HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 1:47 AM

[IMG]I truly http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=205241[/IMG]

I truly believe that city council made a huge mistake on not approving this project. It would have given our Down Town skyline what it so desperately needs "30 floors+ buildings." Not only do I think that its architecture does blend with our current one but it would have paved the way for more companies to invest in building upwards giving our beautiful city the skyline it so deserves.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 2:17 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruez777 View Post
[IMG]I truly http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=205241[/IMG]

I truly believe that city council made a huge mistake on not approving this project. It would have given our Down Town skyline what it so desperately needs "30 floors+ buildings." Not only do I think that its architecture does blend with our current one but it would have paved the way for more companies to invest in building upwards giving our beautiful city the skyline it so deserves.
City council had almost nothing to do with denying that building.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 1:05 PM

Anyone have access to this article, to copy/paste for us to read here?

https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...g-next-to.html

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 1:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeger View Post
Anyone have access to this article, to copy/paste for us to read here?

https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...g-next-to.html

By Mitchell Parton – Reporter, San Antonio Business Journal
Feb 23, 2020, 2:10pm EST
A lot for sale along the River Walk could eventually become apartments or a hotel, among other possibilities.

The Texas General Land Office is selling 1.84 acres of vacant commercial land at the northeast corner of East César E. Chávez Boulevard and Dwyer Avenue, according to CBRE Group Inc. The property is along the San Antonio River Walk next to H-E-B’s headquarters and near the University of Texas at San Antonio’s downtown campus.

Eric DeJernett and Gene Williams with CBRE (NYSE: CBRE) will represent the Texas General Land Office in the sale.

“This quadrant of downtown San Antonio is experiencing a lot of developer attention with the proposed expansion of the UTSA campus into the area along with significant property investments by the city and county,” said Eric DeJernett, senior vice president for CBRE. “The site itself is geographically located in the middle of much of the current development activity in and around downtown.”

The size is zoned for office, retail, hotel and multifamily use. It falls under the third River Improvement Overlay zone, meaning that developments must preserve the traditional designs of the River Walk. Developers or other interested entities have until March 25 to submit offers for the property to CBRE.

DeJernett told the Business Journal that multifamily builders especially have shown interest in the property. Hotel and retail developers have also looked at the site, he said, and that it has possibility to turn the surrounding area into a mixed-use environment.

“This is an additional piece of the puzzle for San Antonio to create an environment for its CBD,” DeJernett said. “You have the right mix of employers and residential.”

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelTrexler View Post
By Mitchell Parton – Reporter, San Antonio Business Journal
Feb 23, 2020, 2:10pm EST
A lot for sale along the River Walk could eventually become apartments or a hotel, among other possibilities.

The Texas General Land Office is selling 1.84 acres of vacant commercial land at the northeast corner of East César E. Chávez Boulevard and Dwyer Avenue, according to CBRE Group Inc. The property is along the San Antonio River Walk next to H-E-B’s headquarters and near the University of Texas at San Antonio’s downtown campus.

Eric DeJernett and Gene Williams with CBRE (NYSE: CBRE) will represent the Texas General Land Office in the sale.

“This quadrant of downtown San Antonio is experiencing a lot of developer attention with the proposed expansion of the UTSA campus into the area along with significant property investments by the city and county,” said Eric DeJernett, senior vice president for CBRE. “The site itself is geographically located in the middle of much of the current development activity in and around downtown.”

The size is zoned for office, retail, hotel and multifamily use. It falls under the third River Improvement Overlay zone, meaning that developments must preserve the traditional designs of the River Walk. Developers or other interested entities have until March 25 to submit offers for the property to CBRE.

DeJernett told the Business Journal that multifamily builders especially have shown interest in the property. Hotel and retail developers have also looked at the site, he said, and that it has possibility to turn the surrounding area into a mixed-use environment.

“This is an additional piece of the puzzle for San Antonio to create an environment for its CBD,” DeJernett said. “You have the right mix of employers and residential.”
Thank you for sharing the article. This piece of property seems like it would be a no brainer for HEB to purchase but I'm sure they have been approached

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 2:15 PM

Yes...thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Thank you for sharing the article. This piece of property seems like it would be a no brainer for HEB to purchase but I'm sure they have been approached

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 11:21 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

I wonder how the GLO wound up with that parcel.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2020, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame View Post
I wonder how the GLO wound up with that parcel.
They’ve actually been fairly active investing in parking lots and development sites. They have the advantage of not having to pay property taxes on the properties they hold.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.exp...ts-5995592.php

Old Posted Mar 2, 2020, 5:17 AM
James

There is a CVS going up at the Mosaic and I'm excited about it. To me, it screams that the area is finally becoming a neighborhood with a pharmacy.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2020, 3:45 PM
JACKinBeantown

If this is from somebody here, please take credit for it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9GCz9-HhT9/

Old Posted Mar 2, 2020, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Nice pic. Shows how not actually that dense the NW quadrant is.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 1:09 AM

BAM!!!! The SATX lookin good right there! Great addition with the Thompson.... BAM!!!!

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 1:29 AM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraDanPrime View Post
BAM!!!! The SATX lookin good right there! Great addition with the Thompson.... BAM!!!!
I agree. BAM!!!!

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 3:57 AM

Quote:

Hi. I've been following this thread for years now and I love it. I just recently move to SA and live downtown. I've been meaning to update this thread and other threads on projects with photos as I bike ride downtown often.

Lastly, I manage the @skylinesoftexas instagram account. Nice to meet everyone as I've been reading your post for years!

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 4:26 AM
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajarreguin3 View Post
Hi. I've been following this thread for years now and I love it. I just recently move to SA and live downtown. I've been meaning to update this thread and other threads on projects with photos as I bike ride downtown often.

Lastly, I manage the @skylinesoftexas instagram account. Nice to meet everyone as I've been reading your post for years!
Welcome!

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 4:41 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
I believe it's the block bordered by Brooklyn, Austin, Hays, Chestnut, and Burnet.
Thanks. Here's the model I did. I modeled it at 120 feet just as a guess. I doubt the building will cover the whole block, otherwise, it would be a monster. I placed it on the north side of the block, but it could also be on the south side. I'm not sure since the renderings were vague. Either way, it's going to block the skyline view, at least, somewhat, from the Hays Street Bridge. Bummer.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 12:41 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:

Welcome to the forum, ajarreguin3! I've been enjoying your photos for quite some time too. Looking forward to more.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 12:46 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Thanks. Here's the model I did. I modeled it at 120 feet just as a guess. I doubt the building will cover the whole block, otherwise, it would be a monster. I placed it on the north side of the block, but it could also be on the south side. I'm not sure since the renderings were vague. Either way, it's going to block the skyline view, at least, somewhat, from the Hays Street Bridge. Bummer.
Thanks, Kevin. I always appreciate your models.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 4:48 PM

Quote:

A "howdy" to you!! And yes welcome!!

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 4:51 PM

Quote:

Absolutely stunning pic!!
Love the cloud formations......

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio