HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Oct 27, 2014, 4:57 AM

Here is a quick Lehi update! I ran out real quick today and snapped some shots. I can't claim to be a pro photographer, but hopefully this is a good look at some recently completed and under construction projects.

Lofts at Ivory Ridge - Recently completed with 45 condo units in 3 separate buildings. This is more of a big deal in Lehi because it isn't your typical suburban apartment complex - some locals aren't sure what to think about it but these are a good step in the right direction. Originally some commercial space was planned on the first floors but Ivory backed out and stuck with residential.

Ivory West Office Building - This is a new about 28,000 sq. ft. office building under construction just adjacent to the north of the completed Lofts at Ivory project. There is also a small retail pad proposed on the northeast corner of this parcel.

Here are a couple pictures of the Xactware building that was finished earlier in the year.

The Seasons at Traverse Mountain apartments are behind in this shot.

Traverse Ridge Center - This is the first phase of 4 buildings. They are trying to get started on the 2nd building which is a 7 story building just across the street to the west from this one. It will actually be 6 stories from the street side and 7 on the west side facing the trail and I-15. This building is about 38,000 sq. ft. if I remember correctly.

UCCU Office Building - They have been doing foundation and lower level parking structure work on this for a couple months but steel will probably start to rise in a couple months. I also posted a copy of the rendering that was received as part of their site plan submittal.

Ken Garff Porsche Audi - New dealership located just off of I-15 and SR-92 (just north of the UCCU office building). This building sits on a retaining wall because of the grade which makes it seem separated and floating above the frontage road.

From the west

From the east

Mountain View Office Plaza - A new office building under construction on Maple Loop near the newly opened Zaxby's fast food joint.

Thanksgiving Center (includes 3 retail buildings, the Vivnt building, and the Hilton Home2 Suites). All of these buildings were completed this year and a couple last year. The Hilton is not my favorite, kind of bland looking and too much stucco.

The Murdock Canal Trail connector in front of the retail buildings.

Mountain Point Medical Center - The new IASIS hospital and medical offices are planned to open next spring. Also they have proposed another large pylon sign with an LED screen - seems to be the trend these days. The proposed sign is 65' so not quite like the Outlets sign! The Council still has to decide on the sign because it is an exception to get one larger than 25'.

Thanksgiving Park - Building 5 has just been completed with a little bit of an updated facade compared to the first 4 phases. Building 6 is currently under construction and will mirror building 5. I like these two phases better because they used some structured parking. The other buildings are surrounded by a sea of asphalt. Also I should mention that Thanksgiving Point currently has a 5 story limit on buildings but I would love to see that increased and it is possible that the area plan could get amended soon since a developer has proposed some "TOD" (if that's what you call placing residential near a transit station ) where the Real practice field is now. Traverse Mountain limits buildings to 12 floors but the general commercial zone in Lehi has no height restriction.

Here is a bonus - we are working on getting bike lanes in Lehi and this is the first buffered bike lane as seen on Ashton Blvd in Thanksgiving Point, it is one mile and goes right next to the Front Runner station and MATC. We also have funding for a 1.5 mile cycle track on 700 S separated by parking and a curbwall (similar to 300 S Salt Lake).

Old Posted Oct 27, 2014, 1:20 PM

Thanks for all of the photos and updates Mike--I'm glad on one level that the economy is growing to the point that all of that growth is necessary. On the other level, there are maybe two of those buildings that I find appealing at all, and the rest is just industrial park campus that could be anywhere in the country. Bland, anonymous, poorly laid-out 5 story office buildings as far as the eye can see. I'm glad there's some more density in some of the housing--apartments/condos/townhomes--but most of this is just the worst kind of sprawl, filling every remaining inch of open space in northern Utah County.

It will be interesting to see if/when the height limits increase to allow 10 stories and up; and then if developers will choose to build taller, or just scrounge together a few more open acres.

...and all of this whining hasn't even gotten to the "if they stacked all that together at X location, it would have made a true skyscraper," which I know is in the back and front of my head.

BUT thanks for all the pics. That was a lot of work, and it's great to see what's going on.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2014, 4:34 PM

I agree, I can't help but think that the 6 Thanksgiving Park buildings could have made a 30 story tower. I also don't like the cookie cutter look especially for office buildings. I'm always suggesting new ideas, we will see if we can get some better development patterns! I think the new UCCU building sets a new precedence in Lehi because it has an FAR of 1 and all the other office buildings are more around the 0.4 area. Obviously an FAR of 1 in downtown SLC is really nothing but at least in Lehi it means smaller seas of parking.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2014, 6:26 AM
Bring out the cranes...

One word and then a number.....

Midtown 360

Story link below....

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=32153282&nid...&s_cid=queue-4
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Oct 30, 2014, 11:34 PM

Great update Mike!!

Old Posted Oct 31, 2014, 1:31 AM

Midtown 360. A very fitting name. That's great that the project is staring up again. The article talked about the south tower, north tower, and then mentioned west towers. How many towers will there be?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2014, 6:23 PM

The west side will just be one "tower" it'll be 4-5 stories, and will run the length of the project. Parking underneath, I believe.

Spanish Fork Update:
Wal-mart is coming along quite nicely, should be done before Christmas (don't know if it'll be done by Black Friday)
Chick-Fil-A is coming! I can't tell you how excited my wife is about this. They will be building south of Burger King.
Zupas has their sign up... I imagine 5 Guys will put theirs up soon. Cubby's is also coming! I love BBQ, so I'm excited about this one.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2014, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek1978 View Post
Cubby's is also coming! I love BBQ, so I'm excited about this one.
well, you will be disappointed, as Cubby's is not BBQ.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2014, 7:01 PM

Oh man, you got me.... Cubby's Chicago Beef.... I saw the pic at this website: http://spanishfork.org/dept/econdev/...evelopment.php and totally thought it was a pig... hence why I thought it was bbq. Don't blame me, I'm not the graphics designer that made Cubby's Logo.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 5:08 AM

this is pretty cool for those familiar with the area.

Orem State Street in 1947.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXcn0uUqdf0

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 6:22 AM

Here is a quick Lehi update - there is another 5 story 150k square foot office building with lower level parking going through the approval process south of the Megaplex theater in TP. There are other buildings proposed in that area but only the first phase has started the approval process. This building is the first of two buildings for a company that is planning a small campus there. I'll post a rendering when I get an electronic copy. The buildings are going for a modern look but essentially it's a large rectangular building cantilevered over the first floor.

Construction will begin soon on another 7 story office building (6 floors on the east and 7 facing I-15) just to the west of the building Oracle is moving into. This building has some good amenities for bikes which is refreshing and has direct access from the building to the Rail Trail which intersects the Murdock Canal Trail. This building also will have a small parking structure.

I can't say much but I have had discussions with a developer who is throwing around the idea of a 12 story office building on the east side of I-15. I can't say this is something that will happen but the idea of going vertical is becoming a more common theme as time goes on and land becomes less available.

I also know there are other projects coming down the pipe but are not yet ready to submit plans. I will post when that info can it can be shared.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 6:35 AM
The Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highrise_Mike View Post
Here is a quick Lehi update - there is another 5 story 150k square foot office building with lower level parking going through the approval process south of the Megaplex theater in TP. There are other buildings proposed in that area but only the first phase has started the approval process. This building is the first of two buildings for a company that is planning a small campus there. I'll post a rendering when I get an electronic copy. The buildings are going for a modern look but essentially it's a large rectangular building cantilevered over the first floor.

Construction will begin soon on another 7 story office building (6 floors on the east and 7 facing I-15) just to the west of the building Oracle is moving into. This building has some good amenities for bikes which is refreshing and has direct access from the building to the Rail Trail which intersects the Murdock Canal Trail. This building also will have a small parking structure.

I can't say much but I have had discussions with a developer who is throwing around the idea of a 12 story office building on the east side of I-15. I can't say this is something that will happen but the idea of going vertical is becoming a more common theme as time goes on and land becomes less available.

I also know there are other projects coming down the pipe but are not yet ready to submit plans. I will post when that info can it can be shared.
I <3 people like you that come on here that are in the know and are willing to feed the piranhas.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 6:36 AM
Wen Lambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highrise_Mike View Post

I heard that Ancestry.com is moving to Thanksgiving Point soon. I dont know if they're building their own building or just leasing one of the many already being developed.

I've also seen a rendering of another office building going up SE of the FrontRunner station that looks like a clone of the new Vivint bldg.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 7:45 AM

You're right Wasatch, the building just next to the Front Runner station is basically a clone of the Vivnt building, both are projects by Gardner Company. They named this project Lehi Station and it has actually been approved for a few months now but they are holding off on construction until they get enough space leased out. I'm not a fan of cookie cutter development, but at least this design is different than most buildings in TP. In fact Gardner Company built a building in Bingham Junction in Midvale and they have one under construction in Draper that have similar designs to the Vivnt building.

Ancestry hasn't submitted anything yet but I can say from what I have heard, they are going to lease a building outside of Thanksgiving Point that has yet to be built.

I'm always happy to post what I can on here! Usually I post the bigger stuff, but there are a lot of retail and other projects in Lehi going on but they're just not as significant. I'm also a piranha on here too, waiting to see what is happening in other cities!

Old Posted Dec 1, 2014, 10:06 PM

Not sure how much I can say... but Ancestry.com is directly west of Xactware and the buildings are identical. Same developer.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2014, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
Not sure how much I can say... but Ancestry.com is directly west of Xactware and the buildings are identical. Same developer.
Yes. I can also confirm this......

Old Posted Dec 3, 2014, 6:26 PM
Transit Advocate

So ancestry is moving from the old arbach (not that it looks anything like it once did) building downtown SLC to suburban hell or will this be a secondary location?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2014, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brankrom View Post
So ancestry is moving from the old arbach (not that it looks anything like it once did) building downtown SLC to suburban hell or will this be a secondary location?
Two points:

1) Ancestry is HQ'ed in the Riverwoods area of Provo and has been pretty much since the start.

2) People keep complaining about developments in Lehi, but honestly this is the better fit for them. All the other big IT tech companies are there, IM Flash, Adobe, Xactware, etc. etc. It is close to a Front Runner station as well as biking trails.

Not every business should be built in a high rise like this forum seems to believe.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2014, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrent77 View Post
Two points:

1) Ancestry is HQ'ed in the Riverwoods area of Provo and has been pretty much since the start.

2) People keep complaining about developments in Lehi, but honestly this is the better fit for them. All the other big IT tech companies are there, IM Flash, Adobe, Xactware, etc. etc. It is close to a Front Runner station as well as biking trails.

Not every business should be built in a high rise like this forum seems to believe.
I agree. However as big as a name Ancestry is you would think they would do a mid-rise 10-12 story building in Provo. That being said this new location and building is still cool.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2014, 9:49 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Yes these are sort of close to a FrontRunner Station, but unless UTA has a bus that goes right to the front doors of all these buildings or each company has a shuttle, the FrontRunner stop doesn't make any difference what so ever. The comfort level for Transit Oriented, unless on bikes, is 1/4-1/2 mile at the very most.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West