HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Québec > Montréal

Old Posted Jul 5, 2013, 12:11 AM

Montreal Future/Fantasy Sketches, Drawings, etc.

Hi I'm new to posting in this forum but I've been reading and viewing for about a year now. I can't seem to find an appropriate thread to put this in. If such a thread exists please let me know and this one can be deleted. If not please feel free to post any fantasy/futuristic Montreal skyline ideas you have. I would love to see them!

It is a conceptual sketch of a futuristic Montreal that I made and here is a description:

Montreal - While not an economically thriving city at the moment, and with the hindrance of the 200 m height restriction law, the prospect of building higher into the skies is not favorable to the urban enthusiast.

However, there are no limitations on our imaginations. While unlikely to see a transformation of this scale in a mere 17 years I have added 5 major fictional skyscrapers along with some of the current under-construction buildings (as of 2013).

The centerpiece is a reflection of the eccentric city population with it's playful, twisted, and bendable form. The building as a whole would be an engineering challenge given the nature of the building itself and the large O shaped cut-out at the top. However, it would certainly give the city an instantly recognizable skyline across the globe.

To the immediate left of the centerpiece is a 3 piece set inspired by both Chicago's Crain Communications Building and NYC's WTC 2.

Further to the Left is a cylindrical office tower with a diagonal elliptical cut for a roof.

To the immediate right of the centerpiece is either a skyscraper or a tower/structure of some sort resembling the architecture of the Olympic stadium.

Further to the right is a very conceptual/futuristic skyscraper perhaps for office space, condo use, or mixed-use. It has no definite shape and may be seen as stacks of cuboids and in 3-dimensional space it would share some resemblance to Habitat 67.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2013, 4:56 AM
The good old days are now

^ Very well done! What locations do you have in mind to build on?

Old Posted Jul 5, 2013, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLskyline View Post
^ Very well done! What locations do you have in mind to build on?
Thanks. Good question. It doesn't look like the tallest building would easily fit behind PVM. Unless by 2030 a drunk patron burns down club super sexe and the adjacent buildings. It wouldn't look nice to have it directly on Saint Catherine street either. Maybe if the buildings behind super sexe didn't exist it could fit there - near Via Rail and across the street from Via rail.

As for the other ones to the east I could see them existing over parking lots (which we seem to have an abundance of).

The 3 piece set looks like it could fit next to the Astral building on de maisonneuve if they don't go through with building 900 de maisonneuve.

The left-most cylindrical building also would be problematic since most of that area is green space around peel and metcalfe.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2013, 5:32 PM
Look at me!

Hey cool sketch you have there! If this city needs anything, it's a bit of dream and ambition.

Deviant art huh? Sounds good to me.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2013, 6:50 PM

That is a really awesome Sketch! I like those buildings near Place Des arts

Old Posted Jul 9, 2013, 7:41 PM

Thanks guys!

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 1:36 AM

Here is another fantasy sketch of the new Champlain bridge. I would love to see a suspension bridge in place. I also posted a comparison picture in the "futur pont champlain" thread.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 6:34 AM
Volatile Pacivist

That looks pretty cool even though cable-stayed would be a lot more likely. I love how you incorporated the south shore rail link.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2013, 3:03 AM
MTL♥

Old Posted Oct 7, 2013, 11:52 AM

What a neat skyline once it will be completed!!

Old Posted Oct 8, 2013, 12:10 AM

Excellent render G.S. MTL, it looks very convincing!

Do you think they will build Rocabella West?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Québec > Montréal