HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Aug 8, 2016, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
This is even worse than the original rendering.

Barely better than a parking lot
I wonder if this is from the same architect as the Atlanta City Detention Center.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2016, 5:03 PM

Some more NCR Phase 2 renderings

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post

And higher-res of the others

Old Posted Aug 10, 2016, 6:24 PM

that works! very nice. any workd on a possible timeline for phase 2? im guessing a few years out

Old Posted Aug 10, 2016, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forj View Post
that works! very nice. any workd on a possible timeline for phase 2? im guessing a few years out
The plan is for phase 2 to open in Q1 2019 so it will probably have to begin construction sometime in 2017.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2016, 5:36 PM

that would be good.. quicker than i would have imagined. Man midtown is just going off these days

Old Posted Aug 12, 2016, 1:47 PM

High-end housing planned for GSU

Quote:
An $80 million student housing tower is planned for downtown Atlanta as Georgia State University continues to grow its enrollment, creating more demand for apartments in the city's core.
Atlanta-based South City Partners has submitted a proposal for a 26-story tower at the corner of Piedmont and John Wesley Dobbs avenues.
Called '120 Piedmont,' the project will offer 650 beds of off-campus housing, arranged in 228 units with one to four bedrooms.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...slideshow.html

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Aug 12, 2016 at 9:09 PM.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2016, 9:21 PM

This will be the tallest building built downtown since Twelve Centennial. This is a nice project for downtown. I wonder if circular thingy on the corner is actually a part a plan to redevelop the gas station or is it just artistic license by the rendering artist.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2016, 5:03 AM

yeah, this is right in the middle of a sea of very short buildings on the east side of downtown. by itself should add some noticeable dimension to downtown's skyline.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
This will be the tallest building built downtown since Twelve Centennial. This is a nice project for downtown. I wonder if circular thingy on the corner is actually a part a plan to redevelop the gas station or is it just artistic license by the rendering artist.

It was mentioned in the article that the gas station would be redesigned.

Something that I noticed is that this project will be zero-lot-lined which seems to almost NEVER happen in Midtown. Why is that?

Old Posted Aug 14, 2016, 3:41 PM

Quote:
Something that I noticed is that this project will be zero-lot-lined which seems to almost NEVER happen in Midtown. Why is that?
What do you mean? I can't think of a single project from the last 20 years that doesn't have street frontage.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2016, 4:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
What do you mean? I can't think of a single project from the last 20 years that doesn't have street frontage.
Zero lot lined refers to the property line between neighboring lots, not the street frontage. You can see in the above rendering that this building is directly against an adjacent building on the same block.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 11:31 AM

$110 million-plus data center planned for Midtown's Coda office tower

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...-midtowns.html
Quote:
The 90,000 square foot data center will account for about a third of the cost of the proposed $350 million Coda mixed-use development. The server farm will be managed and operated by Next Tier, HD, a New York-based data center developer and operator. The data center — the heart of the 25-story Coda mixed-use tower — will cost more than $110 million and deliver about 9,000 kilowatts of critical power and cooling, according to a filing with Invest Atlanta.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Aug 15, 2016 at 9:27 PM.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 5:04 PM

Quote:
This is a huge project for Midtown but I can't help but feel like the design could be so much better. Maybe it'll turn great and the "outdoor living room" will be as lively as it's depicted in the renderings but I have my doubts.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 3:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaMustang View Post
Zero lot lined refers to the property line between neighboring lots, not the street frontage. You can see in the above rendering that this building is directly against an adjacent building on the same block.
If that's the case, I think the answer would be that Midtown generally only has one development per block... in areas where there are more, there's usually just an alley in between.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 3:53 PM

Mill Creek to start 400-unit Modera by Mill Creek-Buckhead

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 4:00 PM

Colony Square Plaza Rendering

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 10:07 PM

I'm really loving Modera's projects in Atlanta. Who would have thought that it was actually possible to cover a parking deck with residential. Bravo!

Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 1:58 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
I'm really loving Modera's projects in Atlanta. Who would have thought that it was actually possible to cover a parking deck with residential. Bravo!
And in Buckhead. I love this project and The Sutton going next to Moderna.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2016, 5:00 PM

Midtown DRC meeting September 13, 2016

Of interest to most people in this week's Midtown DRC meeting will be follow-ups on a couple of proposed towers.
  • FOLLOW-UP: SLS Atlanta Hotel & Residences, Trillist
    Project Type: Proposed 43-story mixed-use tower and podium at the intersection of Crescent Avenue and 13th Street. The proposed project includes 66 condominium units above a 214-key hotel, which sits on a 12-level podium with 400 parking spaces. The main pedestrian entrance is on Crescent Avenue. A central service facility is proposed along 13th Street.

• FOLLOW-UP: 195 Thirteenth Street, Lennar Multifamily Communities
    Project Type: New 27-story multifamily residential project fronting 13th Street will include 307 rental units with lobby, lounge, leasing and mailroom on the street level. Structured parking is provided in an above grade parking deck that is wrapped with residential units on the street-fronting façade and is topped with residential units and a court yard.

• NEW APPLICATION: 1372 Peachtree Street (Office Renovation)
    This project involves core and shell improvements to the existing office building. Proposed scope includes demolition of the Peachtree Street façade, construction of a new full height curtain wall façade, and new exterior egress stair. All existing singlepane ribbon windows along the north and south façades will be replaced. The west façade will be modified to incorporate matching ribbon window glazing. A new semi-enclosed courtyard and landscape area will be created along the Peachtree frontage.

• NEW APPLICATION: 1018 West Peachtree Street, Comcast
    A new switching station is proposed in the middle of the site owned by Comcast. The intent is to construct in two phases, a single-story, concrete masonry enclosure, flat-roof building consisting of approximately 6,500 SF to house an electronic signal processing system. There will be ancillary devices including six emergency generators and approximately ten separate HVAC package units. The new building will be placed behind the existing office/warehouse.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2016, 3:28 PM

NCR confirms plans for second HQ tower

will bring 1,800 new jobs to Midtown

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...ill-bring.html

Quote:
The expansion involves a second tower and 1,800 new tech jobs to Georgia over the next five years. This is in addition to the 3,600 jobs NCR has committed to bring to Midtown. NCR, currently headquartered to Duluth, will invest $145 million in the second tower.

NCR had planned to maintain a presence in Atlanta’s suburbs — the company considered consolidating employees scattered across several suburban buildings into a new 160,000-square-foot office near Avalon in Alpharetta. That deal, which was “very far” along in negotiations, was scrapped a few months ago, a source told Atlanta Business Chronicle in August. The Midtown campus expansion is expected to absorb those employees.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta