HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 17, 2017, 7:04 PM

Not every building is meant to be filled but i do believe things will begin to change in a more positive trajectory. Downtown will begin to start to see momentum again its not like the whole AT&T fiasco is Downtowns fault in todays economy companies are changing ever more.
BPV 2 is desperately needed antidote that our Downtown needs right now to get things moving with Jefferson Arms Railway Exchange Millennium Chemical and several others i feel Downtown St.Louis will be in the drivers seat but it be good to get some decent store fronts in the central business district too but i don't see that happening anytime soon.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2017, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorlands View Post
Centene Phase 1 tower crane is up

Here are some updated pics of the phase 1 Centene Tower.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2017, 9:15 PM

Glad that Centene is staying/expanding in STL, but man i wish they were building their HQ downtown. Might have been a new tallest building.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2017, 6:29 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalstl View Post
Glad that Centene is staying/expanding in STL, but man i wish they were building their HQ downtown. Might have been a new tallest building.
welp...at least it isn't west county. claytons health has really helped areas like dogtown which is seeing new construction (and argubly the entire ring of neighborhoods around forest park) and without a doubt university city which is quietly seeing a big boost in one-off infill projects and other small, luxury projects like this right on delmar: https://www.mehlmanhomes.com/thecurr...niversity-city

Old Posted Jul 18, 2017, 9:06 PM
Proud Homer!

Another residential project is under construction in the Central West End.

4101 LaClede is the first NEW for-sale condo project to go up in the CWE since the recession. See location HERE.

All the other residential projects have been condo rehabs , new apartments, new townhomes and single-family units.

The 5-story (64 feet) building will have 54 condo units that start at $226,000 and go up to $900,000 - roughly $330 per square foot.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2017, 4:04 PM

that's a nice looking project, and one of the few that i've seen that really appeal to me. i like the size of the building. the outdoor space looks great.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2017, 12:18 AM
Proud Homer!

Washington University in St. Louis is at it again with a $250-million campus expansion.

The MASSIVE east end campus transformation will have a total of EIGHT new projects.

See video with many more renderings throughout - especially towards the end.

Video Link

------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

Old Posted Jul 24, 2017, 6:23 PM

Wow, looks amazing.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2017, 11:38 PM

that's why my u-city taxes blow. washington university doesn't pay shit.

it's a nice little diploma factory for upper middle class new jersey kids though.

*beeeeeeelch*

Old Posted Jul 25, 2017, 5:13 AM

I go to Wash U and I'm excited to see this go up. I'll post some pics of the progress this coming year! (Provided I can get a view over the fences)

Old Posted Jul 25, 2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centropolis View Post
that's why my u-city taxes blow. washington university doesn't pay shit.

it's a nice little diploma factory for upper middle class new jersey kids though.

*beeeeeeelch*
While I understand where you are coming from, Wash U has had such a positive impact on STL over the years. Think about everything they have their hands in, their numerous campus expansions, the presidential debates last year, the loop developments, BJC medical center complex in the CWE, helping the grove neighborhood do a 180 in the last decade, and being a founding member of Cortex.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2017, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalstl View Post
While I understand where you are coming from, Wash U has had such a positive impact on STL over the years. Think about everything they have their hands in, their numerous campus expansions, the presidential debates last year, the loop developments, BJC medical center complex in the CWE, helping the grove neighborhood do a 180 in the last decade, and being a founding member of Cortex.
i was just being a bad-tempered u-city townie. i remember wishing that SLU would follow WUs progressive lead back when SLU was destroying everything in its path. SLU could still take a few cues from WU, for that matter...

university city really wouldn't exist as it does as sort of an extension of the urban core without washington university, at least it wouldnt be the same.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2017, 5:35 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

The St. Louis Aquarium at Union Station is on track to begin construction by the end of the year.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2017/08/...tion-aquarium/

https://twitter.com/aquariumstl?lang=en

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 5:35 PM

A wood fired pizza place has been announced as the first retail tenant in the 212 South Maramec highrise in Clayton.

Updated pics of the retial bays

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 5:38 PM

Updated pics of another midrise residential building, the Ceylon, on north Central in Clayton.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 11:33 PM
Proud Homer!

Progress on the Microsoft Building in CORTEX.

The Washington state-based company will open its regional headquarters and a Microsoft Technology Center to serve as an anchor for a new tech building at 4220 Duncan Ave.

Microsoft is expected to invest $50 million in the facility and bring up to 200 new jobs to the city.

The new building is being developed by Wexford Science + Technology and will be 150,000-180,000 square feet with Microsoft taking about 29,000 square feet.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 5:00 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

The Skinker-DeBalivier neighborhood--situated between Washington University on the west, the Central West End to the east, and flanked by the Delmar Loop--is seeing rising rents and a healthy amount of new residential construction:

https://nextstl.com/2017/08/rents-ro...r-debaliviere/

Here are a few of the more recent projects:

Image by Alex Ihnen at urbanstl.com

Images by quincunx at urbanstl.com

Old Posted Aug 26, 2017, 2:29 PM
Proud Homer!

The St. Louis College of Pharmacy has completed its new recreation and student center at Duncan and South Taylor avenues in the Central West End.

The $50 million project began two years ago and adds 193,000 square feet of space to the college’s campus next to the Barnes-Jewish hospital complex.

The new seven-story building includes a 10,000-square-foot recreation center, a 350-seat dining hall and a 220-bed residence hall for first- and second-year students. That doubles the amount of living space on campus.

The new student center and recreation building was the second phase of a big investment the St. Louis College of Pharmacy has made in its campus.

In 2015, it completed a six-story, 213,000 square-foot academic and research building.

Source

Photo Credits:
NextSTL.com (Twitter)
SLCOP (Twitter)
St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 8:03 PM

We have a start date for the gorgeous ONE HUNDRED building. Monies have been approved and construction is scheduled to start in November. The 39 story story residential tower will have 316 units with have iconic views of historic Forest Park and the Clayton skylines to the west and StL City skyline views including the Arch to the east.

Last edited by Moorlands; Aug 31, 2017 at 1:35 PM.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorlands View Post
We have a start date for the gorgeous ONE HUNDRED building. Monies have been approved and construction is scheduled to start in November. The 39 story story residential tower will have 316 units with have iconic views of historic Forest Park and theClayton Skyline to the west and StL City skyline views including the Arch.
Great news!!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations