back on topic guys...i dont wanna have to clean up this thread, As for NYguy and Crawford its best not to criticize them. SSP wouldnt be as great without them...for future reference if anyone has a question not related to a specific structure just PM and ill try to answer it to the best of my ability.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Feb 21, 2014, 7:11 PM
DENNAB

Is the cement going to be covered with any kind of finish or cladding or will it just be bare?

Old Posted Feb 21, 2014, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Thanks!

Old Posted Feb 21, 2014, 9:25 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

New York YIMBY:

Construction Update: 432 Park Avenue
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON FEBRUARY 21ST 2014 AT 3:00 PM

Quote:
432 Park Avenue has continued its rapid ascent, and the core now stands over 750 feet above 57th Street; the tower now stands among the twenty tallest buildings in New York City.

Viewed from Central Park — photo via Andrew McKeon

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Feb 21, 2014, 10:59 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
Get back on topic guys...i dont wanna have to clean up this thread, As for NYguy and Crawford its best not to criticize them. SSP wouldnt be as great without them...
Of course not...

As far as staying on topic, they need a stern reminder every now & then.

Video Link

Old Posted Feb 21, 2014, 11:14 PM

courtesy HP Photo image.

Not sure if my image is inserted properly, but the photo is The Society Hill Towers in Philadelphia. For some reason, 432 has been reminding me of these 3 towers. Just to think, even if you stacked the 3 towers on top of each other, it still wouldn't be as TALL! I actually did a window count on the Society Hill Towers. On the one side, it is 18 windows wide. But if you made the windows as high and as wide as 432's, a 3 window wide to 1 ratio, and a 2 window tall to 1 ratio. and it would only fit the six that is now present in 432's. Did anyone follow that at all? No, I'm not hallucinating!
I just find this building so Amazing! (I have got to start playing the powerball lottery!)

Last edited by SkyscrapersOfNewYork; Feb 22, 2014 at 12:46 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive