HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 11:51 PM
Spem Reduxit

Obviously I'm not a civil engineer, but I must say I'm not 100% sure why there is a need to redesign the entire 11/134 interchange. Although, I do appreciate the better flow between the 11/15 interchange. This will create a seamless interruption on the way to cottage country

Old Posted Jul 3, 2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk then Run View Post
Obviously I'm not a civil engineer, but I must say I'm not 100% sure why there is a need to redesign the entire 11/134 interchange. Although, I do appreciate the better flow between the 11/15 interchange. This will create a seamless interruption on the way to cottage country
I live right next to that redevelopment (well, very close, Old Mill Road) and agree that on the surface it looks kind of silly, but it might have to do with simplifying the number of ramps (north) in preparation for the big curve of the 15. Otherwise the ramps of the 11/15 turn into the current ramps of the 134/11 just north of Shediac, where all the accidents happen. Effectively they've moved the ramps of the 11/134 interchange forward (towards Cocagne).

Old Posted Jul 29, 2014, 1:28 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Victor Boudreau's Shediac campground hits snag over lease
Anglican Parish signed a lease with a rival Shediac campground in 2007
CBC News Posted: Jul 28, 2014 8:24 AM AT
Last Updated: Jul 28, 2014 8:24 AM AT

An old lease signed by the Anglican Parish of Shediac may cause problems for Liberal MLA Victor Boudreau's proposed campground in the southeastern New Brunswick community.

The Liberal MLA and his business partners want to lease land from the Anglican Parish for their project, but the parish may not be allowed to enter into the arrangement.

The Anglican Parish, which owns a significant amount of land around Shediac, rented about 11 hectares of land to Dave Maltais, the owner of Oceanic Campground, in 2007.

That arrangement included a non-competition clause, which says the parish will not allow another campsite to start up adjacent to Oceanic Campground, unless the owner provides consent.

Read more:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...ease-1.2719862

Old Posted Jul 29, 2014, 9:34 AM

I forgot to mention but they have broken ground on the Pizza Delight/Scores. I'm out of town right now so I can't get any photos, but I'll be sure to get one and check on the progress when I'm back in town.
When I left they were doing site preparation, removing the old foundation and getting ready for the new one.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 3:05 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

So, now that Victor Boudreau is safely re-elected and is the new NB Minister of Health, I presume his campground project in Shediac will be moving ahead at top speed........

Old Posted Oct 10, 2014, 1:01 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
So, now that Victor Boudreau is safely re-elected and is the new NB Minister of Health, I presume his campground project in Shediac will be moving ahead at top speed........
Further to the above - apparently Victor is forced to put his business interests into a blind trust now that he is in cabinet (I should have known that). All business decisions concerning the campground will be made by the trustee and the other business partners. If anything, this might result in the project being delayed or cancelled.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2014, 5:22 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Shediac campground proposal expected to draw big crowd

Developer Michel Boudreau says latest plans for 700-site project do not include wetlands
CBC News Posted: Dec 01, 2014 12:10 PM AT
Last Updated: Dec 01, 2014 12:10 PM AT

Shediac town council is expecting a large turnout at a public meeting tonight dealing with zoning bylaw changes related to a controversial proposed campground.

Michel Boudreau, one of the men behind the proposed 700-site park, slated for the wooded land between Parlee Beach Provincial Park and the road to Pointe-du-Chêne, said he is optimistic the project will get approved and hopes to start developing in the spring.

He says the latest plans exclude development of a wetland in the area.

read more:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...rowd-1.2855922

Old Posted Dec 10, 2014, 3:55 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

The rezoning to accommodate the campground has been passed by town council.

There was a great deal of disgruntlement and bemusement amongst the gathered multitude of concerned citizens at the council meeting.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2014, 2:28 PM

I noticed this morning they were excavating the old Sandspit site, removing the go-kart track and hills. There is no sold sign, so I'm thinking they are removing it and doing some of the work to make the land more desirable?

Old Posted Dec 11, 2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The rezoning to accommodate the campground has been passed by town council.

There was a great deal of disgruntlement and bemusement amongst the gathered multitude of concerned citizens at the council meeting.
The folks in Shediac had a option to vote out Victor Boudreau and they did not NOW folks in Shediac live with it... But I think the campground will bring much needed tourist revenue to the city of Shediac now that the Canadian dollar is dropping I think we will see an influx of American tourist this summer...

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 11:38 AM

I think the campground is a good thing. Maybe those people would be happy with a plastics factory built there? No, of course not. I wouldn't want it in my backyard either, but then, I don't want anything in my backyard, so I understand their frustration. The 80-foot buffer (with trees, plus a five foot berm, plus a six foot fence on top of the berm!) should ensure residents' privacy.
Interesting that Victor won both polls in that area last fall.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2014, 2:28 PM

The Pizza Delight in Shediac is re-opening today.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2015, 6:54 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Well, this is the first time that one of the [Moncton] subsections has been in serious peril of actually falling off the bottom of the page.

To prevent this, I have taken a few screen captures from the Shediac zoning document showing planned expansions to the road network in the town:

This first image shows the new alignment for the 11/15 interchange on the west end of town. Construction of this new interchange has already begun.

This second image shows the plans to create an access/egress point onto Highway 15 from Chesley Street. This will not be a full interchange, but will help to ease congestion on Main Street by providing traffic with an alternate exit onto the highway. Of note is that there will be a roundabout on the north side of Highway 15 at the intersection of Chesley and an extended Breaux Bridge Street.

This third image shows plans to extend Breaux Bridge also to the east in order to connect to Ohio Road. Ohio of course leads to the second exit into town from Highway 15. Breaux Bridge therefore will parallel Main Street from Ohio to Chesley, which should also help in decompressing traffic on Main and should give local residents a most welcome alternate route across town instead of Main Street.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2015, 2:15 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

The extension to Ohio road should make for a huge improvement along Main. Glad to see they're still planning this. Question is though, when is any of this supposed to happen? I'm sure I saw similar plans more than a year or two ago.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2015, 3:19 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
The extension to Ohio road should make for a huge improvement along Main. Glad to see they're still planning this. Question is though, when is any of this supposed to happen? I'm sure I saw similar plans more than a year or two ago.
You did Myles. There was a similar post back in 2013, but the new images contain some additional information; in particular the plans for a roundabout at the intersection of Chesley and Breaux Bridge.

As for when these new connectors get built - who knows. The provincial government is bankrupt (and you don't hear them talking very much any more about their billion dollar infrastructure plans). I'm sure the town would be looking for provincial funding (and approval) for the Chesley connector onto Highway 15. With the current pecuniary difficulties of the province, this project could be in limbo for some time.

Of course, half the provincial cabinet comes from Shediac and Dieppe, so you never know.........

Old Posted Mar 26, 2015, 11:48 AM

Another Update for Shediac, Yeh! Frozen Yogurt has closed after less than a year in operation. It appears that they are going to expand the Second Cup to occupy the whole building. They must have been making a lot more money selling coffee than the frozen yogurt. I'm not surprised really, the frozen yogurt market in Shediac was saturated with 3 stores, I'd be surprised if another one doesn't close soon too.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2015, 4:57 PM

The town of Shediac is having an open house on Thursday April 30th to talk about future projects in the town. One that caught my attention was the 3rd exit off highway 15 at Chesley street. There is no indication yet as to when this project will start but at least it is being talked about. This would be great for the town, making it more accessible may boost population as it will be easier to get from Shediac into Moncton (without having to go on Main street). Hopefully this project moves forward.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2015, 5:16 PM

In for the poutines!

Old Posted Apr 13, 2015, 7:19 PM

Here is a link to a PDF with the interchange plans for Chesley and Route 15. It looks like it will be a full interchange but you'll have to go to Riverside if you are coming from Moncton, it will be a long way to get into Shediac and may be underutilized, especially if they don't get the extensions finished first.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2015, 7:23 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

If that roundabout was moved a few dozen meters further to the north, that T-intersection might be eliminated and just joined up with the circle.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces