HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Jan 2, 2013, 3:13 AM

thanks! thats a nice comment. About the over-crowded nI think you are right, but I can't do anything since the downtown is quite advanced, so I will try to make the new disctrics less crowded. Thanks for the advise. Happy new year by the way!

Old Posted Jan 2, 2013, 4:56 AM
I Love Tall Buildings

Keep up the work on Southill! First, I want a St. Tiago World Trade Center that echoes the new World Trade Center in New York. It's all Southill!

I also want a new district. It's called LoFo and it houses a large density of supertall commercial towers. I also want a huge park named Greenfort Park. It's five times the size of Central Park.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2013, 10:12 PM

I like the idea of a wtc and the name of the park, I think it will be good for the big green are near the beach, abouth the LoFo district, I don't think i would make more supertall towers since the Glass District and Costanery had a lot of them. So, it could be a medium-sized height disctrict maybe? Thanks for your help!

Old Posted Jan 4, 2013, 10:25 PM

I have finished the new university disctrict near Southill, It's called Mayday Village, and it's has low and medium buildings. It also has a church, a sports center, a stadium, a theater and concert hall and some apartment buildings.

I also make a first render of the city

hope you like it

Old Posted Jan 5, 2013, 3:25 AM
I Love Tall Buildings

Try making a night render of the skyline.

Last edited by VerizonTower; Jan 8, 2013 at 5:04 AM.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2013, 3:27 AM
I Love Tall Buildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pzuriz View Post
I like the idea of a wtc and the name of the park, I think it will be good for the big green are near the beach, abouth the LoFo district, I don't think i would make more supertall towers since the Glass District and Costanery had a lot of them. So, it could be a medium-sized height disctrict maybe? Thanks for your help!
LoFo will be a medium-sized district, of course and just start on the WTC! Come up with a glass-modern design like 1WTC has.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2013, 7:24 PM

The first render is looking very good! Nice ethereal feel. Only distracting thing is that piece of a dark surface just in front of the camera. Be sure to choose your views carefully. But all in all very beautiful! Keep on rendering.

Btw. what renderer do you use?

Old Posted Jan 8, 2013, 5:01 AM
I Love Tall Buildings

Just to keep it going, I think you should make a WHOLE lot of renders and a render video.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2013, 4:38 AM

Thanks! i use maxwell to render and yes that black rectangle is quite ugly, i will be more carefull next time. im working on a render of Metro SQuare at night and i think it will be awesome with a lot of billbords and street lights. im also working on a new district wich will be lowsized with old buildings. im also workin in th wtc verizon

Old Posted Jan 13, 2013, 6:13 PM

In my opinion it looks very good But you should try to render it more often

Old Posted Jan 13, 2013, 7:46 PM

I have made two new render, the first is the one of Metro Square I have told you and the other is of Wellington.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2013, 5:37 PM

Wow excelente wei!!!
Really love the city, particularly the many first unrendered shots!!! Love the architecture and you 'beat' me in making suburbs, but I really love the buildings downtown,
This is really inspiring!!
Please don't waste time rendering, it looks so good as a diagram and you made such progress (as in such a big city)

thanks

Old Posted Jan 17, 2013, 7:19 PM

Thanks! I will postmore diagram picture! I have made the WTC in south hill, is based on one of the new WTC buildings in New york, I also started the new old styled district with some buildings fro 5 to 10 floors, i also added some row houses, like the ones in greenwich village, in NY

Old Posted Jan 18, 2013, 7:35 PM

Good renders! That Metro Square render has a really tight urban feel and the second one has nice lightness to it. I like how you're mixing in older buildings as well.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2013, 11:40 PM
I Love Tall Buildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pzuriz View Post
Thanks! I will postmore diagram picture! I have made the WTC in south hill, is based on one of the new WTC buildings in New york, I also started the new old styled district with some buildings fro 5 to 10 floors, i also added some row houses, like the ones in greenwich village, in NY

I'm suggesting some new minor changes for the WTC. First, delete the logo. Second, make sister towers for the WTC. Third, add mechanical floors on the current tower and then add a spire. I also want 10 skyline renderings.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2013, 9:21 PM

thanks for the WTC suggestions, but i think i will leave it like that, i like how it looks and a want to focuse in the new district!

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 11:15 PM

i need a name for the new distict! any suggestions?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2013, 3:00 AM

First off, love the city, really wish I had the time to do this. My cities have at most 3-4 textured buildings. One thing that would be cool is from a boat on the ocean, to do a skyline shot.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2013, 9:59 PM

I have made a new district near the sea called St James, is a medium residential apartment zone with a lot of green spaces, I also started an industrial zone near the airport and named the old district Eastown

I also made the skyline picture and a new map

Old Posted Mar 14, 2013, 6:50 PM

Nice! That kind of photo is exactly what I was looking for. Seriously the progress made on this city is nothing short of awe inspiring.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup