HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA21st View Post
Again, this is not true for everyone. As at tourist twice, I visited OC, Long Beach and LA neighborhoods on one trip.

Many tourists will lump Disneyland with LA visits. It's not that far.
It's not at all uncommon for tourists to fly into LAX and visit Hollywood Blvd, Universal Studios, and Disneyland in the same trip.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
I was thinking more of the entertainment zone they plan to build next to the Stadium.

The Chargers/Rams stadium isn't just some regular stadium. It's going to host multiple super bowls, be a huge part of the Olympics . I believe the NFL network is moving there from Culver City as well.
Not to mention the potential new Clippers arena in Inglewood. Everyone already goes to Randys (always people taking pics). Inglewood isn't like Bronzeville at all.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Not to mention the potential new Clippers arena in Inglewood. Everyone already goes to Randys (always people taking pics). Inglewood isn't like Bronzeville at all.
It has a solid village area and walkable commercial strips too. It will benefit from the new rail line for sure. Inglewood is on it's way up.

There isn't anything in Bronzeville like what they're planning on building in Inglewood. It has nice residential blocks, but I don't remember any vibrant commercial strips in Bronzeville.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
I'm talking about places that are a focus for visitors and tourists. There are of course others (e.g., Pasadena) but most are packed into that area I mentioned.

I have never even heard of Leimert Park and I'm a city nerd that visits SSP.

Inglewood? Come on. That's like saying Bronzeville is an attraction because the White Sox stadium is there.
I get it what you're saying but that can be said for any city. What tourists go to NJ, Long Island, Staten Island most of Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx if you want to see NYC?

Does that mean those places don't matter?

It's just an odd way you're putting that. As a metro area, LA and its suburbs do offer more for tourists/vistors outside of NYC . And it's probably closer than most think.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2017, 7:32 PM
~

Quote:
I get it what you're saying but that can be said for any city. What tourists go to NJ, Long Island, Staten Island most of Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx if you want to see NYC?
NJ gets a decent amount of tourists. Ellis Island and freaking Carlos's Bakery in Hoboken...

Brooklyn, Queens and the Hamptons are super popular as well.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2017, 10:07 PM

Queens and the Bronx are not popular with tourists. Where in NJ are visitors to NYC going?

I'm from the DC area, and everyone I knew there hung around Manhattan and maybe Brooklyn. I don't remember anyone talking about anything else.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2017, 1:03 AM
Show me the blueprints

You're way off... lots of people visit Queens for an abundance of reasons (Greek Astoria, Jackson Heights, FMCP, etc.) and a crapload of foreigners like to visit the Bronx particularly for hip hop history.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jul 31, 2017, 1:06 AM
Never Dell

I think he meant in relative terms.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2017, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays View Post
I think he meant in relative terms.
Yup. There's a TON of chinese who visit and stay in the San Gabriel Valley. They're building new hotels aimed at these travelers there. People visit the SGV all the time for cuisine.
Is it the even close to the same percentage who visit the more popular areas of LA?

Um, no.

You can use his logic to any city.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions