HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

350 Mission Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 25, 2008, 7:54 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
Interesting find, BT. Thanks!

Who changed this to 375'? It sure doesn't look that tall in any of the renderings. Not to mention Rem's calculations, which look right to me.
I asked Mark to do it. That height is another "fact" from the leasing brochure:

Quote:
Architectural Overview
Upon completion, 350 Mission will consist of a new Class A 27-story (exclusive of the mechanical penthouse), 375 foot high high-
rise office building ("Office Tower") with over 350,000 square feet of net rentable area.
Source: http://www.350mission.com/views/medi...ission_epk.pdf (page 3)

There's much else of interest in there. Read it guys.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2008, 5:33 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Good advice, I'll check it out. It just doesn't look 75'+ taller than the Blue Shield building in the renderings, but they are just renderings. This is great news to me. That height is a nice middle ground between its various neighbors.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Sep 25, 2008, 7:05 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Reading that pdf (and the rest of the website) has me seriously jazzed about this building. As much as any other proposal in the city, including the Transbay tower. It won't affect the overall skyline at that height, but I think it will do a lot for the street experience in this area.

I noticed there will be 3 levels of underground parking, so they'll be digging for awhile.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Last edited by peanut gallery; Sep 26, 2008 at 5:35 PM.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2008, 6:32 AM

I saw 350 Mission listed as 385 feet tall in the Examiner.
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=1912

Old Posted Sep 26, 2008, 8:28 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFView View Post
I saw 350 Mission listed as 385 feet tall in the Examiner.
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=1912
One more time and then I give up. The DEVELOPER put in the brochure soliciting tenants--which presumably could be the basis of a lawsuit if it contains false or misleading information--that the building will be 375 ft. Now there is one basis to muddy that a bit: It says 27 ft plus mechanical penthouse. Then it says 375 ft. Does that include the mechanical penthouse? You decide. But the mechanical penthouse is likely to be more than 10 ft so that still wouldn't explain 385 ft. So I think the Examiner is just wrong--shocking thought, I realize.

OK, now. I give up.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2008, 4:32 PM

Developers can choose to give the roof height and still be correct, but you're right - I don't blame you for giving up. Either the Examiner is wrong, or the measurement is to another part of the top of the building. I don't know if the mechanical penthouse level starts below the roof slab, but for now I agree let's just settle on 375 feet, until we learn of more complete and reliable information.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2008, 8:36 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Did you guys notice the moving benches in the lobby? It's kind of gimmicky, but I want to see those things in action.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2008, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
Did you guys notice the moving benches in the lobby? It's kind of gimmicky, but I want to see those things in action.
I think those are a lawsuit waiting to happen...

think about it, you are new to the building, standing talking to a co-worker, thinking you have a bench behind you, go to sit down, and wamm no bench. its like a highschool prankster grew up to be architect

Old Posted Sep 26, 2008, 9:49 PM
Only Mostly Dead

See, that's what I'm talking about wanting to see! Don't they move like 1 ft per hour or something? You'd have to be seriously long-winded to have that happen.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2008, 5:41 PM

This looks like a nice plan, and certainly a vast improvement over the Heald College building there now. An intriguing project.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2008, 1:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi123 View Post
Has the developer already purchased the building currently occupying the site? And is it sure that heald and starbucks are will to leave this building?
I was talking to the lady who runs the heath food store in 350 Mission and she told me the landlord has been reupping her lease for six months at a time. I would expect that Starbucks, Noah's and Heald have similar lease provisions.

Personally, I'd just as soon this project not go forward, but my reasons are entirely selfish--it would take away the view of the bridge and ballpark from my office at 45 Fremont. But I suppose that was bound to happen sooner or later.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2009, 11:28 PM

Updates...

What is the current plan for this project?

Old Posted Dec 31, 2009, 9:28 PM

In the current economy, I would say this project is toast. At the earliest, when the commercial real estate lending market starts to come back in 2013 or 2014, but more likely when the Transbay Terminal opens in 2019.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2010, 8:20 AM

Check out the building's awesome new website with virtual tours!
www.350mission.com

Old Posted Jun 3, 2010, 4:46 PM
BANNED

Quote:
350 Mission Street Heads For Formal Review (EIR)

The Planning Department’s formal review (EIR) for the proposed 350 Mission Street project (as existing above, as envisioned by SOM/Craig Hartman below) is about to get started.

The proposed project would consist of a 24-story, approximately 355-foot-tall office tower with office uses occupying approximately 356,000 square feet on floors 5 through 24 (the building would have no floor 13, nor floors 3 or 4). The ground floor would have a height of 50 feet, equaling approximately 3 to 4 stories, and a mezzanine level would be incorporated within this space.

Approximately 6,600 square feet of retail and restaurant space would be divided into four spaces on the ground floor and the mezzanine. These spaces would include a 1,000-square-foot retail space on the ground floor facing Mission Street, a small coffee bar/café near the northwest corner of the ground-floor lobby, and an approximately 4,600-square-foot restaurant space with a separately demised conference/dining room on the mezzanine . . . .
Now:

To be:

Source article and all images: http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...eview_eir.html

Old Posted Jun 4, 2010, 5:01 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Something I just noticed looking at the first rendering v. the now shot: the face of the existing building is roughly the same size as the open, airy part of the new building. It's an interesting exchange of space.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2010, 5:20 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Yay 350 Mission!

That's 355' at the roofline, by the way, not including mechanical.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2010, 10:02 AM
Resident Cabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflint View Post
Yay 350 Mission!

That's 355' at the roofline, by the way, not including mechanical.
Wow. Boost much?

BTW thanks for leaving me for dead the other night.

Oh yeah and also not stopping by when critical mass brought you so so close.

My Flickr

Old Posted Sep 17, 2010, 1:56 AM

There is a notice regarding the draft EIR taped to a pole in front of 45 Fremont...

Old Posted Sep 17, 2010, 5:29 AM
Only Mostly Dead

According to SocketSite, comments will be taken until Nov 1.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive