HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 8, 2016, 9:32 PM

Exciting times!

Old Posted Jun 8, 2016, 10:00 PM

I suspect it's going to be a Menchies Uptown location. Which would be pretty cool.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2016, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_d40 View Post
I suspect it's going to be a Menchies Uptown location. Which would be pretty cool.
Hmmm....not sure how I feel about that. Although you could argue it will help to attract more uptown foot traffic.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2016, 2:25 AM

Couple McAllister tidbits.

Samuel & Co will be opening a location there in the Fall, and Urban Kids is opening this month,

Old Posted Jun 9, 2016, 5:52 AM

Somehow missed that Bourbon Quarter is no more - the space is being opened up, renovated and re-opening as the "Cask & Kettle Irish Gastropub".

Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 2:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magee_b View Post
Somehow missed that Bourbon Quarter is no more - the space is being opened up, renovated and re-opening as the "Cask & Kettle Irish Gastropub".

Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 3:05 PM

I'm excited for H&M... can't open soon enough, as far as I'm concerned.

I've dropped 40 lbs. this year with a little left to go, and I don't think there will be a better place to go for me to replace my whole wardrobe at once.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownJeff View Post
Hmmm....not sure how I feel about that. Although you could argue it will help to attract more uptown foot traffic.
I now understand it is not a Menchies but is a "retail" operation of some sort - apparently the tenants will not be announcing til August.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2016, 1:48 PM

Yes, its going to be retail. Just like how Freak Lunchbox, and Second Cup next door are retail.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2016, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Yes, its going to be retail. Just like how Freak Lunchbox, and Second Cup next door are retail.
hmmm....I was thinking clothing type retail for some reason......you obviously know something!

Old Posted Jun 17, 2016, 2:07 PM

Quote:
I mean, technically, Freak Lunchbox *is* retail, in the same way that a grocery store is retail. You're not really meant to stay in the store to eat the product.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2016, 3:24 PM
ハルウララ

via Keith Brideau on Twitter, @KBrideau

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KBrideau
Congrats to @daveslobster on opening in @uptownsaintjohn Another great addition!#livelifeuptown with @HistoricaDev

Old Posted Jun 18, 2016, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ire Narissis View Post
I mean, technically, Freak Lunchbox *is* retail, in the same way that a grocery store is retail. You're not really meant to stay in the store to eat the product.
New rumour. I hear collwells men's is moving in. Rumour only though but makes sense.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2016, 9:02 PM

H&M Saint John

I see that they have added new windows to the side of McAllister Place Mall for the new H&M. Can't wait till it opens. I heard rumors of a new Giant Tiger but a sales clerk said that it was not true. I hope she's wrong on that.

H&M Construction, Saint John East by I'm Me, Who are You?, on Flickr

Old Posted Jul 6, 2016, 1:00 PM

Steel going up for Uptown NB Liquor location;

Photo Credit: http://urbanplans.blogspot.ca/

Old Posted Jul 15, 2016, 4:42 PM

Opening date for H&M is set for October 13th.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2016, 1:15 AM

PAC is recommending approval of a new Tim Hortons on the corner of McDonald and Loch Lomond Road. Included below is the original plan, and the revised plan. The city wanted them to be a little closer to the road for better integration. (Which I can appreciate) However, I think by doing so it's going to create more of a mess in the parking lot. Especially since you will need to cut through the lineup when exiting the drive through. Even still - it's better than nothing, I guess. The location is pretty good. With the call centres in Loch Lomond Place (Including the soon to be Red Cross call centre), The library across the street, The Villa, and all the houses in the Ellerdale area, and all the commuters that go by there, I'm sure it will be just as busy as any other Tims.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2016, 1:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownJeff View Post
New rumour. I hear collwells men's is moving in. Rumour only though but makes sense.
Apparently the rumor about colwells moving yo the old Birks is not true....asked the manager today.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2016, 5:42 PM

Quote:
PAC is recommending approval of a new Tim Hortons on the corner of McDonald and Loch Lomond Road. Included below is the original plan, and the revised plan. The city wanted them to be a little closer to the road for better integration. (Which I can appreciate) However, I think by doing so it's going to create more of a mess in the parking lot. Especially since you will need to cut through the lineup when exiting the drive through. Even still - it's better than nothing, I guess. The location is pretty good. With the call centres in Loch Lomond Place (Including the soon to be Red Cross call centre), The library across the street, The Villa, and all the houses in the Ellerdale area, and all the commuters that go by there, I'm sure it will be just as busy as any other Tims.

I like the Revised site plan - and agree with the building being closer to the road. The drive thru orientation is very similar to the Tim's on Bayside Drive. My only comment is there is no 'escape' lane - that's a lot of cars to wait thru if you change your mind or need to leave while in the middle of that lineup. Interesting that there is very little seating - more outside than inside. More parking spaces than customers (probably enough when considering the staff)!

Last edited by AroundTown; Jul 18, 2016 at 5:45 PM. Reason: forgot to add comments re parking and seating

Old Posted Jul 18, 2016, 8:57 PM

Quote:

I noticed the drive up speaker situation. Anyone know why they switched from 2 drive up speakers to 1. Other then the fact that with the building change Because on both plans it seems it would be easy to fit 2 speakers.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces