HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 1:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Updated leasing plan for the Champlain Plaza in Dieppe.

1) - This confirms that Skyzone trampoline park will occupy units 13-16, with a floor space of over 23,000 sq ft.
2) - They still show Mary Brown's in unit 19, even though the windows of the unit remain papered over. I can only assume that the Mary Brown's continues to pay the lease while continuing to look for a new local franchisee.

In any even, Champlain Plaza is (at present) fully leased.
The brown paper is off the windows at Mary Brown's in the Champlain plaza. Work is happening inside to prepare for its possible reopening soon.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2016, 12:27 PM

Mary Browns has reopened

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 1:15 PM

Not sure where this would below as it's on the stretch of Hwy 15 between the traffic circle and the Dieppe Blvd exit. I guess it depends on if the highway is part of Moncton or Dieppe.

Anyways, anyone notice on the lanes towards Shediac they are clearing trees along there behind the houses? Not sure why they would be doing that unless they are going to put up a sound wall or something like that.

Additionally, further up they have stakes in the ground placed almost like they are going to put in an off ramp there into the Industrial park. They start along side the highway and then veer off into the trees. It looks to line up with the road in the Industrial park that comes out at the lights.

It's not a bad idea at least where I commute it would bypass the entire heavy traffic area along Champlain and avoid having to work my way back down Champlain from Dieppe Blvd.

I didn't see anyone mention this yet so I figured I would see what people though as I am sure some of you commute that way and have seen it.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 1:45 PM

Dieppe has had plans for some time for the future to have access/eggress to/from the old section of the industrial park to Route 15. Sounds like they are doing some preliminary work for this. I don't recall the city ever stating an actual date that they plan to do this but maybe someone else can remember a date or deadline.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 7:23 PM

I don't recall anything announced but there 100% is plans for an overpass & ramps on the east side of it.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 10:39 PM
I have no Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I don't recall anything announced but there 100% is plans for an overpass & ramps on the east side of it.
does it match up with the following link? scroll down to the very bottom map Annex A-2

http://www.dieppe.ca/en/servicesmuni...opmentplan.pdf

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie75 View Post
does it match up with the following link? scroll down to the very bottom map Annex A-2

http://www.dieppe.ca/en/servicesmuni...opmentplan.pdf
There seems to be only half of the on/off ramp to reach the other half of Dieppe's Industrial park.

Does this mean Dieppe was Denied Annexing of Painsec Junction, or are they planning to do the work in sections like the Airport on/off ramps, and overpass...

I will point out the still have the overpass, and on/of ram on the north side of route 15 into the airport so that is a plus.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2016, 12:31 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Rather than download a multiMB pdf, and scrolling to the bottom of a 150 page document, I give you this:

This shows the entire wish list of interchange connectors that Dieppe wants over the next couple of decades.

1) - a connection from Industrielle (Thomas/Centrale) to Veterans Highway. This would appear not to connect to the Lewisville portion of Moncton, and consists of an overpass with an outbound off ramp and an inbound on ramp. I'm not sure why the other ramps are not included.
2) - an upgrade to the Dieppe/Harrisville Blvd interchange with Veterans Highway (most necessary - the interchange is clogged now. Image what it would be like if Costco moves to Harrisville!!!)
3) - completion of the Airport interchange, complete with an overpass and new inbound on and off ramps
4) - A new exit onto the TCH from the Airport Industrial Park. Curiously, the document only shows eastbound off and on ramps and no overpass. I don't know whats up with this.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2016, 12:34 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

They have begun work on the fourth (and final) floor of the Wingate Dieppe Hotel.

If I get a chance this weekend, I'll snap a photo.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2016, 12:44 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Structural steel is going up for the new Swiss Chalet/Harvey's combo at Champlain & Paul

source: https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...9f&oe=586EA844

Old Posted Sep 30, 2016, 1:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Rather than download a multiMB pdf, and scrolling to the bottom of a 150 page document, I give you this:

This shows the entire wish list of interchange connectors that Dieppe wants over the next couple of decades.

1) - a connection from Industrielle (Thomas/Centrale) to Veterans Highway. This would appear not to connect to the Lewisville portion of Moncton, and consists of an overpass with an outbound off ramp and an inbound on ramp. I'm not sure why the other ramps are not included.
2) - an upgrade to the Dieppe/Harrisville Blvd interchange with Veterans Highway (most necessary - the interchange is clogged now. Image what it would be like if Costco moves to Harrisville!!!)
3) - completion of the Airport interchange, complete with an overpass and new inbound on and off ramps
4) - A new exit onto the TCH from the Airport Industrial Park. Curiously, the document only shows eastbound off and on ramps and no overpass. I don't know whats up with this.
Thanks for posting, this is the document I was referring too. I don't know why there is no ramps on the west side of the overpass though.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2016, 8:05 AM

Posted by District Francophone Sud

Old Posted Sep 30, 2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
2 things
1. If the school is planned to only be 50 Classrooms that's what it looks like it will be. They will have to build a new school not long after that, and there is still no new school in Moncton to try, and spread that load more evenly yet.

2. It looks like the "schools" have separate entrances but share a centrally located Library, Cafeteria, Gym, and stage that can be seen from both the Cafeteria, and Gym.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2016, 5:14 PM

Steel, and wood framing is starting to go up at the Swiss Chalet/Harvey's Restaurant.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2016, 11:46 PM
Random Contributor

Congrats to Malley Industries.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...ance-1.3786098

Supplying ambulances from Dieppe to US market.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2016, 3:23 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Photos from around downtown Dieppe from today, concentrating on the Wingate Dieppe Hotel (and the VimSoft Building).

In this last photo, you can see that they are doing some site prep work for the new skating oval.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2016, 3:58 PM

I'd say the ramps off Industrielle are primarily for people coming north from Thomas and commuting to Moncton - and not so much for freight coming from the industrial park itself.

Not only will Thomas be less clogged, but ramps on Industrielle would relieve Dieppe and Amirault/Acadie too.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2016, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTBourque View Post
I'd say the ramps off Industrielle are primarily for people coming north from Thomas and commuting to Moncton - and not so much for freight coming from the industrial park itself.

Not only will Thomas be less clogged, but ramps on Industrielle would relieve Dieppe and Amirault/Acadie too.
I was just thinking if there was an east bound off ramp, that would relieve quite a lot of traffic from Dieppe Blvd.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2016, 6:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I was just thinking if there was an east bound off ramp, that would relieve quite a lot of traffic from Dieppe Blvd.
According to a few friends of mine who work for the city of Dieppe, and a few who work for the city of Moncton. Residents in the area have brought a few issues to the attention of both cities, and the province.

These are apparently revised plans for the on/off ramps

Personally I would not see it having a negative impact on existing residents on the Moncton side if they copied the on, and off ramps for traffic going into the opposite direction. It might be for residents of Devarenne Street in Dieppe because it seems like there going to have them turn onto there, and make there way onto a new street to Gauvin road to then cross over to Lafrance, and then onto Industrielle to make there way to the new on/off ramps. Also it might be a negative for the developers of Blanchard, and Danny Street. since this new planned street is going to split the development in 2, and potentially cause more traffic for that small quiet development.

Also heard it in the grape vine there is supposed to be another residential development built off Thomas Street potentially having 60-70 residents.
My personal Guess would be between Thadee, and Merlot with the potential of 2 entrances/Exits 1 between 164-170 Thomas, and the other is the trail between 178-186 Thomas.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2016, 3:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Current status of the new Tri Star Mercedes dealership on Aviation Avenue:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces